The thread for small questions, version XXI

Stubby

Couldn't Mikken have had some young apprentice around?

We can make up as many characters as we want. GRRM certainly does. However they dont usually pop up out of thin air.

Perhaps he got someone from the city. I sort of forgot the city was there

Stop messing with my efforts to get benjen into Winterfell!!! :devil:

<sigh>

do you know whereabouts in the books this part is? SoS obviously

did sansa leave the hairnet behind or keep it, and wwhere in the book is that decision.... i'm a bit hazy and cant find it

Thanks, BTW!

It's in the chapter Sixty-One where she meets with Dontos in the godswood.

"Black amethysts from Asshai. One of them was missing. Sansa lifted the net for a closer look. There was a dark smudge in the silver socket where the stone had fallen out. A sudden terror filled her." Storm, p. 783 of my e-edition.

"She heard a faint rustle of leaves, and stuffed the silver hair net down deep in the pocket of her cloak." same page.

Did the Targs foster out their young princes like the other highborn families did?

The only examples I can think of are contradictory. Egg gets his father's approval to go off with Dunk, a kind of fostering/squiring. At that time Egg was so far down the succession as to be not of consequence.

Rhaegar seems to have been kept at KL and trained there. He trained at KL and others of high birth were brought to train with him, namely JonCon. In his case, he was the crown prince, first in line of succession.

Likely it depended on the number of princes, line/order of succession, and general rebellion temper of Westeros at the time.

I'm sure I read a premonition that Jon would be wearing ice-armour..... can anyone verify this, or was it just a dream?

He has a dream I believe early in Dance but I don't have the book on me. He dreams that he is on top of the wall with armour made of ice, his sword is on fire and he is hacking dead men as they climb towards him. Something to that extent. The faces he sees are familiar to him

thanks greynal!!!! so many post get lost i have to paste them parts at a time to avoid the blackhole of time frame . So annoying.

though i didnt understand the heresy, just any words that came to your head or meaning?

All right, if you dont like that, where did the new smith come from? Theon cant get anyone else to come to Winterfell and there isnt a huge demand for smith work that I can tell. (Maybe he should have made the crown himself so this wouldnt be bugging me.)

Now this is only a guess, but if I were the Boltons going hundreds of miles, to a castle with nobody in it, with hundred or so people, in winter, I would bring my own Smith.

why a dragonbone dagger hilt? the dragonbone is flexible and good for bows but why a dagger hilt?

Dragonbone is stiffer than other bow material (therefore longer range) Also, like humans, some bones may be more flexible than others. Also it is short making any bending small. I guess.

Now this is only a guess, but if I were the Boltons going hundreds of miles, to a castle with nobody in it, with hundred or so people, in winter, I would bring my own Smith.

Boltons? I am referring to Theon before he was defeated. The new smith made his crappy crown.

No, he doesn't have the blood of the First Men, and he doesn't associate with any animals we know of. There is no textual evidence to support it.

Youre making a big assumption that only blood of first men can warg. We still dont know what sapphires, emeralds and amethysts do yet, and we know rubies can cloak.

So at the moment we dont think anyone apart from first men can warg, but out understanding is still fairly limited with regards to magic.

I am having a really hard time picturing the royal fleets warships in my head. The Fury or King Roberts hammer were supposed to be three or four decks with catapults on either end or something to like that.

Could someone post a link to some art that resembles these kinds of ships, please?

Archived