Why Victarion Greyjoy is an atrocious Human Being

Seriously, this thread is hilarious, but let me see...

What did you expect Vic to do, she was his salt wife, a slave. He could have done anything he wanted to do to her, and when he found Euron in bed with her he would have list it: remember this is a culture that is based off of reaving, raping, pillaging, killing and raping (yes I said rape twice, they like rape) and Vic isn't the most stable person, he'd have reacted in rage.

Next the slaves... slaves that he gave to the Drowned God and R'hllor, pulling a Stannis and using the resources available to assist him. Also in his mind he is giving the slaves a better life in the halls of the DG, he didn't know any better

Salt Wife: in his culture it is morally correct to have a salt wife. As I said before he doesn't know any better, he's a viking from a medieval world, he doesn't know about morales in 21st Century Earth

The Maester: I assume Vic has the same mistrust for Maesters as Aeron, after all it was their brother that died by one.

Him killing her might have been welcome to her as it freed her from having to be with him anymore.

I think what the poster is saying is that her life is so hellish that death would be preferable.

This. I don't understand why the concept is so weird. Are we supposed to pretend that some people in those positions aren't suicidal?

Yeah GRRM doesn't have much moral ambiguity with the Iron Islands. Balon, Victarion, Euron, and Aeron all are pretty clear-cut villains. Theon is the only redeemable soul and he didn't even grow up there really. I guess there's still hope for Asha as our last decent Iron Islander...

I don't know what you guys are talking about, Victarion is THE MAN! No one else is determined to sail the Dothraki sea! He's a dreamer damnit!!

A dreamer flying on the wings of song (if that song is the sound of 7 whores being burned to death and screaming in agony).

Yes. She gave her high born husband horns - how did she see that ending exactly?

Makes the rather dangerous assumption Victarion's wife consented to the sex. We have Euron's word she did, but I doubt you need to use too much imagination to think of a reason he'd lie about raping her.

Makes the rather dangerous assumption Victarion's wife consented to the sex. We have Euron's word she did, but I doubt you need to use too much imagination to think of a reason he'd lie about raping her.

Honestly this makes the most sense, because the only other conclusions I can draw from willingly carrying a bastard when a man like Victarion Greyjoy is your husband aren't very flattering.

2. He drowns the perfumed boy whores just for existing

2. I can't really defend him on this one

He is at sea, he needs to be keeping his food for his men. He knows he does not need extra mouths to feed, so giving them to the drowned god is a win/win for him.

He is at sea, he needs to be keeping his food for his men. He knows he does not need extra mouths to feed, so giving them to the drowned god is a win/win for him.

Err, so why does he keep all but seven of the female whores then?

It also doesn't fly as an excuse when his own thoughts reveal he kills them because their existence offends him, not because of practical concerns.

Not to mention he thinks they've got very ample supplies on hand from all the wild boars they managed to kill en route to Meereen.

A dreamer flying on the wings of song (if that song is the sound of 7 whores being burned to death and screaming in agony).

I think a great way to punish Victarion for all his doucheyness is if Dany makes him rename his ship The Rainbow or The Iron Cuddles.

I think a great way to punish Victarion for all his doucheyness is if Dany makes him rename his ship The Rainbow or The Iron Cuddles.

It's much more probable she's going to make him rename it Glory from Old Valyria or Pride of the Conqueress, tough. Or plain Drogon.

Just because there are worse characters out there (Gregor, Ramsay, Joffrey) doesnt mean he isnt a disgusting excuse for a human being. Most Greyjoys are.

The think he most hangs his hat on is his ability on the sea. His skill in actual combat is unquestionable but he is a poor tactition. Stannis destroyed him, no shame in that Stannis would destroy most people tactically. But I would also put him below Davos Seaworth and Paxter Redwyne in terms of being able to command a fleet and think of ways to beat the enemy.

he really isnt good for much besides burying his axe in people. Which makes him a contender for King on the Iron Islands. Why has that place been dealt with again?

It also doesn't fly as an excuse when his own thoughts reveal he kills them because their existence offends him, not because of practical concerns.

Maybe one winked and kissed at him, so he made them fly as an excuse.

Don't worry Vic Haters, He will probably get his :bang:, hopefully it will be a glorious death.

Speculation on how it goes down. He uses horn and somehow it works binding him to Rhaegal or Visceron. Maybe he even gets to ride the thing for a little and have a neverending story moment. Afterwards Drogon attacks, in typical Drogon pissed off fashion. Vic dies in/from this altercation. Leaving a riderless dragon, that will take a rider no more. This leaves the dragon open for one little warg we know. Bran flies, events from first book finally tie in and we no longer trolled hard by the master.

he really isnt good for much

Except having the best POVs next to Arya. Wearing full plate on the ocean without care makes him a BAMF. He knows most of his opponents will not be wearing armor at sea for risk of drowning, making it much easier to take down opponents when outnumbered. A great naval tactician, he will never be. But for guerilla warfare at sea, boarding small fleets of ships and taking advantage of unarmored opponents and ships, he is the greatest.

Archived