Dany being set up to be the main villain of the story?

houseHB

Ive seen it proposed that she is Stallion who mounts the world. but does she have time to take over the world like a female Alexander of Macedonia?

Which would be unpopular with many readers though it is what i expect her to do.

She wont have a Disney princess story that seems certain.

Daenerys is already gathering a following in Slavers Bay, and it won't be long before we see the whole Eastern continent crying "Mysha, Mysha". Volantis already patiently awaits her arrival, and it won't be long before Westeros does too.

It will be like a snowball effect.

Stannis is the one being set up as a villian, and Daenerys will be forced to destroy him to save the realm.

Excuse me but tell me how Stannis is being set up as a villain? As far as I can see Stannis is the one who actually cares about the others and wants to stop them. "In order to win the throne, I must save the kingdom" etc, to me that seems like Stannis is the good guy if anything.

As someone said previously: Dragons, eunuch warriors, sellswords and Dothraki. Yeah, some saviour. When a peasant is being slaughtered while his family are being raped by said Dothraki and his village is being burned down by said dragons I'm sure he'll cry "mysha mysha".

Edited for spelling

The Villian,no. However, I see her as winner of the Game of Thrones - returning to Westeros with her dragons to rule. The first Queen to rule Westeros, I think she will be a villian to many who want to see Jon and Dany ruling together - I see no king ruling with her.

or she stays in Meereen and never comes to Westeros - which will make her The Villian to me.

Excuse me but tell me how Stannis is being set up as a villain? As far as I can see Stannis is the one who actually cares about the others and wants to stop them. "In order to win the throne, I must save the kingdom" etc, to me that seems like Stannis is the good guy if anything.

Because we've seen many times in ASOIAF that (as the old saying goes) "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".

Not that I think this is where Stannis is headed, but if that is his fate, this is as good a reason as any.

Jon will kill her, but not as a villan, as his Nissa Nissa. Unfortunately we have to go through the whirlwind romance first but you have to have to pass through the shadow to get to the light. I'm not hating on Dany here, I'm saying she will be a hero really, it's the thought of a J :wub: D romance that I bemoan.

She is going to show up one of two ways. Via the Ironborne....great PR...right? OR using the ironborn ships she takes and bringing a massive foreign invasion full of Dothraki and Unsullied and dragons...yes....Westeros is going to welcome her with open arms. :stillsick:

Dothraki, dragons, Ironborn, sellswords and eunuch warriors? Yeah, Dany will be nothing but good for Westeros.

This was a point I brought up in a thread a while back, she doesn't belong in Westeros anymore. She knows the people of the Free Cities etc far greater than she knows her "own people".

Because we've seen many times in ASOIAF that (as the old saying goes) "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".

Where have we seen that? Did Walder Frey have good intentions on the scale of saving the realm when he butchered guest right? Did Tywin Lannister have good intentions on the scale of saving the realm when he treated Tyrion like crap? The only person we have seen this with is Dany, her good intentions do indeed seem to be paving the way to hell, but Stannis? No. I think he will most likely die in service to the realm, a realm that hated him for no other reason than he wash't Robert and he wasn't Renly.

The others aren't villains anyway, they're a force of nature in the same way that fire is. Actually I see the others as potentially less destructive. Fire can only destroy (as evidenced by the fact that even when it revives you, you lose a part of you and eventually become a shell of your former self), ice can preserve.

The series is about balance. However I do think that dany will go the way of the mad king.

I believe the Night's King story (and, to a lesser extent, Craster's situation) is there to set some kind of precedence - yes, you can ally with the Others.

So for the small folk, the choices are

1) ally with Dany, which means Iron men and Dothraki will likely burn your crops and rape your women anyway, and who knows what wild roaming dragons could do (other than Drogon, Dany has not demonstrated any ability to control her dragons. Even Drogon comes and goes when he wants). But if you're on this side (and you win), Westeros will remain.

2) ally with the Others and whoever ends up siding with them (this will probably result in a cold death anyway). The prospects of this option could change, but I don't know enough of the Others to think of anything else.

We have no idea where Jon will fit in, so as of right now these would appear to be the choices for the people when winter descends on Westeros. Both suck, but Dany appears to be the lesser evil, in that it doesn't result in a guaranteed death; and unless she goes batshit crazy, she'll act in the best interests of Westeros..

Bad Guys will be:

Melisadre

The Others

Brinden Rivers

Euron

Cersei

The Stone Dragon

Littlefinger

Bobby Strong

Aegon

Something else

I like the idea of Dany being presented as a Villain in Winds, via every POV but her own (and maybe Ghost/Jon), only to come full circle in Summer to save everyone by giving her life. Her kid's gonna sit the iron throne, and everyone is going to feel bad that they started so many hate threads dedicated to her. Same'll happen when UnCat takes out the Freys.

Archived