From Pawn to Player: Rethinking Sansa VIII

brashcandy

LF has absolutely NO intention of helping Sansa get Winterfell back. Among the many reasons I don't want to see her marry HtH this is one of them. I want Sansa to learn to be a guile heroine or Mother to the People or whatever will empower her the most, turn around and use LF for all he's worth, then discard him when he's no longer useful.

I think the point Ragnorak made is particularly relevant to this: she considers building a snow knight but ends up with Winterfell. She's no longer going to be depending on a hero to rescue her, but will be drawing on the innate strengths of her Stark identity.

On that note, I wonder if her "slaying" the stone giant will mean a metaphorical slaying - that she exposes his treachery to all and sundry and everyone seeing that the Stone Giant has no armor, so to speak? She'll slay the power of the stone giant, but little dweeby Petyr Baelish will be packed off to the Wall to spend the rest of his life scrubbing floors and emptying chamber pots. Ha ha ha.

Which leads me to the fact that Sansa already has ample dirt on LF - all she needs is the right audience.

Well Sansa is foreshadowed as slaying the savage giant, not the stone one which is most likely Robert Strong/Ungregor. This isn't to say she won't encounter him though, given the connection to Sandor and Cersei.

I'm working on that post as we read and it will be up later today.

Looking forward to it :)

Methinks there is a weird obsession with Sansa

Well, if you by weird obsession, you mean perfectly lots of perfectly rational and amazing discussion out of a character made out of 100% pure awesome, then yes, absolutely!

Nice seeing you in here SerMixalot, come join us! :) you know you want too....

LF has absolutely NO intention of helping Sansa get Winterfell back. Among the many reasons I don't want to see her marry HtH this is one of them. I want Sansa to learn to be a guile heroine or Mother to the People or whatever will empower her the most, turn around and use LF for all he's worth, then discard him when he's no longer useful.

I don't want het to marry him either and I really don't think she will. I'm so convinced that she won't that I'll even go out and buy a hat just so I can eat it if proved wrong.

OK folks, we've officially hit the 400 posts mark and we're expecting some new posts coming in from Kittykat and KRBD, so perhaps now would be good time to get Sansa IX started?

I think this is a good idea, I'd rather start on a new thread than see this one be locked in the middle of a discussion and it seems like we've reached a natural break point.

Archived