Haggon's warg 'rules' (****ADwD spoilers****)

138FiendGirl138

In all honesty, warging as a concept is pretty distasteful, even to animals you are still mind raping them and you cannot get their concent. Haggon says that the animal and people change after warging, which suggests you do something to their minds, which is not neccessarily good for them. It would be useful to have more information first though.

In all honesty, warging as a concept is pretty distasteful, even to animals you are still mind raping them and you cannot get their concent. Haggon says that the animal and people change after warging, which suggests you do something to their minds, which is not neccessarily good for them. It would be useful to have more information first though.

Varamyr basically mindraped his animals, and they hated him in return.

I never had the feeling that Ghost didn't like Jon warging him. They truly "became one". Same with Bran+Summer, Arya+Nym, Arya +cat. Not so sure about Bran + raven.

I don't think likening warging to rape is helpful. One is fictional, one is all too real, and I'd be surprised if anyone who had suffered the latter found the comparison useful.

Varamyr basically mindraped his animals, and they hated him in return.

I never had the feeling that Ghost didn't like Jon warging him. They truly "became one". Same with Bran+Summer, Arya+Nym, Arya +cat. Not so sure about Bran + raven.

Agree with this. It seems to work better with wolves than any other animals.

As for Hodor ... there are references to warging 'working both ways'. It may be that it will ultimately be beneficial for him: that Bran's presence will ultimately unlock some of Hodor's mental capacity.

People seem to think Varamyr Sixskins was an evil bastard because he broke the rules, when there's actually no causal relationship there at all. Rather, I'd say he broke the rules out of spite because he's an evil bastard.

I think this is why Haggon had so many rules. We know Varamyr's older brother was killed by a dog, and when his father was killing the dogs that's when he found out that Varamyr was warg. Haggon suspecting that he killed his brother was probably being super strict knowing that he has a potential lunatic on his hands.

I don't think likening warging to rape is helpful. One is fictional, one is all too real, and I'd be surprised if anyone who had suffered the latter found the comparison useful.

Agree with this. It seems to work better with wolves than any other animals.

As for Hodor ... there are references to warging 'working both ways'. It may be that it will ultimately be beneficial for him: that Bran's presence will ultimately unlock some of Hodor's mental capacity.

I hope this is not the case, to me the idea of Warging seems to suggest suppression of someone's mind. As the mind tries to fight back, it would suggest to me that warging would more easily make someone more Hodorlike, as you break the mind's defences. Similar experiences in real life usually damage, not enhance the mind.

Archived