Fantasy Football - English version 3.0

Teng Ai Hui

Cool, I just used my username from here, it did me well in the euros fantasy football :-) Pogrebynak got a goal, yay :-)

Had him on the bench :(

But I had Torres as captain so that's good.

What's not good is the fact I picked Mata over Hazard...and Hazard's got 5 assists already.

And does someone want to explain how the bonus points are working this season? I thought it was the usual 3, 2, 1 for the 3 best players on the pitch but for example from the Sunderland-Arsenal game, McClean got 3 points and 3 different Arsenal players got 2 points. That has to be wrong. McClean had a shit game anyway, and players like Cazorla, Cuellar, Richardson, Cattermole, Arteta, Gervinho who actually played well got nothing.

And a quick glance shows 4 Newcastle players got bonus points too. I don't like it.

This is what it has to say about bonus points...

Bonus Points

The three best performing players in each match according to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index will receive additional bonus points. 3 points will be awarded to the highest scoring player, 2 to the second best and 1 to the third.

Bonus points will be awarded on the Monday morning after the weekend matches are played. Any matches played on a weekday night will be awarded on the following morning.

Examples of how bonus point ties will be resolved are as follows:

• If there is a tie for first place, Players 1 & 2 will receive 3 points each and Player 3 will receive 1 point.
  • If there is a tie for second place, Player 1 will receive 3 points and Players 2 and 3 will receive 2 points each.
  • If there is a tie for third place, Player 1 will receive 3 points, Player 2 will receive 2 points and Players 3 & 4 will receive 1 point each.

This is what it has to say about bonus points...

Bonus Points

The three best performing players in each match according to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index will receive additional bonus points. 3 points will be awarded to the highest scoring player, 2 to the second best and 1 to the third.

Bonus points will be awarded on the Monday morning after the weekend matches are played. Any matches played on a weekday night will be awarded on the following morning.

Examples of how bonus point ties will be resolved are as follows:

• If there is a tie for first place, Players 1 & 2 will receive 3 points each and Player 3 will receive 1 point.
  • If there is a tie for second place, Player 1 will receive 3 points and Players 2 and 3 will receive 2 points each.
  • If there is a tie for third place, Player 1 will receive 3 points, Player 2 will receive 2 points and Players 3 & 4 will receive 1 point each.

That would seem to be the same as last season.

There's definitely an error in the calculations that are out at the moment.

arsenal vs sunderland bonus points:

McClean (SUN) got 3 points

Vermaelen, Jenkinson and Diaby (ARS) got 2 points each

it's clear as day, what's not to understand?

arsenal players were tied for second place, there was 3 of them so all of them got 2 points.

since the next best ranked player would be ranked #5 no player got 1 point.

the same goes for newcastle vs tottenham

Ben Arfa and Ba got 3 points, so Simpson and Gutierrez were tied for third and won 1 point each

arsenal vs sunderland bonus points:

McClean (SUN) got 3 points

Vermaelen, Jenkinson and Diaby (ARS) got 2 points each

it's clear as day, what's not to understand?

arsenal players were tied for second place, there was 3 of them so all of them got 2 points.

since the next best ranked player would be ranked #5 no player got 1 point.

the same goes for newcastle vs tottenham

Ben Arfa and Ba got 3 points, so Simpson and Gutierrez were tied for third and won 1 point each

Oh...do you have a link to that EA performance thing?

Because that is a load of shit...McClean had one of his worst games in a Sunderland jersey and he somehow gets the top bonus?? And Jenkinson over Cazorla?

I don't really get the new bonus system. The old one was completely arbitrary because they were alloted by the Press Association. However, I actually found the old system pretty predictable. Bonus went to goal scorers and certain players who were bonus magnets such as Lampard, Gerrard, etc.

I don't really get the new bonus system. The old one was completely arbitrary because they were alloted by the Press Association. However, I actually found the old system pretty predictable. Bonus went to goal scorers and certain players who were bonus magnets such as Lampard, Gerrard, etc.

Yeah...but at least most of the time it went to people who played well.

This is an absolute joke.

Oh...do you have a link to that EA performance thing?

Because that is a load of shit...McClean had one of his worst games in a Sunderland jersey and he somehow gets the top bonus?? And Jenkinson over Cazorla?

can't say i understand how those performance points are calculated.

most probably it's some system similar to the one used for basketball.

that one takes into account what you did right (rebounds, assists, points, etc) but also things you did wrong (low field goal percentage, turnovers etc.) would reduce your performance index.

Here is a song I have composed in honour of my captain for today.

"Please to Michu, hope you guessed my name. Ah whats puzzling you is the, nature of my game, oh yeah"

Any resemblance to existing songs is purely coincidental...

I like it :D

I got in Michu but my captain is Kagawa.....but my songwriting ability is letting me down at the moment....

I'm off to a solid start this season. It's far better than last year when I didn't have Rooney while he banged in hat tricks the first few games. I feel like everyone's teams are already homogenizing around Tevez/Michu/RVP or some variant.

Archived