Why would anyone want Dany as a queen?

Hoopdescoop

So, you're saying she should just go over to Westeros, kill Stannis, Tommen, Euron and whoever else crowns themselves in the meantime and become queen?

Does that also mean that The Sons of the Harpy have a right to kill her? Because she stole their city as much as Robert stole the Targ throne...

Or that there should be a King in the North, a Gardner King, a Storm King and all the others? Because, by your logic, that means the Targs stole their thrones.

ETA:

HAIL STANNIS! :bowdown:

It means that every human should get the f-ck out of Westeros and make way for the Children of the Forest! Nuff said

If you call Stannis a minor character you have no grasp on reality.

Call him a douche, villain, idiot, moron, hypocrite jerkbag all you want. But to say he is a "minor character" is bullshit misinformation and double think. The kind of shit we as society were warned against by George Orwell in 1984.

Btw....Stannis is the Mannis!

Anyway...commence throwdown over Daenerys, my two cents will spring up one of these days...

Sorry I missed all stannis's pov's. I am doing a re-read so I'll check for them :love:

Because she is glorious. Because she alone, amongst the other contenders actually cares for her people. She represents an upheaval, a crumbling of the old ways, the first step towards a better society.

Look at where her reign begins: her husband dead, her child dead and a barren future at Dosh Khaleen stretching out before. She made a promise to her people of freedom and walked into the flames unprotected.

Can you imagine the scene that awaited her khalisar the next morning as the sun rose over Daenerys Stormborn as she rose from the ashes, so small and yet so strong, cradling the world's only dragon?

I'd follow her through the Red Waste too.

And then you'd eventually get to Meereen and things would start to suck.

I don't like Dany for just these reasons actually. Its a personal thing, but I don't care for leaders whose 'care' for their people manifests itself in ill thought out and lazy attempts to destabilize existing institutions and social structures. Its the colossal pretension of what she is trying to achieve coupled with her comparatively feeble and confused ways of executing her designs that leave me indifferent, if not hostile to her. She's just the sort of ideologically seductive leader (to readers anyway) who inspires with great promises and leaves everyone with a horrible headache later. The political equivalent of fool's gold in my view.

As to your complaints: it interests me that no one ever mentions her abuse of Irri. If you were actually interested in pointing out her negatives, that seems to be her worst act so far.

I will not understand how people say she ignores advise: she went to Astapor on Jorah's advice, her Meereenesse problems are partly fuelled by her taking advice from her council.

Jorah wanted her to make for the seven kingdoms though, with the unsullied, IIRC. He didn't say go to Slaver's Bay and try and run the place.

She sure has taken some bad advice from her council too.

Welcome to our ranks brother. We accept you with open arms, the night is dark and full of Targs.

could i....possibly....join too? :leaving:

But she is the blood of the dragon, and she will take back what is hers with Fire and Blood. Completely validates her quest to end millions of lives in an attempt to rule another country that she can ruin.

I like that the girl is blood thirsty and wants to reestablish the Targ dynasty.

Technically the thrones belongs to Stannis now, but in reality the throne belongs to whoever takes it and she knows it. Westeros is no more than a grandiose Khalasar and if she saves Westeros from the others, I think she'll find enough support.

Since westeros is a continent this makes no sense, westeros existed for 8,000 years without them they did not form it. How does it belong to them?

I mean they first formed a seat that ruled over the seven kingdoms. That seat was made by them n belongs to them.

Sorry I missed all stannis's pov's. I am doing a re-read so I'll check for them :love:

There are no words....by your logic Areo hotah is a more important character than Stannis Baratheon?

Also on your reread you might wanna make a mental note that none of the five kings were made POVS. This was deliberate on GRRM's part.

I s'pose Varys, Robb, Littlefinger, Tywin, Oberyn, Jorah, Maergery, Loras, Euron, are all minor characters?

And I guess since all the dead chracters don't have POVS Lyanna, Rhaegar, Arthur Dayne, Aegon I and all the rest are "minor" as well?

Get real.

could i....possibly....join too? :leaving:

But she is the blood of the dragon, and she will take back what is hers with Fire and Blood. Completely validates her quest to end millions of lives in an attempt to rule another country that she can ruin.

Of course! We are always looking to recruit new members. Our number is legion our name is death, death to the targs!

