Likely injuries to occur in TWoW

fat pink maester

It's certainly possible but if you consider the value of a hostage versus the value of killing Dario when Danaerys isn't even there to see and make a foolish decision out of anger I don't consider it a smart choice. Also consider this, if Dany ever started burning the Yunkai wholesale with a dragon where would be the safest place? I'd say holding a knife to Dario's throat offering a trade. However the fact remains that GRRM confirmed that it was plague victims not the hostages.

The Yunkai'i are overrun with the Pale Mare. I don't think they are going to make all the smart choices. We've seen this happen before - who would have expected Ned to make so many bad decisions or Robb to break his marriage pact with the Freys. The characters aren't as omnipresent as us and are in the dark about most of what is going on. When Victarion arrives, the chaos and disorder in the Yunkai camps will probably do almost as much damage as the Ironborn. It's a safe bet that more characters are going to make bad decisions in the remaining books and I believe Daario is the most likely to be killed out of all the hostages seeing as how he's the only particularly important one.

If I had to make a bet on Dario's fate I think that Tyrion will rescue him and use him to gain an audience with Dany on good terms. Then I think when Dany leaves slavers bay she will leave the Shaveplate or Belwas in charge of Meeren and send Dario and the one out of Belwas and Shaveplate not ruling Meeren off to rule Yunkai and Astapor or something like that. But its just as possible that he dies in a Tyrion POV and we see Tyrion get all pissed and figure out something else smart to do.

I don't see why a reason for the Yunkai to kill Daario presenting itself isn't possible. He could be sent over the walls as a message to the Stormcrows which might cause them to change sides.

I've always assumed that the corpses the Green Grace mentions were those who died of the Pale Mare in an attempt to infect Mereen.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived