Family/House Traits

Khalaxis

It is interesting to note that the Manderlys and Starks have traits and physical features reminiscent of their heart trees. The Starks are more or less a solemn bunch and the face on the heart is solemn as well. The Manderly men are a robust lot, as is their heart tree, stretching past its surroundings to invade the buildings around it.

Menderlys follow Faith. White Harbour was once ruled by a Stark,as reward for fighting against pirates.

The Manderlys do follow the Faith, but the heart tree in the Wolf's Den is described as "fat and angry" which is a good description of Manderly at the moment.

Does anyone have any info on what the Tarbecks and the Reynes looked like? What about that house with the bat sigil whose shield Brienne steals (their name forever escapes me)?

No info on the Reynes and Tarbecks' appearance, but the sigil you refer to is of House Lothston.

Does anyone have any info on what the Tarbecks and the Reynes looked like? What about that house with the bat sigil whose shield Brienne steals (their name forever escapes me)?

This is just a thought, but Genna refers to 'the red lion leaving the hall angry', obviously this is partly because of the sigil. But this is martins world, so it could be that he has red hair.

• 8 months later...

I don't think you can say "this family is like this", it's a lot more complex than that

Take Jaime and Ned they're nothing like their father or siblings but that doesn't mean they're not a Lannister or Stark

Likewise Arya looks like Ned but has more of Cat's traits and Sansa and Robb look like Cat but are more like Ned.

And even if Jon does turn out to be Rhaegar's son, that doesn't mean he has to act like a Targaryen

Behaviour and attitude isn't something a family shares.

Tullys are supposed to be family based yet Hoster forced Lysa to have an abortion and Lysa doesn't give a damn about family.

Lannisters are supposed to be ambitious yet Rickard Stark showed more ambition than Jaime and Tyrion.

Archived