Winds of Winter could be Night of the Living Dead

John W

I get the feeling that Winds of Winter will be a world of the living dead as The Others raise the dead that have been slaughtered in the War of the Five Kings and turn them into wights en masse.

Will Cersei's Valonqar be among them and choke the life out of her?

Is that why the Dragons have come back? Since fire seems to be the only weapon that works against the Wights.

Will there be another Field of Fire?

Who's going to come back as a wight? Ned? Renly? Tywin? Joffrey?

I don't think anyone will come back as a wight. From what I gather you need to be touched by an Other to do so. Tywin is buried under Casterly Rock, Neds bones are MIA, Joffrey was buried in the Great Sept of Baelor and Renly presumably in Storm's End or Highgarden.

I get the feeling that Winds of Winter will be a world of the living dead as The Others raise the dead that have been slaughtered in the War of the Five Kings and turn them into wights en masse.

Is that why the Dragons have come back? Since fire seems to be the only weapon that works against the Wights.

1. The dead are bones by now, and the Others can only manipulate corpses not bare skeletons.

2. Cersei's valonqar will be an alive Jaime.

3. I think the dragons will eventually be used against the Others and wights.

4. I think we might see another Field of Fire in the Battle of Meereen.

5. All those guys are nothing but skeletons by now.

No one of the characters who died is coming back as a wight, not unless they are still.. Well, corpses. I'd like the dead to actually stay dead instead of being resurrected or something like it.

The Others will take their army of wights, but those wights will come mainly from beyond the Wall, not from the graves of the North or South. Definitely not the South.

Will anyone beleive in the others without first hand knowledge?

The Nights Watch learned first hand at the Fist and still cant unite.

Nor could they get any help from their closest Lords. A united westeros facing a threat they think is a childrens tale is a long way off. Will Dorne be of any use to fight in the cold? In its current state with more wars coming it seems bleak if the wall fails.

No one of the characters who died is coming back as a wight, not unless they are still.. Well, corpses. I'd like the dead to actually stay dead instead of being resurrected or something like it.

The Others will take their army of wights, but those wights will come mainly from beyond the Wall, not from the graves of the North or South. Definitely not the South.

I'm going out on a limb here and suggesting that maybe corpses from the North can possibly still be turned into wights. Only because its much colder and well assuming that the cold can preserve the dead a bit like in real life.

I don't see a wight-infested Westeros until ADoS, if things ever reach that point. The Others haven't even breached the Wall yet, and even if they do, they'll probably take their time as they have been all series.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Let's not forget there was a battle where dragon couldn't use their fire abilities dues to a storm ?(don't remember exactly ) and the Others comes with an icestorm so dragon might not be efficient against Other ....But wights would make a nice field !!!

Archived