Family/House Traits

Khalaxis

I was just wondering which traits were passed along through the blood line? Like how the Targaryen's have silver/white hair and lilac eyes, and the Baratheon's have black hair. I know the Lannister's have golden hair, and was also wondering if the auburn hair was just from Catelyn or a Tully bloodline trait.

Okay cool, thanks. I was curious as well to any of the other great houses and what their traits might be. Any lower house as well. I know that the Frey's are 'weasel-looking' and I think the Slynt's were frog looking, or maybe that was only Janos.

Well Established Traits

Starks- Dark brown hair, grey eyes, long faces (seen in Ned, Jon, Arya and I think Benjen)

Baratheon- Piercing blue eyes, black hair (basically every Baratheon)

Lannister- Curly blond hair (Lannisters of CR), I think straight blond hair for the Lannisters of Lannisport, green eyes (almost all Lannisters)

Tully- Red hair, blue eyes (every Tully I think)

Florent- Large ears

Slynt- Frog faces (I think Janos' oldest son was said to look froggy)

Frey- Weaselly appearances

Targaryen- Obvious silver hair and purple eyes thing

Dayne- Purple eyes are common

Possible Common Traits

Tyrell- Nothing specific, but they seem to have chestnut color hair (as it's commonly described) that flow in loose curls

Bolton- We've only seen two, but they both have pale skin, dark hair, and pale eyes

Redwyne- Orange hair, not particularly attractive (Hobber, Horas, Paxter)

Greyjoy- Black hair (Euron, Asha, Theon), some are described as having "black eyes" (Balon, Aeron)

Targaryens- silver-gold hair or platinum white hair with violet, indigo or lilac eyes

Umbers- tall, wide and strong

Crakehalls- healthy, strong and robust

Cleganes- tall, strong and dark hair

Yronwoods- blue-eyed blondes

Martells- dark hair and eyes with olive skin

• 1 month later...

Lannister- Curly blond hair (Lannisters of CR), I think straight blond hair for the Lannisters of Lannisport, green eyes (almost all Lannisters)

Greyjoy- Black hair (Euron, Asha, Theon), some are described as having "black eyes" (Balon, Aeron)

Daven has brown eyes (probably my favourite Lannister), but upon looking farther I found very few others which surprised me, I thought the green was a mark of being a 'high-ranking' Lannister.

Can we add tall to the Greyjoys? Vic and Aeron are very tall, and tall. Balon seemed quite tall, as does Euron. Asha is describes as lean and 'long legged' so probably tall? Theon is a bit of a runt, but he's not short, and is probably as tall as Jon and Robb. Rodrik and Maron are long dead, but they're both warriors who died in battle, so likely well built, and Theon lived in 'awe and fear' of them.

Crakehalls- healthy, strong and robust

Agreed all the strongest Frey's come from a Crakehall mother (also the thickest.)

The day a Targ declares "CHEESE FOR EVERYBODY" then I'll call him truly mad.

If he declares "BEETS FOR EVERYBODY," on the other hand, he's a genius.

Madness and greatness: two sides of the same coin.

Cat says Rosby's genereally tend to be quite slender

The Stokeworth's don't appear to be the best looking ( numerous comments about Lolly's and Sansa says in ACOK that even the Stokeworths looked pretty)

Cat said Rosbys aren't noted for their robustness, or are noted for their poor health.

Archived