New GRRM interview

Two Towers

[

The weirwood was the heart of Winterfell, Lord Eddard always said . . . but to save the castle Jon would have to tear that heart up by its ancient root, and feed it to the red woman's hungry fire god. I have no right, he thought, Winterfell belongs to the old gods.

Does this mean Jon Snow has a blood of Targaryen (fire and blood)?

[

(

thats what I meant, "Aegon" is fake. Why? his sister had dark hair, he does not.

Of course if you are fake and wants to be authentic in the eyes of many, isn't it true that you have to make yourself looks like one of them. The mastermind will look for someone who will look like one.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.asshai.co...ista_aviles.php

Full interview! Interesting bits about differences between the show and the books,Fist of First Men.

Hi =)

I think this it my first post here... I'm the one who interviewed Martin in Avilés for Asshai.com, and also I wrote an article you can read here: http://www.asshai.com/colaboraciones/articulos/galad/martin_me_ha_regalado_el_viento.php

I know, it's in Spanish, but if you have doubts, I could try to help you.

Thank you for reading, I'm glad you enjoyed the interview =)

Well, I met George back in 2008, the second time he came to Spain. I was shocked that time, he and Parris are really close and lovely! This year he was more tired than the last time, and a little bit more elusive with the fans, because of the success of the series (he was really overwhelmed sometimes in Avilés). Nevertheless, he and Parris recognized some of the Asshai'i people from 2008 and they was so nice and friendly with us... It was really touching. They are amazing people =)

In the report I wrote about him and how he behave with his fans. You should try to read it, and if you have a problem with some tricky words, I could help you =)

How does it destroy the theory? All it means is that he wasn't around when the promise was made. Ned could have told him later or any one of many other possibilities.

Or he could have figured it out for himself. If the theory is that Lyanna gave birth to Jon then she made Ned promise that he would protect the child from Robert, then Howland didn't really had to be there. If Ned emerged from the ToJ with the dead body of his sister and a baby, well ...

• 2 weeks later...

[

The weirwood was the heart of Winterfell, Lord Eddard always said . . . but to save the castle Jon would have to tear that heart up by its ancient root, and feed it to the red woman's hungry fire god. I have no right, he thought, Winterfell belongs to the old gods.

Does this mean Jon Snow has a blood of Targaryen (fire and blood)?

[

(

No it means that he has Stark blood

• 1 month later...

Hey!

(Can't be hassled to read all 12 pages, read through first 3 and no one mentioned it by then)

Anyone else feel this strongly implies that at least Lyanna is Jon's mother (well... at least implies that she had a kid):

"It's true that in recent times, the Starks have become quite scarce. There's not many of them in the present generatons. Some may say it's because Ned's siblings died. Brandon died before he had sons, and Lyanna is also dead, and Benjen joined the Night's Watch which means he doesn't have descendants either."

He says, "Brandon died before he had sons", "Benjen doesn't have descendants either", while it just says "Lyanna is dead".

Hey!

(Can't be hassled to read all 12 pages, read through first 3 and no one mentioned it by then)

Anyone else feel this strongly implies that at least Lyanna is Jon's mother (well... at least implies that she had a kid):

"It's true that in recent times, the Starks have become quite scarce. There's not many of them in the present generatons. Some may say it's because Ned's siblings died. Brandon died before he had sons, and Lyanna is also dead, and Benjen joined the Night's Watch which means he doesn't have descendants either."

He says, "Brandon died before he had sons", "Benjen doesn't have descendants either", while it just says "Lyanna is dead".

What he didn't say is more important than what he did say :leer: .

• 5 weeks later...

I think that there is proof of Jon's parentage within the Statue of Lyanna Stark in the tomb. The sword (if it exists physically) is in that statue. Barring that, there is some evidence either in that statue, or in the tomb that will clinch his heritage. It would be cool if he was so mad after hearing who he was that he went down there, distraught, found Lyanna's statue, and busted it up, only to find the hilt of a sword in it. Pulling it out, it illuminates the entire crypt, and he wheels slowly in a circle as it illuminates all of the Stark Lords and their direwolves. Jon has a mega-epiphany.

I think that there is proof of Jon's parentage within the Statue of Lyanna Stark in the tomb. The sword (if it exists physically) is in that statue. Barring that, there is some evidence either in that statue, or in the tomb that will clinch his heritage. It would be cool if he was so mad after hearing who he was that he went down there, distraught, found Lyanna's statue, and busted it up, only to find the hilt of a sword in it. Pulling it out, it illuminates the entire crypt, and he wheels slowly in a circle as it illuminates all of the Stark Lords and their direwolves. Jon has a mega-epiphany.

i agree that there is something in lyanna's tomb. that's why jon dreams of the crypts. i imagine he will go there after he "revives".

• 7 months later...

How will anyone believe that Jon is Rhaegar's son?

GRRM has said that we will learn who Jon's parents are. Howland Reed can't truly confirm. That means the information will need to come from either something in the crypt meaning Jon lives, or bran through the weirwood trees.

This interview is awesome!

A lot of fans take for granted that the events of ToJ occured as described. But GRRM has said before that it was a fever dream, like the ones Jaime had. And Howland not being a witness to Ned's promise - makes me wonder if the KG at ToJ and Lyanna dying happened simultaneously.

GRRM has said that we will learn who Jon's parents are. Howland Reed can't truly confirm. That means the information will need to come from either something in the crypt meaning Jon lives, or bran through the weirwood trees.

It won't mean shit if it comes from Bran. Hell, I don't ven think it means anything to anyone no matter whose mouths it comes out of. Power resides where men believes it resides and at this point in the game it's too late for Jon Snow to lay his claims with any type of support. Better to be a (f)Aegon than a Snow.

• 1 month later...

The Howland bit will destroy many a theory. I like that

Yeah unless Ned actually told him about R+L=J then I don't see how HR would know. And I don't see Eddard telling him as that wouldn't be keeping the secret and we all know how honorable he is. My confidence in R+L=J has been severely shaken.

Yeah unless Ned actually told him about R+L=J then I don't see how HR would know. And I don't see Eddard telling him as that wouldn't be keeping the secret and we all know how honorable he is. My confidence in R+L=J has been severely shaken.

Oh okay, he would see Eddard leaving the TOJ with a newborn baby and wouldn't suspect nor ask him anything about it...

Archived