R+L=J v.30

Xray the Enforcer

I am worried that considering the whole R+L=J is not going to be a surprise anymore to a lot of people...GRRM might now change his storyline to bring more twists and not give us this though he intended to initially..and that sucks

He wont

If anything, I would say he's sick of keeping the secret for 20 years and will be relieved when he doesn't have to answer questions about it

Right, and then we wont have any more questions! He will not only not change or reveal the answer, he might even hold onto it until the last book. He already knows what's going to happen so why should he worry?

Right, and then we wont have any more questions! He will not only not change or reveal the answer, he might even hold onto it until the last book. He already knows what's going to happen so why should he worry?

I started reading ASoIaF after I saw the first season of the HBO show. I don't recall any "clues" about Jon, except that Ned was going to tell Jon about his mom, and Lyanna having a statue in the crypts. I didn't think that much about Jon's parentage until I started reading. I think that very few of the HBO viewers have any idea about R+L=J. They will probably be surprised.

I started reading ASoIaF after I saw the first season of the HBO show. I don't recall any "clues" about Jon, except that Ned was going to tell Jon about his mom, and Lyanna having a statue in the crypts. I didn't think that much about Jon's parentage until I started reading. I think that very few of the HBO viewers have any idea about R+L=J. They will probably be surprised.

Of the two dozen or so friends of mine who have read the books none of them pieced together R+L=J. Two of them - both bright criminal defense attorneys - had gotten as far as figuring out it wasn't as simple as Ned+Willa, but both were putting their money on Benjen.

I'm convinced most of the people who claim its "too obvious" didn't pick it up until they read it on a board.

I never saw R + J, but I never looked for it. I dont like knowing things ahead of time but in this particular case it's OK since GRRM will not fail to surprise or please. I read the first book by Scott Turow and it really boiled me that I knew who did the murder 100 pages before I was supposed to. I look a lot closer now since there is stuff that has been revealed that I just miss. I'm a little more interested in that stuff. GRRM is good at keeping some of the puzzle pieces hidden until the right moment and he doesnt see anything wrong with leaving some questions unanswered. R + J looks very likely but even people who believe this is true are angsting over how it was all managed.

Archived