Resume for role of Quentyn Martell- Anyone think I have a shot?

Khal Drogo's Mighty Thighs

I’m a huge fan of the books and the HBO Tv Series. I’ve always dreamed of acting professionally, so, naturally, I dreamed of how wonderful it would be to act amongst the other child actors of Game of Thrones. As I read the series, I found the young character of Quentyn Martell to be absolutely fascinating. I was gripped by his story arch, to the extent that I even reread his chapters a few times after reading them, and extensively studied his character. He’s a young boy of 17 (as I am), he has black hair, brown eyes, is tanned from his desert home, and is short and stocky for his age (also as I am). I suit the physical description of Quentyn, unless the show's directors want something different in the actor.

I can empathise with Quentyn. I’ve always tried to do my father proud, to gain his respect, make him see my worth. I’ve also always been small for age, and I read a great deal. Quentyn is a boy, trying to impress warlords, queens, warriors, and dragons. He is one of my favourite characters, and I would be honoured to play him. Does anyone think that I could? Naturally, I’ve chosen to remain anonymous, as I fear ridicule, and that I might not be worthy of what I strive for.... Much as Quentyn Martell felt. Just sayin’.

I have an agent in London who’s in touch with all the HBO auditions and procedures etc. If anyone thinks I don’t have a chance, then that’s fine, and I understand. I know it’s a fiercely competitive business, and, perhaps, there will always be someone better suited for the part. I just wanted an objective opinion on this, and the people on this forum seemed like they were the best people to go to for that, what with their dedication to the series and the fact that many of them appreciate the show in a critical aspect and enjoy the acting especially. Does anyone think I might ever have any chance? Please, be constructive. Thank you, here is a link for my resume, including a picture of me-

https://docs.google....VLLC-ehP-A/edit

Very good! And with the riding, archery, etc. that's a big plus! Quentyn doesn't do much of those things that I can remember, but you seem to have a lotrod the right skills for GoT. And even if not Quentyn, there are other characters...

Hope you get it, good luck! :)

Thanks man, that's reall nice of you to say! I do have acting experience, more than Maisie Williams (Arya), Sophie Turner (Sansa), or Isaac Hempstead-Wright (Bran) did when they auditioned, so I hope I actually have a (small) chance. Worth trying isn't it? Thanks for the encouragement, was really nice of you- did I mention that already? :)

You're welcome, I meant everything I said. You're also a good-looking kid, and I imagine that helps in this business. If that's what you want, you have an obligation to go for it! :)

I don't think I'm that good-looking, if I'm honest. Certainly, not compared to some of the show's actors. But Quentyn is not meant to be a good-looking kid, which helps. But man, the praise is awesome, thank you so much (again). I want to repay the compliment, er, Women are Coming for you.

good luck, you sound and look perfect for the role!

Thank you so much! You don't know how encouraging that is. As for getting into contact with the people in charge of casting- it's a work in progress. Obviously, GOT auditions in London are a big thing, so my agent is involved and knows about what's happening with that etc. I just want to see if other people think I'm wasting my time, and become motivated if they don't. Thank you, it's really good of you to say. What specifically seemed "perfect" to you? I just want to know my strengths/weaknesses etc.

Quentyn reminds me of Pete "Deadmeat" Thompson.

And the classic quote from Hotshots by Lloyd Bridges character:

"Pete 'Dead Meat' Thompson is dead. So is Mo Green, Tataglia, Barzini, the heads of all the five families. It is at moments like these, my dear friends, that we must ask ourselves: "How can this not be part of some larger plan?" Do good men like Dead Meat Thompson just blink out one day like a bad bulb? I mean, one minute you're in bed with a knockout gal... or guy, and the next, you're a compost heap. Doesn't that bother any of you? Because it scares the living piss outta me! "

Quentyn reminds me of Pete "Deadmeat" Thompson.

And the classic quote from Hotshots by Lloyd Bridges character:

"Pete 'Dead Meat' Thompson is dead. So is Mo Green, Tataglia, Barzini, the heads of all the five families. It is at moments like these, my dear friends, that we must ask ourselves: "How can this not be part of some larger plan?" Do good men like Dead Meat Thompson just blink out one day like a bad bulb? I mean, one minute you're in bed with a knockout gal... or guy, and the next, you're a compost heap. Doesn't that bother any of you? Because it scares the living piss outta me! "

What does Pete 'Dead Meat' Thompson have in common with Quentyn?

What does Pete 'Dead Meat' Thompson have in common with Quentyn?

For me, in retrospect, he was doomed to a bad end. It wasn't obvious while unfolding, but given the circumstances in was doomed to a bad end. Just my opinion, YMMV

For me, in retrospect, he was doomed to a bad end. It wasn't obvious while unfolding, but given the circumstances in was doomed to a bad end. Just my opinion, YMMV

Yeah, I see what you mean. Quentyn's a sort of tragic hero, doomed for failure from the start. You think I have a chance if I go for the auditions?

Yeah, I see what you mean. Quentyn's a sort of tragic hero, doomed for failure from the start. You think I have a chance if I go for the auditions?

Quentyn was like a minor version of Ned going to Kings Landing

....Do you think I'll be like a minor version of Ned going to King's Landing if I go to the audition for Quentyn Martell?

Maybe more like Tyrion's debut in the fighting pits. Watch out for the lions at the end.

Archived