Where is Blackfish heading in TWOW?

sumant30

From my previous thread about Jeyne westerling this came to my mind what options does blackfish have as he has escaped

1>Will he join BwB

Although this seems a strong possibility but first of all blackfish is knight how can he join a band of outlwas?.Secondly he does not know that BwB is on strak side and hanging any freys they get their hands on so it would be highly unlikely he will trust them.

2>Going to vale.

As many fellow forum members are suggesting this is the second most high possibility i think is difficult in happening becuase even if he does not know that lysa is no more in vale he would not go there as he left from there on his own accord.And if he knows that lysa is dead he is not dumb to trust LF.

3>Going north

This seems the most highly unlikely possibility becuase the north is all in turmoil with all the things happening at WF and with stannis at the wall i would say it is now most unstable part of westeros and also with winter in full swing over there he going there seems a low possibility.

Well what other options he has now?

He might try to rescue Edmure on the way to Castelry Rock, or maybe he will just spend sometimes in the Riverlands without actually knowing what happens next and then he will rush North as soon as Davos comes back with Rickon.

From my previous thread about Jeyne westerling this came to my mind what options does blackfish have as he has escaped

1>Will he join BwB

Although this seems a strong possibility but first of all blackfish is knight how can he join a band of outlaws?

I don't see how that would be a problem. While the BWB has fallen at a moral low point, it was already a band of outlaws before. Many of their members are knighted outlaws, as is the Blackfish himself.

A more serious problem is that he would deal badly with Lady Stoneheart. Or so I hope, anyway.

Secondly he does not know that BwB is on strak side and hanging any freys they get their hands on so it would be highly unlikely he will trust them.

Do you think so? I don't think it is much of a secret that the BWB is seeking revenge against Freys and Lannisters. Odds are good that the Blackfish knows of that already. Even if he doesn't, it will be easy to find out.

2>Going to vale.

As many fellow forum members are suggesting this is the second most high possibility i think is difficult in happening becuase even if he does not know that lysa is no more in vale he would not go there as he left from there on his own accord.And if he knows that lysa is dead he is not dumb to trust LF.

I don't see what the problems would be, though. How is his decision to leave a reason not to return to the Vale? Why must he trust LF in order to seek help from, say, Bronze Yohn Royce?

3>Going north

This seems the most highly unlikely possibility becuase the north is all in turmoil with all the things happening at WF and with stannis at the wall i would say it is now most unstable part of westeros and also with winter in full swing over there he going there seems a low possibility.

Agreed.

Well what other options he has now?

There are a few. Alliances (secret or otherwise) with the Lords of the Reach, particularly House Tyrell; with Dorne; with the Mountain Clans, even. He may even decide to go to Essos.

I think he might meet Jaime and Brienne. They'd make a really good trio and someone who knew Cat really needs to meet UnCat, imo.

I'm not sure the Blackfish would take kindly to traveling with Jaime considering their most recent encounter with each other.

I'm not sure the Blackfish would take kindly to traveling with Jaime considering their most recent encounter with each other.

Well, Jaime and Brienne weren't on best terms when they first met, either.

There's several possibilites for the Blackfish and I think this would be an unexpected outcome, but I would really like it. Three (formerly) skilled knights with three different personalities on a quest together.

Edmure and Blackfish would have worked out his escape from Riverrun together. I can't imagine that the BF would let Edmure be taken to Casterly Rock as a prisoner. He somehow has to deal with 200 Lannister men to get Edmure back.

The Riverlands are now weakly held by the Freys and an absent Baelish of Harrenhall. The Tully's could rally the Riverlords since they all should be pretty ticked off at the Lannisters and their lackeys. I'd expect Brynden will go to specific lords for support. Some candidates:

- Lord Lyman Lychester was in some way allied with the BWB since they came to him to find Beric Dondariians location.

Lychester Banners were seen by Jamie during the siege of Riverrun. What if they were just passing information? The Lychesters could be the link to get the BF in touch with the BWB for support.

In AFFC there is a line where Jamie states that the BF won't come skulking back to Riverrun "Unless it is at the head of a band of outlaws". Is this foreshadowing...?

Also Jamie noted that the Mallister banners were absent from the siege among several others from the Riverlands. Likely this means that these are still loyal to the Tully's and Brynden/Edmure would have noted it as well.

In AFFC there is a line where Jamie states that the BF won't come skulking back to Riverrun "Unless it is at the head of a band of outlaws". Is this foreshadowing...?

I like it!

It would also seem that Un-Cat would prefer to be in her old home, rather than hiding in a cave somewhere.

Well, Jaime and Brienne weren't on best terms when they first met, either.

Jaime and Brienne never knew each other before they were sent on their journey. The Blackfish on the other hand has a history with Jaime and probably feels betrayed by what he did. Also, Jaime didn't attack Brienne's home or capture her nephew.

This is totally off the wall, but it seems that a lot of people pissed off at things in Westeros are attracted to Dany.

Not one shred of support for this notion though.

