GRRM Talks Season 3

Westeros

Wonderful. I think the Red Wedding will be in either episode 8 or 9, since GRRM's episode (7th) will have a lot of rain (same as the events previous to the Red Wedding).

Hah, I like how they're admitting to wanting a Brit actor for the part. Can't get enough of the thespian class ;)

I'm soooooo hoping for Belwas. They've already chopped up Dany's court enough.

The idea I read in another thread of Theon being tormented by a gaoler for a season sounded cool. The gaoler ending but being Ramsay.

Are they actually going to split ASoS because the book is way too long and I would hate if they watered down the darn book

Yes, they are. Season 3 will cover roughly the first half of book 3, season 4 the other half and (as we speculate) early parts from Feast and Dance (Kingsmoot, for example, and to keep the Ironbron on screen).

Yes, they are. Season 3 will cover roughly the first half of book 3, season 4 the other half and (as we speculate) early parts from Feast and Dance (Kingsmoot, for example, and to keep the Ironbron on screen).

And this was all confirmed correct?

And this was all confirmed correct?

It is confirmed that season 3 will cover roughly the first half of Storm (probably up to the Red Wedding, Jon's return to the Wall, etc). We, the forum dwellers, expect season 4 to contain the remainder of Storm (Purple Wedding, Tyrion's trial, etc) with a few early parts from Feast and Dance.

Well Alfie Allen is a major character now , under contract, so makes sense that Greyjoy stuff , we know happened but was not on page, and Greyjoy stuff from other books , that is really not out of sequence, would be pulled forward.

Fully expect Gemma Whelan to be there next season too.

(We will have to see..... but even Tony Way may get more than just one minute on the next two seasons.)

I wish we at least have the Balon on the Bridge scene next season !

I'm expecting Asha's return to Pyke, some interaction with Balon, her return to Deepwood Motte and Balons death in season 3, and the introduction of Aeron, Euron and Victarion including the Kingsmoot in season 4.

I'm expecting Asha's return to Pyke, some interaction with Balon, her return to Deepwood Motte and Balons death in season 3, and the introduction of Aeron, Euron and Victarion including the Kingsmoot in season 4.

Whoa hey spoilers!!

Interesting that Martin is implying that particular event everyone is dreading will be in season three. My guess is the ninth episode (that's usually where they put the big shocking events).

I can see Strong Belwas being cut, but it would make Dany's story the lesseer for it. He may not do much of great significance, but he is an awesome protector behind Dany, with no (as far as we know) Ulterior motive. And he's a bit of comic relief in an otherwise very serious story line.

I think witnessing Theon's descent into madness, rather than only seeing the end will be a very good thing. And it will significantly increase the feelings of dread about the Bolton genepool in general. Let the flaying commence! The look of pleasure on Ramsey's face as he peels off the skin from one of Theon's fingers, while Theon screams in agony is going to seriously screw with viewers' emotions. Going in to S3 they are going to be all "nothing is too bad a punishment for Theon." Then during the season they are going to start thinking "Y'know that saying about not wishing something on my worst enemy? Well..."

Edit: And I don't think they will save all three of Balon's Bros for S4. I think Damphair and Victarion can be in S3. Then Euron comes sweeping in to take it all (wearing flashy clothes and gem encrusted gold jewelry) in S4.

As much as i want to see Belwas right now i am more concerned about Barristan, i really hope they are able to get the actor back to reprise his role for season 3.

Archived