if the characters lived in our world and time which celebs or politicians would they be like?

Ned Stark would be an honorable politician, but there are not that many honorable politicians out there. Obama would be the closest man to be an honorable politician - whom I can come up with at least.

Mad King Aerys would be like.. Hitler? Hitler was mad, that's for sure. Rhaegar wanted Aerys gone but that didn't work out very well - parallel between von Stauffenberg and his companions maybe?

Edit:

Robert Baratheon as Churchill. Defeated Mad King Aerys, as Churchill defeated Hitler, and both had some trouble with spending their money well..

Ned Stark would be an honorable politician, but there are not that many honorable politicians out there. Obama would be the closest man to be an honorable politician - whom I can come up with at least.

Mad King Aerys would be like.. Hitler? Hitler was mad, that's for sure. Rhaegar wanted Aerys gone but that didn't work out very well - parallel between von Stauffenberg and his companions maybe?

Edit:

Robert Baratheon as Churchill. Defeated Mad King Aerys, as Churchill defeated Hitler, and both had some trouble with spending their money well..

Hahaha I liked this thread and was about to comment, but then I read your comment about Ned being like Obama whereas I was about to say Obama would be more of a Littlefinger.. and I'm not as much of a fan of Littlefinger.

This thread's easily going to generate argument, and I would doubt that it would have to do with ASOIAF.

Hahaha I liked this thread and was about to comment, but then I read your comment about Ned being like Obama whereas I was about to say Obama would be more of a Littlefinger.. and I'm not as much of a fan of Littlefinger.

This thread's easily going to generate argument, and I would doubt that it would have to do with ASOIAF.

George W. Bush represents Littlefinger. Starts wars like it's nothing, and isn't much-loved by the people. Betrays everyone who could ever be betrayed and will be your friend first before turning in your foe when it suits him.

George W. Bush represents Littlefinger. Starts wars like it's nothing, and isn't much-loved by the people. Betrays everyone who could ever be betrayed and will be your friend first before turning in your foe when it suits him.

Lol I'm not even going to respond, other than by saying that the point I was trying to get across has just been proven.

Haha, I know. But I like threads like these - comparing ASOIAF with real-life people, situations, wars, you name it.

Haha ya I didn't mean to sound like an ass. I just saw this as more of a thread for ASOIAF fans to talk real life politics and knowing what kind of people are on the site, it's inevitably going to get heated. Or maybe it's just me that should stay away from threads like this... lol

Haha ya I didn't mean to sound like an ass. I just saw this as more of a thread for ASOIAF fans to talk real life politics and knowing what kind of people are on the site, it's inevitably going to get heated. Or maybe it's just me that should stay away from threads like this... lol

The threads which get heated are the most fun! All those Sansa threads in which people are fighting to prove they're right and definitely not the other ones, are just hilarious. Just sit back, get some popcorn and enjoy. :V

Doran Martell - Vladimir Putin :devil:

Varys - Sir John Sawers or Alexander Bortnikov

Cersei Lannister - Christine Lagarde?

I dunno...

Daenerys Targaryen - Hillary Clinton?

Sansa Stark - Kate Middleton, sorry, Princess Catherine now

Lady Olenna - Queen Elizabeth II ? I personally adore both.

Renly Baratheon? / Jon Snow? - Mark Zuckerberg

Melisandre and Stannis - Naomi Campbell and Vladimir Doronin

Daenerys and Drogo - Seal and Heidi Klum?

littlefinger is more of a vladimir putin has know real political stance and just desires power and will do what he can to get it

Vladimir Putin has a very definite political stance and agenda. Like every other modern leader, he can be swayed to some extent by populism and by external international pressure, but I would argue that he is much less easily swayed than most Western politicians (whether that's a good or bad quality is debatable).

Vladimir Putin has a very definite political stance and agenda. Like every other modern leader, he can be swayed to some extent by populism and by external international pressure, but I would argue that he is much less easily swayed than most Western politicians (whether that's a good or bad quality is debatable).

he goes with popular oppion because he knows that will keep him in power just as he brown nosed soviet officals to be cheif of KBG when the soviet union ended he went out to critise it and say it was terrible he then promoted big buisnesss with low taxation and when the econmic harship began he began to become tougher on buisness he will literally change his oppions when he belives they will help him keep power a lot like littlefinger

he goes with popular oppion because he knows that will keep him in power just as he brown nosed soviet officals to be cheif of KBG when the soviet union ended he went out to critise it and say it was terrible he then promoted big buisnesss with low taxation and when the econmic harship began he began to become tougher on buisness he will literally change his oppions when he belives they will help him keep power a lot like littlefinger

and all his political actions were slowly but surely pulling Russia into a new USSR in the meanwhile.

That's why he is Doran Martell. Also because I hate Littlefinger and like Doran and Putin.

Archived