White-Luck Warrior X: X Marks the Slog

Spring Bass

New thread! The old one is getting to the Page 21 Lock Limit.

Let it continue . . . as always. Damn, but I really want to read Unholy Consult. When is it supposed to be due out again?

Also, I really wish White-Luck Warrior was available as an e-book, so I could easily count how many times "Ever are men deceived" shows up in mere seconds.

EDIT: It is! Checking now.

EDIT: Not so much. I only found one "Ever are" predicate period.

I hope that you pirated that e-book, rather than just pay for one just to search for "ever are.." (assuming you bought the hard-copy, of course), O-o. Or could you search it via some preview or something?

I've wanted to have the e-book of it for a long time, but it wasn't available as an e-book. I just finally noticed that it was there as an e-book, so now I can go ahead and mark it up without that guilty feeling that I've defaced a book.

I'm actually pretty stingy when it comes to buying books, unless it's something like A Dance of Dragons: a book in a series where I'm going to read it as soon as it comes out. I usually try to find them at the library first, either in hard copy or e-book format, and then maybe buy later to support the author (and when I think I'll re-read the book later).

thought came to me: Could the Consult try to bypass the Ordeal and attack the Empire? Well, there could be skin-spies in the Zeumi court encouraging the Satakhan to attack, but I'm thinking of dragon-bombing runs or something. The Consult used dragons in battle before the No-God was summoned, Tanahafut the Red was slain by Nau-Cayuti who was captured before the No-God was summoned. Even if the Consult managed to just burn once city, they could do some sort of flyby over the Ordeal broadcasting that they're burning the Empire behind it.

Uargh, Bakker needs to finish TUC, publish a new Atrocity Tale, or give us a preview. Whatever happened to that preview chapter for the new forum?

The Consult used dragons in battle before the No-God was summoned, Tanahafut the Red was slain by Nau-Cayuti who was captured before the No-God was summoned.

Before No-God was summoned or before it was mobile in the whirlwind?

We actually don't know right, we're just assuming that summoning the No-God summons a full hit-point all abilities version?

So you're telling me that ever are men deceived about how often ever are men deceived appears in the text? The study deepens, Father.

Love the thread title! :thumbsup:

yeah, ever are men deceived by how priming deceives their perceptions of ever are men deceived.

I think you guys should punch yourselves in the fucking face every time you mention the ever are men decieved shit. I like the books, but that shit is getting old.

Don't you see your antipathy to EAMD is nothing more than unwillingness to realize that EAMD is the only truth on which all things human turn?

And because this truth threatens your ground, you hope that your brothers turn their fists upon themselves?

Look to the Blue Volvos my friend, look to the Volvos.

He's the straight man in a comedy act, except when he's drunk-posting.

But enough on that. I wonder if one of Serwa's missions as "ambassador" to slaughter as many of the Ishterebinth Non-Men as she can once the facade of their co-operation collapses. Sure, they're Non-Men, but she's the daughter of Kellhus and a hard-core powerful sorceress.

Could the Consult try to bypass the Ordeal and attack the Empire? Well, there could be skin-spies in the Zeumi court encouraging the Satakhan to attack, but I'm thinking of dragon-bombing runs or something. The Consult used dragons in battle before the No-God was summoned,

I wonder how they ever controlled the dragons in the first place. So far as we can tell, they seem to just have an advanced case of "do not give shit" when the No-God's not around, as opposed to the Sranc and their penchant for sexual violence/need to be sexually aroused by their masters. Maybe it was easier when the Inchoroi had Space-Age Technology like aircraft with energy weaponry.

FYI, for all you Westeros forumers who've not yet joined Second Apocalypse - we're going to be starting an inaugural reread of the entire series for the newish Bakker forums probably in the next week or so. I encourage all those who participated in these threads since Three-Seas' demise to join in.

The Second Apocalypse

So far we're thinking five days to read and post each chapter starting with TDTCB - the debate over issues of timeframe and inclusion of spoilers is happening now: Forum Re-read

Dissenting opinions welcome.

Cheers.

Well, when my wife posts on here that i've stroked out from rage, its up to you guys to appologize to her.

Oh, sorry mate I missed this earlier as I was testing out Firefox's new filter for whiny bitchfest posts. ;-P

eta: Yes, I know. Pot, kettle, all that jazz.

Well, when my wife posts on here that i've stroked out from rage
Hey man, if you need to rub one out no need to be embarrassed about it. There's tons of EAMD and tons of pendulous phallus too; enough to satisfy everyone.

Oh, sorry mate I missed this earlier as I was testing out Firefox's new filter for whiny bitchfest posts. ;-P

eta: Yes, I know. Pot, kettle, all that jazz.

Ha, that was a joke right? Because the relentless nature of the EAMD is not a joke, but you keep recyling it like a faded celebrity trying to kickstart their career all over again. But its cool man, i get it, you're not a comedian.

Ha, that was a joke right? Because the relentless nature of the EAMD is not a joke, but you keep recyling it like a faded celebrity trying to kickstart their career all over again. But its cool man, i get it, you're not a comedian.

Must resist...yo momma joke...

FYI, for all you Westeros forumers who've not yet joined Second Apocalypse - we're going to be starting an inaugural reread of the entire series for the newish Bakker forums probably in the next week or so. I encourage all those who participated in these threads since Three-Seas' demise

nice. i just started a full reread this morning, and my marginalia are shaping up copiously.

Archived