The Bastard Of Bolton In TWOW

sumant30

According to me all these theories are going to fail because i think stannis has to join the others in some way, and lead them i think something like that happening is most likely because that was the vision which danny saw in the house of undying.

According to me all these theories are going to fail because i think stannis has to join the others in some way, and lead them i think something like that happening is most likely because that was the vision which danny saw in the house of undying.

Dany saw this?

Where?

She saw a kind with blue eyes and a red sword, yes. We don't know if this king is Stannis, though.

There is some other guy who got a pretty similar dream/vision, seeing himself as a warrior with an armor of ice and a burning sword...

Dany saw this?

Where?

She saw a kind with blue eyes and a red sword, yes. We don't know if this king is Stannis, though.

There is some other guy who got a pretty similar dream/vision, seeing himself as a warrior with an armor of ice and a burning sword...

She saw this in the house of undying and also he cast no shadow, we know that stannis has played with shadows ao i am pretty sure that she saw him.

She saw this in the house of undying and also he cast no shadow, we know that stannis has played with shadows ao i am pretty sure that she saw him.

As I said - she saw a King with blue eyes, a red sword and no shadow. She never said it's Stannis.

There are quite a few men up in the north who qualify for Kings. I can't recall if it is stated in the books whether the Others casts shadows or not. Maybe it is only a quality normal to Others and no shadow-playing involved.

There is a red sword in the vision, but there are some men who would be able to put their hands on one. Stannis is one of them, Jon another. Even Ramsay could qualify - I expect him to don Stannis crown and wield his faked sword if they end up in his hands. He is just sick enough to do this and got various reasons to do so. (Humiliating Stannis, being awesome, being badass and having a good laugh could be some of them - oh and being the cruel bastard that he is, of course.)

No one of these candidates got bright blue eyes, yet. Mister stabbing-attack-victim would have the best chance for that at the moment but if the Others break the wall there would be blue eyes everywhere soon. There are theories that Ramsay is in truth a changeling connected with the Others. So his chances aren't to bad.

However - we don't know. It could be Stannis, yes, but it could be someone else, too. If reading ASOIAF teaches us one thing it is something like: Nothing is for sure and almost no story ends as linear as it possibly could. Prophecies in particular.

There are theories that Ramsay is in truth a changeling connected with the Others. So his chances aren't to bad.

However - we don't know. It could be Stannis, yes, but it could be someone else, too. If reading ASOIAF teaches us one thing it is something like: Nothing is for sure and almost no story ends as linear as it possibly could. Prophecies in particular.

Well, since Ramsey is obviously not an "other changeling" his chances actually are pretty bad... But the thing I really wanted to comment on was that with only 2 books left I feel the plot needs to start getting a little more linear. I mean if certain pieces don't start falling into place soon we'd wind up with Dany/whoever conquering all of Westeros in like 500 pages. Some contenders have to be removed soon. We might see even more characters die then we suspect very early on just to narrow down the POV list. My point is this battle might go either way because its GRRM, but I believe the plot will contain less and less crazy subplots and things which take a long time to resolve now that were down to 2 books.

Here is how I want Ramsay to die:

- Ramsay takes his army to Castle Black, and while the Night's Watch, wildlings, Northmen, and Stannis' men are killing each other, the White Walkers attack.

- Ramsay and a few of his men escape the carnage and are planning to take a ship out of the North when Theon, who at this point is being guided by Bran, appears from the woods.

- Ramsay's men continue heading to the ship and tell Ramsay to leave Reek for the White Walkers, but Ramsay chases Theon into the woods with his pack of hounds instead.

- As the pack closes in on Theon, Ghost emerges and challenges the pack leader. After a fierce battle, the alpha hound submits, and Ghost becomes leader of the pack.

- Ramsay is concerned when he hears one of his hounds yelp in the distance, but drops his guard when his hounds return, dragging Reek's body.

- Once they close in, they attack. The hounds disembowel him while Theon rips off his fingers.

- The last thing Ramsay sees is Ghost standing over him before he rips out his throat.

I think Theon will serve another purpose for the story, but Asha on the other hand.......

So are you saying that Ramsey will meet Asha's "husband"? I think that has the potential to be an awesome scene. As much as he has tormented Theon, Ramsey has mutilated multiple women. It only seems fitting that a woman should be the one to take the bastard of Bolton down.

Well, since Ramsey is obviously not an "other changeling" his chances actually are pretty bad... But the thing I really wanted to comment on was that with only 2 books left I feel the plot needs to start getting a little more linear. I mean if certain pieces don't start falling into place soon we'd wind up with Dany/whoever conquering all of Westeros in like 500 pages. Some contenders have to be removed soon. We might see even more characters die then we suspect very early on just to narrow down the POV list. My point is this battle might go either way because its GRRM, but I believe the plot will contain less and less crazy subplots and things which take a long time to resolve now that were down to 2 books.

