roose bolton and the rw

blacksand

after the red wedding there were several mentions of roose bolton being somehow involved, but i cant remember in what way. how exactly did he betray robb stark?

He was the one that shoved the sword through Robb's heart.

The tricky part is that Roose is described as "a man in a pink cloak." Given that Catelyn had been talking to Roose a few minutes beforehand, I thought it was odd that Robb's killer was described that way. So it took me a few re-reads to figure out it was Roose.

• 7 months later...

The tricky part is that Roose is described as "a man in a pink cloak." Given that Catelyn had been talking to Roose a few minutes beforehand, I thought it was odd that Robb's killer was described that way. So it took me a few re-reads to figure out it was Roose.

It's because he puts on a full suit of armor when he says he's going to the privy. Cautious man, our Roose :devil:

The line "Jaime Lannister sends his regards" did it for me. However, on re-reading the book, Bolton's treachery was hinted at during the chapter(s) where he treats with Jaime post-maiming and we learn that he sent a considerable portion of the Young Wolf's forces out to deliberately get routed at Duskendale by Randall Tarly IIRC.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived