Who will come to Sansa's rescue

SonOfWinter

Sansa has grown up since A Game of Thrones. Now she has the best teacher in the game of thrones anyone can ask for in Littlefinger. He has been teaching her everything she knows and by AFFC she has this confidence in her that has never been seen before. I think she might come out on top if she ever frees herself of Littlefinger and becomes Lady of the Vale.

Sansa has grown up since A Game of Thrones. Now she has the best teacher in the game of thrones anyone can ask for in Littlefinger. He has been teaching her everything she knows and by AFFC she has this confidence in her that has never been seen before. I think she might come out on top if she ever frees herself of Littlefinger and becomes Lady of the Vale.

If she frees herself of Littlefinger. I don't see it, yet. I see a growing identification with Littlefinger's plans, and a growing dependence on Littlefinger. And that won't change if she becomes Lady of the Vale following Littlefinger's plans. I see it as a trap, and Sansa is not aware of it yet.

You guys really have nice posts in all the forums. Really love reading them in my free time. Thanks and Keep posting....

I always used to think that the life of the Direwolves pups and the life of Eddard Starks children were some how interlinked. But well I was wrong in the first book itself. Lady is killed and her bones send North and Sansa lived till now and even in the WoW book. But then Robb Stark and his wolf both died. Some where again a line from the first book comes in my mind where Jon says that gods must have willed Eddard's children to have all the direwolf pups. At times I wonder if GRRM would take Sansa Stark to such an extreme and make her redundant.....and by this I mean maybe GRRM might kill her off....(but I dont think so....GRRM loves all his female characters of the book....I mean he was just about to Hang Brienne and then let her go..:) )? At times I wonder just the opposite.......That Sansa will come in handy to join the stark house with some other great house....(Lannisters, Arryn, Aegon, or god knows who..)

He story line has some big potentials.....Cersis's prophecy states that she will see all her kids sit in throne and die in front of her...and her little brother will strangle her. If by chance this little brother is Jamie.....then Sansa remains the bride of Tyrion Lannister and join House Stark with the Lannister....any man Tyrion is one hell of a guy....who again also has a chance to be a dragon (speculations are there that he may be one of the 3 heads. But some one warns Dany that the Loins will come to her aid also along with others and all....but they will be false...so still much of speculation and not much answer..). ( The big time down side is......The Marriage was not consummated and most probably GRRM dosnt wants Starks Join Houses with Lannister in the next two book )......now many other possibilities are there.....

What ever happens most probably the hound will some how be involved in her life again in some way.........(or at least I feel so)...Rite now she is playing the game and learning the tricks of the trade from Littlefinger. Thing is if she comes out of Littlefingure's shadow too early then chances of getting killed by Cersei is kinda high. Now with Kevin Lannister dead we are yet to see how Cersei acts on the new emergency on House Lannister...Its pretty much in a bad shape too....Tywin s dead, Tyrion killed him and fled with Jamie's help...Jamie's missing and most probably have to fend for his survival by fighting a duel with Thoros of Myr/Hound/Brienne...( wish list lol).....Cersei is paraded naked in front of the whole population of Kingslanding.(some field days those guys must have had :)).and now though she has a strong contender to defend her honor (Robert Strong) is there but her last straw is that necromancer. Kevin Lannister is dead so is Joffery ...now Tommy boy and Mycella babe are the remaining strings and most probably they will be dead in the next book.....so I guess we will see a bit of Sansa becoming a diplomatic wild babe in next book.......perhaps she is her own savior.....unlike Arya ...Sansa's weapon is her courtesy and sweet talks and stuff like those....But even if she comes in limelight she might be accused as a kingslayer/ an aide to the Kingslayer..(king being Joffy boy and his Uncle been though to be the slayer).......so this means maybe the Queen of Thones might be exposed before we see Sansa Stark as Sansa Stark? then again tough call......Then the Blackfish Tully is somewhere.......and before coming to Riverrun he was in the Vale....so maybe he returns to Vale and Aid Sansa get ride of mister Littlefigure....(though I donno if he remembered Sansa by face.....) or maybe Blackfish joined Dondarrions group......man lol.....the loops are too many and I guess thats what makes this story so gripping...hope GRRM will complete it

i think she needs to sit back and wait for littlefingers plan to work. If there is one character who has consistently accomplished his goals, its Petyr Baelish. chances are she will do something stupid and ruin everything. maybe she will run to cersei and tell her littlefingers plans. that didn't hurt ned or anything...

