Ruins...

I would be interested in all the ruins in the red waste. My guess, they are the remains of an ancient qartheen empire and were abandoned as the red waste became a desert. Castles and ruins get reused and recycled, because there are no major climate changes in Westeros, except for the long seasons.

True, however for around 50,000 of those years real life humans were nomadic hunter gatherers. That sort of lifestyle doesn'tn lend itself to building enduring structures.

No, but we were at an egyptain level of building seven thousand years ago. I guess a better question would be 'why the stagnant population? Shouldn't it be evolving?' more than a question of where the ruins are.

I don't know what you mean by stagnant population. As far as location goes, populations have been in flux for millenia on that world. As for growth, the population seems to be stable even with the crazy seasons. As for technology, wow, I've got nothing. In Rl it would be like the Roman Empire or Middle Ages never ended and we were just doing the same old thing every day. Perhaps it is because they haven't discovered "gunpowder" yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, ruins, even in this real world only really last as long as it takes for people of the surrounding areas to cart off stone, wood, and everything else that may be used at a new location. I assume there has been a natural recycling of the better part of the materials that would indicate a ruin. Whatever is left behind just eventually gets covered up or wiped away by nature itself.

• 4 weeks later...

Im pretty sure Oldstones and Queenscrown are explained in the books, The tragedy at Summerhall where the place was burnt to the ground killing Aegeon the V will probably be touched on in more detail im guessing towards the end of the Dunk and Egg novellas.

Archived