Will any stark die in TWOW?

sumant30

Bran will survive, but as a greenseer and well away from the rest of the world, he might as well be dead.

Rickon seems like he will be coming back, but I have no real thoughts on which way GRRM will take his role. He seems like he will survive the story.

Arya, im convinced, will die before the series ends. She will do plenty of killing and her end will be bittersweet, but I don't see her making it.

Sansa may perish as well, in a similar fashion...bittersweet.

Jon (assuming he isn't completely dead already), will likely be some kind of hero but may also die a hero's death.

IMO, 1 of sansa or arya will survive, bran will survive (kind of), and I think Jon and Rickon both survive unless GRRM ends the series with a bitter twist for JS's fate.

To be totally frank...I am teetering on the edge with respect to the series. If, as one bright light suggested here, all of the Starks with the exception of Bran are killed off and poor Bran is left growing into a tree, I will feel as though I have wasted my time reading the damn book. The thing that drew me to the series to begin with was the human-ness of the characters. There are readers who are all for embracing madness, revelling in a never ending blood bath, where all that counts is the game and where the most corrupt win - The reason so many people who were normally not fantasy fans became "hooked" is precisely because of the deeply human element. Kill off all the Starks and you will have lost the last shred of any moral victory. And incidentally GRRM will have lost me and many, many others. If the series is simply about a headlong rush into madness and exploiting every strange, weird and unexpected plot device simply for being "different", then I throw my hands up in despair.

Woah brah, you made me think of GRRM's writing in a new light.He's said that the ending is going to be bitter sweet.I really think that the ending is going to symbolize the ever moving and changing lands and people of westeros and how as long as theres a-holes who want more power than they have-and treacherous besides-there will always be contention for the throne, which will continue the civil wars of westeros.On that note i firmly at least one more stark is going to die, I mean come on GRRM loves throwing us for a loop and laughs to himself because he knows he'll make people throws thier books in rage for two more books.

Rather than say who will die, who will not? I believe Sansa is the most likely to survive and Bran the second most likely.

Sansa is a survivor saying and doing what is needed to live. Also in the HBO series Tyrion has an side ,which I'm sure is not in the books ,watching Sansa walk out of the hall after being humiliated by Joffrey, he says "She will outlast ( or outlive ?) us all." I take this as telling comment from the writers who know the end. As for Bran he is like Frodo, an unlikely hero who will survive like Frodo but be scared from the ordeal of defeating the others.

Bran will survive, but as a greenseer and well away from the rest of the world, he might as well be dead.

Rickon seems like he will be coming back, but I have no real thoughts on which way GRRM will take his role. He seems like he will survive the story.

Arya, im convinced, will die before the series ends. She will do plenty of killing and her end will be bittersweet, but I don't see her making it.

Sansa may perish as well, in a similar fashion...bittersweet.

Jon (assuming he isn't completely dead already), will likely be some kind of hero but may also die a hero's death.

IMO, 1 of sansa or arya will survive, bran will survive (kind of), and I think Jon and Rickon both survive unless GRRM ends the series with a bitter twist for JS's fate.

The thing is there no arc to rickon's story so it mayb possible that GRRM will possible kill rickon,jon survives and sansa n arya both die and robb's baby is the heir of winterfell with jon being warden of north.

Rather than say who will die, who will not? I believe Sansa is the most likely to survive and Bran the second most likely.

Sansa is a survivor saying and doing what is needed to live. Also in the HBO series Tyrion has an side ,which I'm sure is not in the books ,watching Sansa walk out of the hall after being humiliated by Joffrey, he says "She will outlast ( or outlive ?) us all." I take this as telling comment from the writers who know the end. As for Bran he is like Frodo, an unlikely hero who will survive like Frodo but be scared from the ordeal of defeating the others.

Nice point.

