Syrio Forel, dancing master, mistake maker

Mulled Wino

He would have to bow and pick up the sword. In that one moment, Trant could kill him. Or Arya, for that matter. He didn't have the time I guess. otherwise he'd done it of course. I don't think he answered 'yes' to the God of Death that day.

On the other hand, he does tell us that he's not the first sword anymore, and even in his prime, others were stronger, faster, or more skilled. Observation skills alone cannot pick up swords.

On the other hand, he does tell us that he's not the first sword anymore, and even in his prime, others were stronger, faster, or more skilled. Observation skills alone cannot pick up swords.

You're right. But, Trant was covered in armor where Syrio was "naked", even not being the fastest, strongest, etc, he was strong, fast and skilled.

I'm not saying he did it, I'm saying he could have, just as easily.

He would have to bow and pick up the sword. In that one moment, Trant could kill him. Or Arya, for that matter. He didn't have the time I guess. otherwise he'd done it of course. I don't think he answered 'yes' to the God of Death that day.

I don't find this convincing. There was space and time to do something like throw his wooden sword at Trant as a distraction and then dive for one of the dropped swords. It's not as if Trant is the Flash.

Yeah, its pretty weird. Trant was wearing full plate though, no? If so Syrio probably still didn't stand much of a chance, even with a proper sword. Although to be fair GrrM likes his fights of the nimble against the heavily armoured, (Bronn-Vardis, Greogr-Viper) so this doesn't really hold either.

Idts

The black cells are for the worst criminals I dont see them getting released until they are leaving kingslanding incase they do escape

most likly they were released after the beheading when they all left Kings landing

Nah Jaime mentions Ned having released 3 prisoners when he's thinking about his search of the Cells in AFFC. if it had been after ned's capture it'd have been cersei releasing them.

The same Jaqen that was out of the cells before Ned failed his coup?

Idts

The black cells are for the worst criminals I dont see them getting released until they are leaving kingslanding incase they do escape

most likly they were released after the beheading when they all left Kings landing

Nah Jaime mentions Ned having released 3 prisoners when he's thinking about his search of the Cells in AFFC. if it had been after ned's capture it'd have been cersei releasing them.

Ned gave Yoren the prisoners before the coup but since Yoren went to the trouble of locking them in a cage for the trip I doubt they got to wander about KL while they were waiting to leave. Hagar also knew who Arya was.

Archived