Are there any plausible "King Joffrey is Alive" Theories?

Lord Hound

George parodied a lot of these "character X, Y and Z are alive" theories in ADWD.

Davos is in a tavern in White Harbour:

His fellow drinkers were talking about dragons now. “You’re bloody mad,” said an oarsman off Storm Dancer. “The Beggar King’s been dead for years. Some Dothraki horselord cut his head off.”

“So they tell us,” said the old fellow. “Might be they’re lying, though. He died half a world away, if he died at all. Who’s to say? If a king wanted me dead, might be I’d oblige him and pretend to be a corpse. None of us has ever seen his body.”

“I never saw Joffrey’s corpse, nor Robert’s,” growled the Eel’s proprietor. “Maybe they’re all alive as well. Maybe Baelor the Blessed’s just been having him a little nap all these years.”

He warged into Margaery.

Considering the ridiculous theories spread here, this might be more plausible than one might think. After all, Joffrey is a Lannister and his sigil is a lion, whilst the sigil of the Starks is a direwolf. They are both animals. Obviously, they both have warging in their blood.

Isn't it strange how neither Cersei nor Jaime pay any attention to their son's "corpse" while they're going at it in the sept, and then we never see his body again? Clearly, he was just pretending, and escaped in the confusion. However, now he knows the truth of his birth, and it's wrought on a new perspective for the noble boy king.

He's biding his time at the Crag for the Joffrey redemption arc.

Archived