Thread for Small Questions v. xxii

Angalin

At begining of AFFC Cersei is thinking that Varys had something to do with Tryion escaping cause of the use of the tunnels. Does she ever confront him bout this?? Honestly in drawing a total blank on anything Varys related in AFFC and ADWD until the epilouge!!! Anyone help me out?

Varys vanished with Tyrion.

Well, Braavos is the same latitude as the Vale of Arryn, while Pentos is the same latitude as Blackwater Bay and the Crownlands, so I'd not say they have very different climates. Maybe average climate to both of them. Now Myr, Lys, Tyrosh and Volantis - I think that's where it gets Dornish/Tropical/Equatorial.

yes thanks for this, i was wondering if the latitudal lines on earth held the same relevance in georges world, so very reassuring. Thanks! I think they do too.

Well, Braavos is the same latitude as the Vale of Arryn, while Pentos is the same latitude as Blackwater Bay and the Crownlands, so I'd not say they have very different climates. Maybe average climate to both of them. Now Myr, Lys, Tyrosh and Volantis - I think that's where it gets Dornish/Tropical/Equatorial.

Braavos is not only at sea level it may be warmed by sea currents. The Eyrie is cold but I dont see any indication of the Vale being cold lower down. Pentos we know has cherry trees so it is temperate.

Myr Lys and Volantis are also on the seacoast so would be affected by currents as well.

If I remember correctly, there aren't any trees growing in Braavos, so wood is very expensive. So no, they don't grow much, but imports, like you said.

Braavos so far makes $$ from banking, insurance, and perhaps seafood. Maybe it also gets money from religious institutions. For sure the FM add to the economy - a prayer might be pretty pricey. As a port it would also get $$ for use of the port.

If I remember correctly, there aren't any trees growing in Braavos, so wood is very expensive. So no, they don't grow much, but imports, like you said.

If you could point me too a quote i'd be VERY grateful

come on the hivemind, i NEED this one!

thansk for all the help guys!

AFFC: Samwell III

"There's no more wood." Dareon had paid the innkeep double for a room with a hearth, but none of them had realized that wood would be so costly here. Trees did not grow on Braavos, save in the courts and gardens of the mighty. Nor would the Braavosi cut the pines that covered the outlying islands around their great lagoon and acted as windbreaks to shield them from storms. Instead firewood was brought in by barge, up the rivers and across the lagoon.

It's never mentioned who led the van in the Battle of the Trident. After the fighting, Robert was wounded so Ned took the army and marched on King's Landing. He lead the van in that march, only to arrive at King's Landing to find Tywin Lannister sacking the city.

Thank you thats where I got the idea of him in the Van

Ok. how do we know that?

I don't think that's correct. The only thing we have heard of Ned and his Northerners were how fast they move. Besides, Robert's army was united after the Battle of the Bells, so they would have been together the whole time.

What are the bastards named from the West, or Casterly Rock? Gold?? Below are the 6 names out of 7 I remember. Are there more bastard names anyone else knows of?

North- Snow

Riverlands- Rivers

Crownlands- Waters

Eyrie- Stone

Dorne-Sands

South- Flowers

What are the bastards named from the West, or Casterly Rock? Gold?? Below are the 6 names out of 7 I remember. Are there more bastard names anyone else knows of?

North- Snow

Riverlands- Rivers

Crownlands- Waters

Eyrie- Stone

Dorne-Sands

South- Flowers

Pretty sure bastard names can be whatever. You got the most traditional ones. But add Pyke, Hill and Storm.

We also have Lollys's bastard son named Tyrion Tanner. Although that could just be a jest because she was raped behind the tanning shop. But we also have Daemon Blackfyre, who took his name after the sword.

Thanks! Hill was the name I couldnt remember, & I'd forgotten about Pyke&Storm. Hill is Tarly's region? Or just the name of his holdings (Horn Hill?)...nm Tarly is a Southron, I'd forgotten.

Don't know of any Lannister bastards, I was curious about that.

Thanks! Hill was the name I couldnt remember, & I'd forgotten about Pyke&Storm. Hill is Tarly's region? Or just the name of his holdings (Horn Hill?)...nm Tarly is a Southron, I'd forgotten.

The only one I can think of is Sweet Donnel Hill of the Night's Watch. Don't know who his parents are though, pretty sure he claimed he was a Lannister bastard.

But you are right, Horn Hill is the seat of Randyll Tarly, and they are from the Reach.

Well, the Lannisters are southron as well. But House Tarly is in the Reach, as King Doug mentioned, so their bastards would usually be given the name Flowers.

We actually do know of at least one Lannister bastard. Her name is Joy Hill. She's Gerion's daughter.

did someone actually melt Barristans swort an put it to the others on the throne?

No, I don't think so. Why would they?

Archived