Actors that need to be cast!

aceski

Vorenus as Connington, Pullo as Victarion and the Newsreader as Wyman Manderly, please.

Such popular choices, I'd be surprised if they weren't even considered.

Been watching the show Spartacus of late, it's become something of a guilty pleasure.

I thought Peter Feeney had an interesting look about him. Very patrician, but also - no offence intended, of course - rather odd, even creepy. I reckon he'd make a good Frey. Black Walder perhaps.

Okay I know he's way too high profile and too expensive and too 'artistic' to sink to doing TV, even something like GOT, but how great would Daniel Day Lewis be as Aeron Greyjoy. It would be like Tom Cruise in Tropic Thunder; it's basically a cameo role, even though Aeron's a POV.

I'm sure you could argue that he could be great in any role, but I think it would be especially classy to see him play Damphair.

Actually, while we're on the topic of both Peter Capaldi and the Damphair, I could see that even more than Randyll Tarly.

I wish I could think of a good role for Paula Malcolmson - she would have killed it as a sister of Cat, but not as Lysa Tully... a different alternate-reality sister of Cat. It's definitely interesting - when thinking of female actresses in that 30's/40's age range, there are probably not even 1/10th the roles there are for men, and the ones that exist are pretty much cast already.

I'm a big fan of Anthony Brophy, he was on the Tudors and is very versatile. I don't have a role in mind for him but have a feeling he could be used for many different characters.

https://www.youtube....h?v=heXS93O8Kq0

I could maybe see him as Doran? It is hard to tell what direction they will go with Dorne in terms of ethnicity...

It's been talked about around here before, both Kevin McKidd or Ray Stevenson would fit this series perfectly , but alas, are they available?

Well, Ray Stevenson was available to be the villain of the seventh season of Dexter. So, unless he gets involved in a bigger project, I don't see why he wouldn't sign another contract with HBO for a show just as awesome as Rome.

Kevin McKidd might be busy with Grey's but I think that's gonna last two more seasons - tops. So, he should be available by the time JonCon neds to be introduced.

Okay I know he's way too high profile and too expensive and too 'artistic' to sink to doing TV, even something like GOT, but how great would Daniel Day Lewis be as Aeron Greyjoy. It would be like Tom Cruise in Tropic Thunder; it's basically a cameo role, even though Aeron's a POV.

I'm sure you could argue that he could be great in any role, but I think it would be especially classy to see him play Damphair.

DDL as Damphair? That would be disastrous lol, he would probably try to drown himself while getting into Damphair's character.

Of all the actors from Rome I always thought Michael Nardone (Mascius) was underused. It would be cool to see him given a role on the show, maybe as one of Stannis's knights.

Robbie Coltrane for Wyman Manderly

Mem Ferda! I think he'd be awesome as a knight or warrior. Maybe as Areo Hotah if they cast him.

Archived