Very much hope, that is the case.

So are you saying that Ramsey will meet Asha's "husband"? I think that has the potential to be an awesome scene. As much as he has tormented Theon, Ramsey has mutilated multiple women. It only seems fitting that a woman should be the one to take the bastard of Bolton down.

He being killed by dacey mormont would really be cool.

Here is how I want Ramsay to die:

- Ramsay takes his army to Castle Black, and while the Night's Watch, wildlings, Northmen, and Stannis' men are killing each other, the White Walkers attack.

- Ramsay and a few of his men escape the carnage and are planning to take a ship out of the North when Theon, who at this point is being guided by Bran, appears from the woods.

- Ramsay's men continue heading to the ship and tell Ramsay to leave Reek for the White Walkers, but Ramsay chases Theon into the woods with his pack of hounds instead.

- As the pack closes in on Theon, Ghost emerges and challenges the pack leader. After a fierce battle, the alpha hound submits, and Ghost becomes leader of the pack.

- Ramsay is concerned when he hears one of his hounds yelp in the distance, but drops his guard when his hounds return, dragging Reek's body.

- Once they close in, they attack. The hounds disembowel him while Theon rips off his fingers.

- The last thing Ramsay sees is Ghost standing over him before he rips out his throat.

Voww u really hate the bastard of bolton :P

Well, since Ramsey is obviously not an "other changeling" his chances actually are pretty bad... But the thing I really wanted to comment on was that with only 2 books left I feel the plot needs to start getting a little more linear. I mean if certain pieces don't start falling into place soon we'd wind up with Dany/whoever conquering all of Westeros in like 500 pages. [...] My point is this battle might go either way because its GRRM, but I believe the plot will contain less and less crazy subplots and things which take a long time to resolve now that were down to 2 books.

I agree, that the pieces GRRM spread all of the books have to fall into place in the last two books and that he will have to use less subplots (or we will end up waiting for book 8 and 9). However I believe that GRRM will write some surprising turns. A lot of his pieces are pointing into more directions than one. While GRRM has to settle down for one of these directions (and soon) - it's hard for us to determine which directions he will choose. So saying "That will happen, because XY saw this in a prophecy" while the prophecy itself is rather ambiguous ... That's just no argument which could convince me at this point in the narrative.

We might see even more characters die then we suspect very early on just to narrow down the POV list.

I doubt that GRRM will kill of a character just to narrow down the POV-list, because that would be bad writing and GRRM is better than that. Characters will die, yes, and a lot of them, too. However they won't die because GRRM has to many POV-characters but because their arcs are finished and end in death. These characters will have to die for plot-reasons, too. Like Ned's death they will force the other characters to act and they will speed up the events.

Asha is tough as nails and it would be sweet justice for the little brother she barely knew.

I agree, that the pieces GRRM spread all of the books have to fall into place in the last two books and that he will have to use less subplots (or we will end up waiting for book 8 and 9). However I believe that GRRM will write some surprising turns. A lot of his pieces are pointing into more directions than one. While GRRM has to settle down for one of these directions (and soon) - it's hard for us to determine which directions he will choose. So saying "That will happen, because XY saw this in a prophecy" while the prophecy itself is rather ambiguous ... That's just no argument which could convince me at this point in the narrative.

I doubt that GRRM will kill of a character just to narrow down the POV-list, because that would be bad writing and GRRM is better than that. Characters will die, yes, and a lot of them, too. However they won't die because GRRM has to many POV-characters but because their arcs are finished and end in death. These characters will have to die for plot-reasons, too. Like Ned's death they will force the other characters to act and they will speed up the events.

I did not mean that he would kill them off just for simplicity, just that in order for the story to end on time then in order for the plot to progress people will have to die.

As I said - she saw a King with blue eyes, a red sword and no shadow. She never said it's Stannis.

There are quite a few men up in the north who qualify for Kings. I can't recall if it is stated in the books whether the Others casts shadows or not. Maybe it is only a quality normal to Others and no shadow-playing involved.

There is a red sword in the vision, but there are some men who would be able to put their hands on one. Stannis is one of them, Jon another. Even Ramsay could qualify - I expect him to don Stannis crown and wield his faked sword if they end up in his hands. He is just sick enough to do this and got various reasons to do so. (Humiliating Stannis, being awesome, being badass and having a good laugh could be some of them - oh and being the cruel bastard that he is, of course.)

No one of these candidates got bright blue eyes, yet. Mister stabbing-attack-victim would have the best chance for that at the moment but if the Others break the wall there would be blue eyes everywhere soon. There are theories that Ramsay is in truth a changeling connected with the Others. So his chances aren't to bad.

Stannis is currently the only dark-haired, blue-eyed king wielding a red sword. It's either Stannis or Jon if he comes back with blue wight eyes and the real lightbringer.

Archived