Why are people still pissed at Sansa for running to Cersei? Girl was like 11 years old, she thought she was in love. After that she was beaten, humiliated, watched her father die and lose her entire family and couldn't help them. Cut her some slack people. She has grown up a lot since AGOT, she knows how the game is played.

Why are people still pissed at Sansa for running to Cersei? Girl was like 11 years old, she thought she was in love. After that she was beaten, humiliated, watched her father die and lose her entire family and couldn't help them. Cut her some slack people. She has grown up a lot since AGOT, she knows how the game is played.

mostly because at the beginning she was this annoying, spoilt little princess who betrayed her father when she didn't get things her way.

in later books she's changed a great deal, but her chapters still are rather boring to most (including me) so there's really not a good enough reason to like her.

hopefully, that's going to change in the next book, with everything that's going to happen in the vale.

Arya was 11, Sansa was 13, and she betrayed her own father leading to his death... thats about as bad as it gets. I mean it could be considered conspiracy to kinslaying. That being said I think her whole redemption act is about not being a fool anymore.

What utter rubbish.

I was very aggravated throughout Books 1-3 by Sansa's naivety and poor judgement. The only character who was truly kind to her was Tyrion and she treated him awfully. But there's also a big part of me who does not want her to become the mini-Cat/schemer that LF is trying to make her into. I want to see her grow a pair and stand up for herself, without 'playing the game' but rather using some courage and proving that she's Eddard Stark's daughter.

I've hated Sansa the entire story for these exact reasons she has been dumb at every turn, but thats exactly why I anticipate her becoming somewhat of a productive person. GRRM seems to be all about the redemptions, Jaime, Theon, the Hound. I think Dany was so obviously the queen more beautiful than cersei from the prophecy that I just think GRRM has it as a surprise for us.

I absolutely agree! Sansa's character arc seems to follow the pattern of a naive little who is learning the harsh realities of the world the hard way, which in my opinion makes one stronger at heart. I do believe, however, that she will need a little bit of help dispatching Littlefinger. Of course I wouldn't expect her to follow the orders of whoever helps her, but rather take charge of the situation herself.

... You don't think getting your father killed is bad? I hope i never meet you in an alley

You have deliberately twisted what has happened with Sansa in Kings Landing to make the absurd claim that she betrayed her father. It simply cannot be taken seriously, And its a gross misunderstanding and blatant twisting of what happened in the books. Its honestly quiet sad that someone results to blatant lies to match up with existing prejudices.

You have deliberately twisted what has happened with Sansa in Kings Landing to make the absurd claim that she betrayed her father. It simply cannot be taken seriously, And its a gross misunderstanding and blatant twisting of what happened in the books. Its honestly quiet sad that someone results to blatant lies to match up with existing prejudices.

I haven't twisted anything, and I certainly haven't lied. It's actually very simple and if you don't want to see it thats fine but saying I have lied is the only absurd thing thats been said here.

A Clash of Kings soft cover page 59 Cersei "We might have lost all. Even so, it was a close thing. If Sansa hadn't come to me and told me all her father's plans..."

Just because she didn't know what she was doing doesn't change what she did. Her father ordered her to stay in the tower of the hand, she snuck out and told Cersei everything. What have I misunderstood here? That Cersei may have won anyway? Perhaps, we will never know. That Sansa didn't mean to do it? That doesn't change the fact that she did it. Please point out my lie I would like to see it.

The entire point of my initial statement was to answer the question someone posed of why do people hate Sansa. If you disagree that this and the deal with Lady and thinking the Tyrells were her friends weren't all stupid then there's obviously no convincing you, but their still the reasons some people dislike her character. I believe they were necessary plot elements to show her character development. She will grow from a naive little girl to a player.

