Is Hot Pie overrated as a baker?

Khal Pono

I don't know about you but... When I take newly baked bread out of the oven, there is usually a lot of smoke...

Think about it, the oven Hot Pies mother had was not a self-cleaning modern oven, or even easy to clean like those that we have today. Without a doubt there would be a lot of old food stuff left that burns and gives off an abundance of smoke whenever a new bread is produced. GRRM obviously is aware of this, as he is very knowledgeable.

I don't know about you but... When I take newly baked bread out of the oven, there is usually a lot of smoke...

Think about it, the oven Hot Pies mother had was not a self-cleaning modern oven, or even easy to clean like those that we have today. Without a doubt there would be a lot of old food stuff left that burns and gives off an abundance of smoke whenever a new bread is produced. GRRM obviously is aware of this, as he is very knowledgeable.

And there is usually salt in a bakery. All the other clues are Red Herons, AA is really Hot Pie, once he stabs his favorite pie he will have Lightbringer

And there is usually salt in a bakery. All the other clues are Red Herons, AA is really Hot Pie, once he stabs his favorite pie he will have Lightbringer

Aye, that was on my mind after reading the posts above. Indeed, there would have been both salt and smoke at the house of Hot Pie's birth.

We don't know how the Others react to pies, pastry, nor bread, but we have no evidence they can stand against it. We do know however that the Other do not like warmth, so we can assume they don't like freshly baked, warm from the oven, baked stuff.

A close, impartial reading of the text reveals in no uncertain terms, to the dismay and chagrin of Hot Pie's fanboys everywhere, that our fat young friend's wares are not the pies that were promised.

Well, did anyone ever note his pies as being cold? Otherwise they would be exactly what he promised.

Aye, that was on my mind after reading the posts above. Indeed, there would have been both salt and smoke at the house of Hot Pie's birth.

We don't know how the Others react to pies, pastry, nor bread, but we have no evidence they can stand against it. We do know however that the Other do not like warmth, so we can assume they don't like freshly baked, warm from the oven, baked stuff.

He wields an old Valyrian recipe for lemoncakes, called Light Batter.

Seriously though, I wouldn't be surprised if Hot Pie is a secret descendant of Bloodraven and Shiera Seastar.

I've done some research into the etymology of the word 'pie', and have discovered that 'In the Middle Ages, a pie had many ingredients, a pastry but one'. What is this if not a hint that Hot Pie is made of more 'ingredients' (codeword for Targs, obv.) than he appears to be?

He wields an old Valyrian recipe for lemoncakes, called Light Batter.

Wow, this made me think. There are indeed heavy cakes and there are light cakes. Will Hot Pie be the bringer of light products to Westeros? No more dripping of bacon grease? No more lord "too fat to sit a horse"? Will he save Westeros from heart problems?

Will he sacrifice his love for fatty food, for the greater purpose?

First they came for the Syrio-is-alive theroists

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Syrio-is-Trant theorist.

Then they came for the Joffrey-warged-Ser-Pounce believers,

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't Joffrey's-a-warg believer .

Then they came for the Aegon-is-false supporters

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Faegon supporter.

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

This ends now. I won't stand idle while someone is making this wild, unsupported, and fabricated claims against Hot Pie.

Hot Pie is the best baker, yes. It is known. What is often neglected when discussing his mastery of the pastry is that his one true bane is making cold desserts. If it's not hot, he just doesn't put much effort into it. Also he lied about kicking a boy to death so who knows, he may also have lied about the quality of his cooking. That sugar free pie all of a sudden doesn't look as good when you can't help but think it has high fructose corn syrup!

Archived