Tyrion And His Father (End Of Book Tyrion Spoilers!)

Azureguy

So I recently finished A Storm Of Swords, and after reading Tyrion's last chapter I definitely had a WTF moment. Honestly I don't think Tyrion Should have killed Tywin, because..

1.) Although we know his innocence, you can see why everyone would jump to the conclusion that Tyrion killed Joffrey. Tyrion was making fun of him, was getting yelled at, and basically insulted Joffrey moments before he died. We know his innocence, but you can't blame anyone for thinking it was him, honestly.

2.) Tywin was going to let him take the black. We all know Tywin wasn't the best father, but it's not like he was going to kill his son. Even if this isn't enough reason for you, Then how about the situation in which Tyrion killed his father. Varys and Jaime had already freed him and given him passage to escape, he was home free. Why kill Tywin?

Was it just blind rage over Tysha? In which case, is it Jaime's fault?

Also, Was Tywin sleeping with Shae? If so, that seems out of character. Considering Tywin has always been distraught and unhappy since his wife's death.

Care to elaborate? Why would he have died shortly after?

A number of people believe that Tywin had been poisoned by Oberyn Martell while he was at dinner with him, specifically with Widow's Blood, the one which Pycelle mentions shuts down the bladder and bowels, which is why Tyrion finds him on the toilet.

Before. Oberyn has dinner with Tywin, and in conversation with Tyrion prior to the feast mentions a certain nasty little poison that causes death by lack of shitting. Tywin died on the privy, and Tommen makes it very apparent that after a short period of time the stench, not sight is unbearable. Normal decomp wouldn't have caused this. Tywin was full of shit when he got a bolt to the tummy.

Yes, but a naked woman with the hands chain on? With the hand in the next room. Even for a beautiful woman, that's overstepping her bounds just a little bit. It could in all possibility be a ruse by Varys to have her killed, but why exactly would he want that. (Not that anyone knows what the eunuch wants)

Also, when he told jaime he DID kill Joff, i was like... O_O' why... the one person we all knew would come save you, now believes you really did kill his son.

I agree. I was so mad Tyrion and Jaime didn't have a good homecoming.

Most of the evidence for Tywin being poisoned came from ASOS. There are a few pieces of evidence from AFFC too, but those are really minor in comparison.

On reflection, I can see some evidence. But I can't see any reason to think he WAS poisoned at the end of SOS. He gets shot in the belly while on the toilet and he releases his bowels when he dies. All of that seems quite reasonable. Are you saying that for the like 5 years or so before A Feast of Crows came out, that everyone was suggesting Tywin was poisoned? That seems hard to believe.

Tyrion has been putting up with his shit for all of his lifetime. I think that the recent revelation about Tysha was the last drop for him though, as he asked him about it before he shot him. The one thing that annoyed me to death was that he lied for Jaime, the only member in his family that treated him with the respect he deserves. As for Tywin sleeping with Shae, I find that to be the most logical reason for her to be there. Wasn't it also mentioned that it was made a secret passage to the brothel for a former Hand of the King? Tywin is was a person of pride, and if he was whoring, he would never let anyone know.

On reflection, I can see some evidence. But I can't see any reason to think he WAS poisoned at the end of SOS. He gets shot in the belly while on the toilet and he releases his bowels when he dies. All of that seems quite reasonable. Are you saying that for the like 5 years or so before A Feast of Crows came out, that everyone was suggesting Tywin was poisoned? That seems hard to believe.

He was poisoned when he had dinner with Oberyn, in book 3.

Archived