Was actually thinking the same thing. All the other Westerosi "exiles" went over to Dany, like Tyrion and Selmy, with the eager bachelors like Qyentyn and Vic doing the same thing.

When you have no where else to go, no other person or leader to turn to, nothing left as a defeated nobleperson altogether, another route is to head for that outside ruler - the 'original' heir which gives an excuse that you are making an honourable choice of support, with possible goals, power and security. Then again, it would be a predictable scenerio. We have a lot of Dany-poppers now, and Blackfish would probably be aware that Dany wouldn't like him, as he is affiliated with the Rebellion and the Starks.

----

So, another guess might be for him to go to a Mercenary/outlaw group somewhere. He is obviously a very capable man in the methods of leadership and war, it wouldn't be unlikely.

Or, he will go to Stannis :dunno: Might not be entirely ideal, but they are both fighting against the same enemy, even if they were once enemies prior. BL has practically no family left in his eyes and no home (Said for his missing grand nieces, his sick grand nephew, and in-danger grand baby feotus) no other king to really fight for properly, so what has he got to lose? might as well side with the man who has the same goal as you in ruining the Freys and Lannisters, the very people who tore down what you cared about in the first place and left remaining loved ones in danger. Assuming the alliance was agreed on both ends and it worked out, they would be quite the power duo. Otherwise..... his choices are incredibly limited - Wherever else he goes he would face chaos or have his own life be under high risk.

You know what? I think he is actually the one doing all those "Most Interesting Man in the World" commercials. He isn't secretly plotting any military epicness, he is actually selling Dos Equis. There we go everyone, I figured it out.

I believe they were in Oldtown in Feast for Crows same mentions a girl on a boat with a babe younger then Gilly's boy. Yet they were no description of the mother and even the babes sex was not said and it also spoke of an old man who need help onto boat. and I have a feeling same meets all Jon's siblings Bran Arya why not the nephew too Sansa may even be next or Rickon.

2>Going to vale.

Actually not trusting Littlefinger would be an excellent reason for heading back to the Vale, especially if he knows that Lysa is dead. Little Robert Arryn is his nephew, too. The Blackfish knows the Vale, so he might realize that Littlefinger is misusing his position as Lord Robert's guardian to buy advantages for himself. With Littlefinger pushing for a marriage between Harry the Heir and his "daughter", it should not be that hard to deduce that little Robert is running out of time. And the Vale has been conspicuously absent from the fighting going on in other parts of Westeros, so it might not turn him over to the Lannisters. Lord Robert's great uncle could challenge Littlefinger's hold on Robert and the Vale, and gather support for rescuing Edmure and his family. Without support, there is little he can do for Edmure.

The idea of BF, Jaime and Brienne teaming up is incredibly enticing. :drool: I had thought at one point that BF might head for Greywater to join the rest of the mystery northmen. GW seems like a place he may be able to rally some men. Did we ever get an accurate account of how many men were in RR, who's to say the BF didn't sneak out with a hundred or so picked men??? :dunno: Obviously it would have been more difficult to sneak out a hundred men (+1 queen), but if someone could do it, the BF could. :commie:

He might try to rescue Edmure on the way to Castelry Rock, or maybe he will just spend sometimes in the Riverlands without actually knowing what happens next and then he will rush North as soon as Davos comes back with Rickon.

Both points you made seem really far fetched how can single man recue edmure from a lannister army, and he i think doesn't know that bran and rickon are still alive otherwise he would have been the one who would have gone in their search too.

This is totally off the wall, but it seems that a lot of people pissed off at things in Westeros are attracted to Dany.

Not one shred of support for this notion though.

Really hard to believe he will join danny and if he goes she should accept him as riverun fought on robert's side.

I don't see how that would be a problem. While the BWB has fallen at a moral low point, it was already a band of outlaws before. Many of their members are knighted outlaws, as is the Blackfish himself.

A more serious problem is that he would deal badly with Lady Stoneheart. Or so I hope, anyway.

Do you think so? I don't think it is much of a secret that the BWB is seeking revenge against Freys and Lannisters. Odds are good that the Blackfish knows of that already. Even if he doesn't, it will be easy to find out.

I don't see what the problems would be, though. How is his decision to leave a reason not to return to the Vale? Why must he trust LF in order to seek help from, say, Bronze Yohn Royce?

Agreed.

There are a few. Alliances (secret or otherwise) with the Lords of the Reach, particularly House Tyrell; with Dorne; with the Mountain Clans, even. He may even decide to go to Essos.

I find it far fetched that he joining the brotherhood because main thing is motive if he has jeyne westerling with him the first thing he will want to do is take her to safety which will probably like bear islands as mormonts are loyal to starks and it away in the sea.

Also if he goes in vale i think little finger will definitely have his eyes all over vale lords so even if they don't rat on him someone from their household like a servant will definitely tell it to LF and also he has to travel through the mountains which are haunted by the clans so a single man against the clans seems to be a pretty slim chance.

Regarding Tyrells i think they have pledged their fealty to lannisters so he has no option over there and dorne is with dragons so that is also a slim chance.

Archived