Thread for Small Questions v. xxii

Angalin

if i recall correctly, the assassin send to murder Bran had a valyrian Steel Dagger with him, originally belonging to the Lannisters (Tyron ?) later its rumored that it was in Robert treasure and Joff might have taken it, correct?

it always seemed pretty dumb to give such a recognizable Dagger to a common assassin...even for Joff (if he had anything to do with it). so i kinda put that theory aside. (or has it been confirmed by Cersei/Joff/Jaime that they send the assassin?)

isnt it more likely that someone left those footprints intentionally, who might have an interest in bringing the conflict between the Lannisters and the Starks to an escalation?

smells fishy and i was thinking that might have been Varys work.

It was confirmed in Tyrion's POVs that Joff sent the assassin in an attempt to gain favor in Robert's eyes. Joff overheard Robert saying that the 'kind' thing to do would be to put the boy out of his misery, as if he were a lame horse. Jaime also reached the same conclusion and I believe that was part of Tyrion and Jaime's conversation when Jaime let Tyrion out of his cell.

It was confirmed in Tyrion's POVs that Joff sent the assassin in an attempt to gain favor in Robert's eyes. Joff overheard Robert saying that the 'kind' thing to do would be to put the boy out of his misery, as if he were a lame horse. Jaime also reached the same conclusion and I believe that was part of Tyrion and Jaime's conversation when Jaime let Tyrion out of his cell.

It's true. It's worth noting that Joff also heard Sandor saying "the boy is a long time dying. I wish he'd be quicker about it" and Sandor was a father-figure to him according to Cersei. Jaime also comments that if it were him he'd put Bran out of his misery, but we don't know if he ever said it within Joff's hearing. Either way, Joff thought it would please both Robert and Sandor.

It's true. It's worth noting that Joff also heard Sandor saying "the boy is a long time dying. I wish he'd be quicker about it" and Sandor was a father-figure to him according to Cersei. Jaime also comments that if it were him he'd put Bran out of his misery, but we don't know if he ever said it within Joff's hearing. Either way, Joff thought it would please both Robert and Sandor.

Good point, I forgot about the Sandor aspect

I would also add that George confirmed that the mystery of Bran's attempted assassination would be resolved in the third book, right before that book was published. So I would consider this case closed.

what allegedly happened to sandor and Gregors mum and dad?

Gregor killed his father while they were hunting, and said it was a hunting accident

As for the mother, she isn't mentioned and probably died of illness or childbirth

Gregor killed his father while they were hunting, and said it was a hunting accident

As for the mother, she isn't mentioned and probably died of illness or childbirth

you say she (mother) is not mentioned but presume she's dead. Is there any reason to believe she's dead, other than the fact Gregor rules the clegane keep?

Could she still be alive in theory?

you say she (mother) is not mentioned but presume she's dead. Is there any reason to believe she's dead, other than the fact Gregor rules the clegane keep?

Could she still be alive in theory?

Ned's mother isn't mentioned at all in memories before Robert's Rebellion so should we presume that she's alive?

Ned's mother isn't mentioned at all in memories before Robert's Rebellion so should we presume that she's alive?

If there's a woman we dont know the fate of should we presume that 'she probably died of illness or in childbirth?'

Presumption cuts both ways in this story.

Its just odd to me that the father and sister are thought of as dead, and nothing on the mother. She would have some great stories to tell if she showed up, as a sparrow, for example.

I can dream.

Did Othor's hand rotted because the rest of the wight burned or because it was at King's Landing, far away from the Wall and the magic?

Hm, I dunno. It always made me think of one thing I read that if there ever was a zombie apocalypse, it wouldn't last long because the bodies would decompose really fast - especially in the heat. I mean, it makes sense that in the cold (beyond the Wall and such) the bodies are preserved for longer, but if you get a bunch of wights in KL where it's hot, they would just start decomposing...

Hm, I dunno. It always made me think of one thing I read that if there ever was a zombie apocalypse, it wouldn't last long because the bodies would decompose really fast - especially in the heat. I mean, it makes sense that in the cold (beyond the Wall and such) the bodies are preserved for longer, but if you get a bunch of wights in KL where it's hot, they would just start decomposing...

Me too. Unless it snows in KL in the winter, does it snow in the south (besides the Vale) in the winter? (leaving Dorne aside) Or maybe the corpses stop rotting because the Other's magic?

Me too. Unless it snows in KL in the winter, does it snow in the south (besides the Vale) in the winter? (leaving Dorne aside) Or maybe the corpses stop rotting because the Other's magic?

Yeah, it does snow in the south during winter, even in KL. I don't know about Dorne though.

Yes, but if the Others were to accompany the wights in this apocalypse, they would survive south of the wall. It always gets cold when the Others come, or the other way around, but that would certainly keep the wights from decomposing.

Yes, but if the Others were to accompany the wights in this apocalypse, they would survive south of the wall. It always gets cold when the Others come, or the other way around, but that would certainly keep the wights from decomposing.

But then it'd be winter, right, and it gets cold even in KL. When ser Alliser brought the hand it was still hot in the south.

Archived