Thread for Small Questions v. xxii

Angalin

Why doesn't nobody care to go to the Isle of Faces and see what it really is about? Besides, important people go missing (Sansa, Blackfish, Tyrion, etc), does it never occur to anybody to look there? Or better, why doesn't anybody think of hiding there? Howland Reed (If The little crannogman was him) seems to be the only known person to give two fudges about it.

I wonder about all of this as well. If you want to hide and you have a canoe, it seems like the perfect place tbh

So, if I read correctly Obsidian stabby can kill Others. Also Dragonsteel, whatever that is (steel from meteorites maybe), also cuts them down effectively. I sure hope there is a lot of obsidian on Dragonstone (and Stannis can get to it) and the fallen star at Starfall was BIG. Or they saved the dragonsteel swords from the last battle. It is probably lurking around - Valyrian steel became cool and everyone put their dragonsteel in the attic with the obsidian and forgot about it.

Right, both obsidian and dragonsteel ca kill Others. But dragonsteel is Valyriansteel. So there are only a few blades left in Westeros and those mostly are treasured heirlooms.

Right, both obsidian and dragonsteel ca kill Others. But dragonsteel is Valyriansteel. So there are only a few blades left in Westeros and those mostly are treasured heirlooms.

TOtal speculation which I dont believe for a minute. I think it is from meteorites like Dawn. But it isnt Valyrian steel, I am 99.99% sure of that.

That isn't confirmed.

True, I haven't checked it again because I assumed that's the way it is, since the others are vulnerable to fire and Valyriansteel coming from a place associated with fire and hence dragons is likely to be dragonsteel. I don't see the meteorite theory though. Anyway thanks for correcting me.

True, I haven't checked it again because I assumed that's the way it is, since the others are vulnerable to fire and Valyriansteel coming from a place associated with fire and hence dragons is likely to be dragonsteel. I don't see the meteorite theory though. Anyway thanks for correcting me.

This is piecing several things together. (this hypothesis has been floated before by others)

1. the CotF called down the hammer of the waters to break the Arm.

2. Dorathi have a legend of a moon breaking up releasing the dragons.

Maybe the CotF use the moon to break up causing an huge chunk to cause a tsunami to break the Arm (with the byproduct of creating(magic)/ releasing the dragons). The other fragments of the moon produced meteorites that provide dragonsteel.

However, Occam's razor leads to the conclusion that is probably Valyrian steel.

But.... I would almost bet that the above is the origin of Dawn, the sword.

Is anyone else having problems posting recently? Specifically, I often can't submit a post without using the "quote" button and I am sometimes entirely unable to edit as well. Also, I can sign in but otherwise I cannot access my account information or settings. Is it just me?

Archived