Becaze it woud be soooo coool! to have a queen whod never be able to b burnt! And pluz she never gets sick either! sooooo cooool! Pluz she her hair iz silver! and with eyes violt prple too! No one else is like this ever! And dragons be awesome! burn ssucker slavers you suck! Quen Dani is good and kind to all, and alos she iss girlzzz! Girlzz Power go!!!!

shut it down mods. nothing left to say or see here..

prepare for induction into the westeros quote hall of fame

So, you're saying she should just go over to Westeros, kill Stannis, Tommen, Euron and whoever else crowns themselves in the meantime and become queen?

Does that also mean that The Sons of the Harpy have a right to kill her? Because she stole their city as much as Robert stole the Targ throne...

Or that there should be a King in the North, a Gardner King, a Storm King and all the others? Because, by your logic, that means the Targs stole their thrones.

ETA:

HAIL STANNIS! :bowdown:

Well dany is a usurper of meereen. They have every right to TRY to kill her. But she won't be there for much longer (*prays)

If she has to kill them to take her throne, so be it. Tho stannis will probably die by someone else's hand. There is too much for dany to do so I don't want her pov's wasted on killing minor characters such as stannis.

I mean they first formed a seat that ruled over the seven kingdoms. That seat was made by them n belongs to them.

The seven kingdoms were fine without the Targs. And the targs stole the kingship of the seven other kings if you say there is no right of conquest the Targs have no right to the seven kingdoms.

There are no words....by your logic Areo hotah is a more important character than Stannis Baratheon?

Also on your reread you might wanna make a mental note that none of the five kings were made POVS. This was deliberate on GRRM's part.

I s'pose Varys, Robb, Littlefinger, Tywin, Oberyn, Jorah, Maergery, Loras, Euron, are all minor characters?

And I guess since all the dead chracters don't have POVS Lyanna, Rhaegar, Arthur Dayne, Aegon I and all the rest are "minor" as well?

Get real.

We all know Merrett Frey is Azor Ahai bc he had a PoV chapter :P

Well dany is a usurper of meereen. They have every right to TRY to kill her. But she won't be there for much longer (*prays)

If she has to kill them to take her throne, so be it. Tho stannis will probably die by someone else's hand. There is too much for dany to do so I don't want her pov's wasted on killing minor characters such as stannis.

Yes, it would be SOOOO wonderful of Dany to abandon all of these people after she set an entire continent to war. Who cares if they all die and end up back in slavery? Danyhas dragonz!

Get real.

And what happened to the rest of the five kings without pov's?

Some pov's were needed in dorne.

Yes all u mentioned are minor characters. Either dead or just pushing the story forward for major characters. (I'm not saying that r not important)

Major characters for me: jon, dany, bran, and possibly arya

Yes, it would be SOOOO wonderful of Dany to abandon all of these people after she set an entire continent to war. Who cares if they all die and end up back in slavery? Danyhas dragonz!

Exactly. How could anyone hope for her to leave all that trouble she caused behind? If she leaves the slaves will have it 10 times worse then ever before, all because of her.

Except she will set things right before she leaves. #utried

It means that every human should get the f-ck out of Westeros and make way for the Children of the Forest! Nuff said

Yeah, I forgot to mention that... :P

The point I was trying to make is that it doesn't matter what your ancestors had or what they lost. What matters is what you have. And Danny doesn't have a claim by law. . The only way she can sit on the Iron Throne is if she goes there with an army and slaughters pretty much everyone that stands in her way. And if she does that she'll be no better than " The Usurper and his dogs " .

Does that make Arys Oakheart a major character because he had a couple of POVs?

Seriously?

You should seriously look up what a minor character is. If she kills everyone in Westeros, she'll just finish her ascent into madness.

I agree, Stannis will probably die. Defending the Realm. Defending the Northmen who flocked to his banners, the traitorous Freys, the ignorant lords of the Vale, the Storm lords who abandoned him and the Dornish and Reachmen sitting in their flowery seats. He'll die battling the Others. The only King who cared for the people and The Realm, while Danny was playing at being a Queen in Mereen.

And she should absolutely leave Mereen to the slavers and go across the sea to kill more people. That's what any good ruler would do.

PS: Edited for spelling.

Archived