if the characters lived in our world and time which celebs or politicians would they be like?

Cersei Lannister= Christina Kirchner, pesident of Argentina.

Both absolutely batshit crazy, taking their respective nation's in a political and economic free fall, all the while thinking they are doing the right things and going to succeed. Both suffer from paranoia of sorts, are widows, have affairs, and scorn their enemies

As I read Cersei's chapters, I thought this was the closest of all connections

I agree, well thought connection.

Tywin Lannister: Vladimir Putin- Sinister dude that imposes a thinly veiled tyranny disguised as a democracy (or the closest there is in Westeros anyway), controlling the realm directly or indirectly with an iron hand.

Mace Tyrell: Prince Charles- Nobody likes him, his mother is the one really in charge, is ugly and boring, seemingly having no particularly interesting or useful skills, but since he hasn't really done anything monstrous, everyone just tolerates him as a placeholder while really paying attention to his more attractive and interesting children.

Mace Tyrell: Prince Charles- Nobody likes him, his mother is the one really in charge, is ugly and boring, seemingly having no particularly interesting or useful skills, but since he hasn't really done anything monstrous, everyone just tolerates him as a placeholder while really paying attention to his more attractive and interesting children.

Cruel but awesome.

He also really likes gardening apparently. I remember this thing in the paper about him spending ages touching up a garden, I think it may even have been called Highgrove. But his kids aren't as cool as Mace's, lets be honest.

Archived