Woah brah, you made me think of GRRM's writing in a new light.He's said that the ending is going to be bitter sweet.I really think that the ending is going to symbolize the ever moving and changing lands and people of westeros and how as long as theres a-holes who want more power than they have-and treacherous besides-there will always be contention for the throne, which will continue the civil wars of westeros.On that note i firmly at least one more stark is going to die, I mean come on GRRM loves throwing us for a loop and laughs to himself because he knows he'll make people throws thier books in rage for two more books.

Most likely he will rickon i guess or he is already dead we don't know.

Catelyn the Undead will be slain by Oathbreaker making it glow with the power of the True Lightbringer...

Jon will survive his stabbings through warging into ghost and back into his body... otherwise what is the point of the whole damn story at the Wall...

Bran is one with the Old Gods and like someone else said... he will outlive anyone

Sansa, Rickon, and Arya are all in danger of being killed right now I think. I too am frustrated in that sometimes I think GrrM just wants to kill a baby sometimes so to speak... let's just scar this little kids face for no reason kind of stuff. That GrrM will kill one or all of the little ones just to shock us and hurt our feelings... sure...yeah.

Whereas Jon and Bran seem like they will "live" because they are sort of unkillable without killing the whole story of the North along with them.

Forgot about UnCat. I think you're right - she won't make it thru the next book. Then again, she's a Tully and therefore a fake Stark (F-ark?) I am kidding about the not a real Stark thing. Either way, Cat is gone, I think.

I should have elaborated more, but I don't think that Jon is dead. If he is dead, it won't be for long and he will come back. Alas, I don't see him alive by the end of the series. He will take one for the greater good, or at least, the lesser evil. I just see him sacrificing himself. Don't know why, but I guess I did ever since I started reading them once Bran got tossed out a window.

I also don't see Arya making it. Most readers love her and so does GRRM. So I think she has to go to add drama and tragedy. Only George knows for sure...

All these "Rickon most likely to survive" comments are funny. If i'm correct, he is currently on Skaagos? Where grown men fear to sail too close b/c the inhabitants litterally eat each other. It doesn't seem like a very safe place.

I think Sansa is currently the in the safest position. The Vale has hardly if at all been affected by the war and fighting going on, and she is the "daughter" of the Lord Protector of the Vale. Littlefinger is too clever to die, and he has a thing for Sansa, so it seems likely he will keep her safe.

In all honesty I hope none of the Starks die. GRRM has slaughtered them enough. Let unCat perish and I'll be content.

All these "Rickon most likely to survive" comments are funny. If i'm correct, he is currently on Skaagos? Where grown men fear to sail too close b/c the inhabitants litterally eat each other. It doesn't seem like a very safe place.

I think Sansa is currently the in the safest position. The Vale has hardly if at all been affected by the war and fighting going on, and she is the "daughter" of the Lord Protector of the Vale. Littlefinger is too clever to die, and he has a thing for Sansa, so it seems likely he will keep her safe.

In all honesty I hope none of the Starks die. GRRM has slaughtered them enough. Let unCat perish and I'll be content.

I think rickon's whole purpose is to become the lord of WF in the end because finally a wild wolf will sit in WF.

I agree completely, I think Rickon is the most likely to die, second to Arya which pains me sooooo much to say because she is my favorite character by far, come on an 11 year old has the highest kill count that's badass, but i feel Rickons lack of a POV and possible existence of Robs son makes Rickon expendable, were not attached, and more importantly we have seen multiple sets of two similarly aged brothers where the wild brother bites the dust. Ned's brother Brandon was the wild one, I know Ned died too but it was 14-15 years later, Doran and Oberyn, Doran is sick as can be yet he still outlived Oberyn because he was wild, Rickon is constantly described as wild and I see him as the counterpart to Brans more calm nature, especially since his unfortunate incident. Robert Baratheon died first, second was Renly, and Stannis is still goin, the calmest of the 3 brothers, and unfortunately thats also why I believe Arya might die and Sansa live.

Archived