Fantasy Football - English version 3.0

Teng Ai Hui

would've been better if i went with giroud as captain, but can't complain about hazard's performance :)

still weighing should i use wildcard now or leave it for later.

You might pick a team for the glut of holiday fixtures, then you'll have the January wildcard to follow. If you wait much longer now, you'll end up holding it until after January.

Happy with my progress so far. Gone from 3 places from the bottom to the top half of the table, both in total points scored and seemingly scoring above average for our league most weeks. Looking to break into the European places shortly after New Year. Will be happy with that my first season in the westeros league.

Jumped a couple more places this week thanks to Captain Aguero, 7th place and nicely placed to make a challenge for the top 4 in the second half of the season.

After an exciting start I'm starting to question the value for money of Özil though, over £10 million is a big chunk of the budget.

Hmm....

I've not kept up well in the all-important games from say week 7. I see I'm comfortably mid-table.

Which is as expected. Happy with the decision to bench Boruc for Sczesny (no-one spells that right, so I'm not going to bother looking it up.. :P )

After an exciting start I'm starting to question the value for money of Özil though, over £10 million is a big chunk of the budget.

Agreed. Ozil comes across as a bit of a red herring as far as fantasy football is concerned.

Haha, never going to happen!! Also, Kompany will be back on Saturday so you might have to bench Demichelis again...

Don't forget everyone that there are two "game weeks" in the next 7 days so two transfers etc

i've used my wildcard.

changed 7 players so far.

changed my entire forward line as well as two midfielders and two defenders.

let's see how far that'll take me.

with my luck, 5 out of those 7 new players will get injured in the next week or two.

A par score of 54 this week for me, Captain Aguero let me down for once this week, Ramsay Zabaleta and Yaya saved me though. Özil has just kept his place in my team thanks to 2 assists.

Sturridge out now for 6-8 weeks so drafted in Remy as replacement, Rooney was out of price range.

aguero, suarez and rooney were my first thoughts for replacing sturridge, but were out of my price range.

i had sturridge, lambert and giroud up front and replaced them all with remy, lukaku and rodriguez.

i know rodriguez is not quite at the same level but at under 6M he's a bargain as a third striker.

i'll be switching to 4-4-2 from now on, my team looking like this.

-----------------jääskeläinen-------------------

-ivanovic-jagielka--mertesacker-dawson-

------gerrard--hazard--ramsey--toure------

---------------remy--------lukaku--------------

subs: vorm, rodriguez, n'zonzi, vlaar

as you can see, my subs are on the cheap side, but are playing regularly for their teams and are getting decent results (though i did pick n'zonzi mainly because of his 4.8M price tag and playing every minute of the season so far)

this team looks great at the moment (for example, all 4 starting midfielders are in the season's dream team as well as jagielka), so i'll just have to wait and see how they actually perform.

@baxus : That is an impressive midfield line-up

i already had gerrard, hazard and ramsey so it wasn't that big of a change.

still, it did take quite a bit of tinkering elsewhere to get the finances to get this team.

hopefully, from now on my season will get better ;)

Haha, never going to happen!! Also, Kompany will be back on Saturday so you might have to bench Demichelis again...

Don't forget everyone that there are two "game weeks" in the next 7 days so two transfers etc

Did well enough though, had 2 city defenders and fortunately Walker was in my starting line up and not benched. Only thing that screwed up the 5 clean sheets was WBA conceding against Newcastle.

I've taken out Suarez for Rooney. Felt filthy for having either of those in my team.

Archived