I haven't twisted anything, and I certainly haven't lied. It's actually very simple and if you don't want to see it thats fine but saying I have lied is the only absurd thing thats been said here.

A Clash of Kings soft cover page 59 Cersei "We might have lost all. Even so, it was a close thing. If Sansa hadn't come to me and told me all her father's plans..."

Just because she didn't know what she was doing doesn't change what she did. Her father ordered her to stay in the tower of the hand, she snuck out and told Cersei everything. What have I misunderstood here? That Cersei may have won anyway? Perhaps, we will never know. That Sansa didn't mean to do it? Immaterial. Please point out my lie I would like to see it.

It is a lie because Cersei telling of the story doesn't make sense. Ned's action and revelations to Cersei was all the more crucial thus blaming Sansa is ridiculous. Ned was the one who went to Cersei without securing that his daughters had left King's Landing and showed her his cards. Cersei was able to act because of it. All Sansa did was to go the queen to plea to stay because she thought she loved Joffrey. The only thing that her going to the queen affected was the timing. Ned had already told Cersei his plans. Sansa didn't go to Cersei to sell her father down the bridge because he didn't reveal to her or Arya what the hell was going on. She had no idea about her fathers plans thus its inaccurate to say she 'betrayed' him. Cersei in that above conversation was attempting to hide from Tyrion (under the impression he didn't know) the part about her liaisons with Jamie being found out by Ned. To say that after Ned literally shot himself in the foot is disingenuous. Its simplistic and incredibly inaccurate.

If someone else comes along and saves Sansa I`ll be annoyed. It defeats the purpose of her entire arc. She`s no longer the girl who believes a white knight will come rescue her, why should now be any different?

No, she`ll get out herself. Or, much more likely, manipulate the entire situation to her own benefit. She will definitely turn on Littlefinger.

It is a lie because Cersei telling of the story doesn't make sense. Ned's action and revelations to Cersei was all the more crucial thus blaming Sansa is ridiculous. Ned was the one who went to Cersei without securing that his daughters had left King's Landing and showed her his cards. Cersei was able to act because of it. All Sansa did was to go the queen to plea to stay because she thought she loved Joffrey. The only thing that her going to the queen affected was the timing. Ned had already told Cersei his plans. Sansa didn't go to Cersei to sell her father down the bridge because he didn't reveal to her or Arya what the hell was going on. She had no idea about her fathers plans thus its inaccurate to say she 'betrayed' him. Cersei in that above conversation was attempting to hide from Tyrion (under the impression he didn't know) the part about her liaisons with Jamie being found out by Ned. To say that after Ned literally shot himself in the foot is disingenuous. Its simplistic and incredibly inaccurate.

The story was not made up. Game of Thrones soft cover page 548 Cersei to Sansa "Why else should you have come to me and told me of your father's plan to send you away from us, if not for love?" further down the page Sansa thinking to herself "So she went to the queen instead and poured out her heart, and Cersei had listened and thanked her sweetly"

Secondly timing was everything, and what Sansa did effected the timing and Ned obviously didn't want things to go down until his daughters were gone. Sansa and Arya would have left only hours after Cersei made her move, a move which Ned expected would come quickly after Roberts death but he could not know exactly when that would be. Game of Thrones page 524 Pycelle to Ned " My lord," he said,"King Robert is gone. The gods give him rest." Ned go's on to summon the council during the meeting Cersei summons the council and you know the rest. Would Cersei have made her move without Sansa, of course. But considering the quote i posted above of Cersei telling Tyrion and Sansa's info was very helpful I believe the point is she would not have struck that fast. If Sansa and Arya were gone Ned would never have confessed his supposed treason, who can say how that would have played out but he only needed to live until Tyrion got there and then his life would no longer have been in immediate danger. If Sansa and Arya had gotten out Catlyn would probably not have freed Jaime Lannister in her grief. You seem to be saying that Sansa disobeying her father and telling Cersei the plan of them leaving wasn't a betrayal because she didn't mean it to be that way. Yet Sansa describes herself as feeling wicked and defying her father. 548 "She was the good girl, the obedient girl, but she had felt as wicked as Arya that morning, sneaking away from Septa Mordane, defying her lord father." It seems to me Sansa knew she was betraying her father just not how badly she was betraying him. But if my father committed a crime which was somehow motivated by honorable intentions, and i proceeded to tell my friend thinking he would keep the secret, and my friend told the police and my father went to jail for life or got the death penalty would I not have betrayed him? The point is the intention doesn't really matter, she did it, it effected the outcome.

