The thread for small questions, version XXI

Stubby

Ineed to know who this fat guy is.... its at Harrenhall when arya is there looking around....

No one ransomed the northmen, though. One fat lordling haunted the kitchens, Hot Pie told her, always looking for a morsel. His mustache was so bushy that it covered his mouth, and the clasp that held his cloak was a silver-and-sapphire trident. He belonged to Lord Tywin, but the fierce, bearded young man who liked to walk the battlements alone in a black cloak patterned with white suns had been taken by some hedge knight who meant to get rich off him. Sansa would have known who he was, and the fat one too, but Arya had never taken much interest in titles and sigils.

Its the person with the silver -sappire trident i need to know. Is it a Manderley???

Thanks in advance!

EDIT - WYLIS MANDERLY?

yeah

When Dany is given to drogo, and viscerys wants to take her maiden head....

can we be SURE that she was a virgin at that point. Is there reference to her bleeding in the first sex, or ANY indication you can think of that she might not have been a virgin - even to the extent that Dany thinks shes a maiden herself but might not know shes not.?

Does she describe the pain you'd expect a 12 y.o. girl losing her virginity to Drogo?

Its for something i'm working on, i dont have the first 2 books with me!

Thansks!

Well, I dunno if I'm giving the right answer here ... but it is assumed Dany is a virgin. In the books, she's only 13 when she's given to Drogo. Viserys did make a comment prior to presenting Dany to Drogo in questioning whether Drogo will like her (because she's so young) but Ilyrio assures him it'll be fine since Dany is a young girl that's already flowered (meaning she's already begun having her moonblood).

Concerning when a woman has sex for the first time, and I'm basing this on modern knowledge, is that not all maids will bleed the first time when penetrated.

Do we know for sure that Rhaella died giving birth to Dany? Any suspiciions that she may still be alive?

She's dead. There is nothing to hint that she may be still alive. If she was alive she would have gone with Ser Willem Darry to Braavos and raised her children.

Any suspicions Greywind/Robb may have survived?

There have been no theories about that. He was stabbed through the heart, so there isn't much chance of him surviving that. I guess he could have warged into Grey Wind, but the Freys said they killed him too.

Sure, the Freys aren't people I'd believe, but why would they spare a giant direwolf?

I know, I know, dare to dream big. I dunno, it just all seems so . . Sacking Of Winterfell again. I came across a passage, that I thought was interesting, though even Greywind probably isn't strong enough to handle the onslaught. Yes, we hear tales of Greywind and Robb exchanging heads, and yeah, it was prophesized all over the place, but a head is a head, and ANY head will do. Sides, you reckon the Frey's will allow that they "Lost" Stark and his Direwolf, when they were surrounded? NOPE! *Laughs* I know impossible that they should escape, but man, wouldn't that be something. Would also save Jamie, since Cat wants Robb alive, or Jamie dead *Grins* i'll leave y'all with the following quote that probably means a whole heap of . . NOTHING!

"Whalen demanded his sword and he gave it over meek enough, but when the crossbowmen began feathering the wolf he seized Whalen's axe and CUT THE MONSTER LOSE of the net they'd thrown over him. Whalen says he took a quarrel in his shoulder and another in his gut, but still managed to reach the wallwalk and threw himself into the river." "He left a trail of blood on the steps," said Edwyn. "Did you find the corpse afterward?" asked Jamie. "We found a thousand corpses afterward. Once they've spent a few days in the river they all look much the same."

I just find it strange Greywind was released, and all we hear about them is they switched heads. Yet with Cat we get Nymeria pulling her free, and the Frey buggers tossing her naked into the river. Where was R/GW strung up? Or paraded about? Why treat them so disgustingly, yet turf Cat? Could say, Robb wounded the Frey's pride more than Cat, but still. Makes a gal wonder. Hhmm, guess I just answered my own Q *Grins*

Once they had been six, five whimpering blind in the snow beside their dead mother, sucking cool milk from her hard dead nipples whilst he crawled off alone. Four remained . . and one the white wolf could not sense.

*Tear* I think that's the sword in the belly right there :( Oh wretched happenstance :(

When they find the direwolves in the beginning - does Ned Stark say that it's unlikely for direwolves to have come that far south for this particular time of the year, or that they haven't been seen in many years?

I think Ned remarks that there has not been a Direwolf sighting south of the wall for nearly two hundred years,I may recall wrongly as I do not have a refference at hand,but I think that is correct.

I think Ned remarks that there has not been a Direwolf sighting south of the wall for nearly two hundred years,I may recall wrongly as I do not have a refference at hand,but I think that is correct.

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. I hope that's right, for it will fulfill a personal assumption of mine for something larger :)

I thought I remembered reading something in the books where Lyanna tells Ned something like 'Robert would never be faithful'...

Am i just making this up, or did it happen? If it did, can someone tell me where?

Thanks

It did happen, some memories in AGOT I think, not 100% sure though

So this might be the wrong thread, but have a ? re:R+L=J theory (which i have believed for years, i just post on this board when i do a reread which is right now.)

My ? is, what is the logic behind Lyanna running off with a married man & having his bastard? There is no "honor" in that. Is the idea that somehow Rhaegar would marry her too? If Lyanna didnt like Robert's infidelity, why would she accept wife #1? Furthermore, she couldn't be Queen, i don't think Lyanna would be OK with being #2 in status, or a kept concubine. I don't think they have divorce in Westeros? I know Jorah's wife left him, but she became a literal concubine, she didnt remarry.

If appropriate, I can repost instead in the R+L= J thread. Just let me know...

So this might be the wrong thread, but have a ? re:R+L=J theory (which i have believed for years, i just post on this board when i do a reread which is right now.)

My ? is, what is the logic behind Lyanna running off with a married man & having his bastard? There is no "honor" in that. Is the idea that somehow Rhaegar would marry her too? If Lyanna didnt like Robert's infidelity, why would she accept wife #1? Furthermore, she couldn't be Queen, i don't think Lyanna would be OK with being #2 in status, or a kept concubine. I don't think they have divorce in Westeros? I know Jorah's wife left him, but she became a literal concubine, she didnt remarry.

Yes, that's widely discussed in R+L threads, but I will try to give you a short answer here. Yes, they married somehow. First, Targs have a history of several wives at the same time, and second - they might have married infront of a weirwood three, according to North traditions.

They were in love, Rhaegar was also trying to fulfill a prophecy, then we have Elia - they don't love each other with Rhaegar, and she can't have anymore children. The strongest evidence that they were in fact married, is that the three best KG were at the Tower of Joy - if they weren't married, then they wouldn't have to be there, for Jon would be a bastard and therefore - no heir to the throne.

One of the running themes in the series is that Love will ruin a person playing the GAme of Thrones.

Archived