Hello everyone ^.^

I think it would be interesting if multiple people came to Sansa's rescue, but instead of allowing herself to be "rescued" she uses her position beside littlefinger to somehow extort/seize his power to accomplish something bold and of her own will in the politics of westeros. Maybe she could kill him, but if something like this did happen, where she makes her move and defies the damsel in distress stereotype, I think it will be in a way that is very little finger esque, poisoned with his own potion so to speak, causing LF to realize in his final moments that he was an idiot to weave his webs with Sansa in such close proximity. In this scenario his love for Catelyn would be his downfall, considering his adoration of Sansa probably makes him less wary of her as a threat. Her meek and childishly naive role thus far in the series would also be another reason for LF not to suspect her.

The story was not made up. Game of Thrones soft cover page 548 Cersei to Sansa "Why else should you have come to me and told me of your father's plan to send you away from us, if not for love?" further down the page Sansa thinking to herself "So she went to the queen instead and poured out her heart, and Cersei had listened and thanked her sweetly"

Secondly timing was everything, and what Sansa did effected the timing and Ned obviously didn't want things to go down until his daughters were gone. Sansa and Arya would have left only hours after Cersei made her move, a move which Ned expected would come quickly after Roberts death but he could not know exactly when that would be. Game of Thrones page 524 Pycelle to Ned " My lord," he said,"King Robert is gone. The gods give him rest." Ned go's on to summon the council during the meeting Cersei summons the council and you know the rest. Would Cersei have made her move without Sansa, of course. But considering the quote i posted above of Cersei telling Tyrion and Sansa's info was very helpful I believe the point is she would not have struck that fast. If Sansa and Arya were gone Ned would never have confessed his supposed treason, who can say how that would have played out but he only needed to live until Tyrion got there and then his life would no longer have been in immediate danger. If Sansa and Arya had gotten out Catlyn would probably not have freed Jaime Lannister in her grief. You seem to be saying that Sansa disobeying her father and telling Cersei the plan of them leaving wasn't a betrayal because she didn't mean it to be that way. Yet Sansa describes herself as feeling wicked and defying her father. 548 "She was the good girl, the obedient girl, but she had felt as wicked as Arya that morning, sneaking away from Septa Mordane, defying her lord father." It seems to me Sansa knew she was betraying her father just not how badly she was betraying him. But if my father committed a crime which was somehow motivated by honorable intentions, and i proceeded to tell my friend thinking he would keep the secret, and my friend told the police and my father went to jail for life or got the death penalty would I not have betrayed him? The point is the intention doesn't really matter, she did it, it effected the outcome.

This just shows you completely misunderstood what went on. Ned had already told Cersei his plans, not Sansa. If planning was crucial then Ned totally screwed it up by revealing his plans to Cersei before his daughters were out of King's Landing. If he was that concerned over timing like you insist then that would have been done. Saying Sansa was 'betraying' him by going to Cersei doesn't add up because Ned had already awared Cersei of his plans. Furthermore, it completely ignores the reason Sansa went to Cersei in the first place. Sansa felt guilty because she usually did what she was told. Arya by contrast didn't. This had nothing to do with her feeling like a 'traitor' as much as you'd wish. She was rebelling from being docile and her one act of rebellion went sour. The quotes you've used have been spun out of context and ignores everything that happened timeline specific. And I already told you what Cersei was trying to do with that quote stated but it seems you'd rather go for a simplistic and inaccurate interpretation just to glorify Arya and bash Sansa.

Archived