The books coming out in 2013

Lord of Rhinos

Orbit US Fall 2013 / Winter 2014 catalog:

http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/CatalogOverview.aspx?catalogID=88857

Here is some information about Karen Miller:

RECORD-BREAKING DEBUT. One of the bestselling debuts of 2007, The Innocent Mage and The Awakened Mage hit numbers 2 and 4, respectively, on the Bookscan Mass Market Fantasy Bestseller List. The Innocent Mage has reprinted ten times and has sold over 150,000 copies.

Calibandar: No, I haven't found it yet. It should be up here:

http://www.orionbooks.co.uk/Information/Catalogues.page

RedEyedGhost: Sorry for bad English. I just ment to say that it's interesting how well Karen Miller is selling. There isn't much online discussion about her epic fantasy novels. I haven't read anything from Miller.

Calibandar: No, I haven't found it yet. It should be up here:

http://www.orionbooks.co.uk/Information/Catalogues.page

RedEyedGhost: Sorry for bad English. I just ment to say that it's interesting how well Karen Miller is selling. There isn't much online discussion about her epic fantasy novels. I haven't read anything from Miller.

Nothing wrong with your English, my comment was more to the fact that Orbit is trying using her past sales as some measurement of quality. I just kept it in the same format that you used to catch people's eyes. Sales don't equal quality, especially in Miller's case. Count yourself lucky that you haven't read her :thumbsup:

Haha. I liked her Godspeaker trilogy in a "I can't believe I'm reading this omg did that girl just get naked in a scorpian pit how do you have blue hair this can't get worse OMG IT DOES" sort of way/ I would never in a million years recommend it to people.

And her uh, wtf are they called.

Those mage books.

My. God.

It like being raped by the sun.

Haha. I liked her Godspeaker trilogy in a "I can't believe I'm reading this omg did that girl just get naked in a scorpian pit how do you have blue hair this can't get worse OMG IT DOES" sort of way/ I would never in a million years recommend it to people.

And her uh, wtf are they called.

Those mage books.

My. God.

It like being raped by the sun.

Sorry man, but after your "review" I am almost inclined to buy her books

Does anyone know if there's another Joe Abercrombie book planned for the future? 2013/2014. He's been writing one per year for the last few years, and I hope he keeps churning them out!

Not planned for this year or the next is the latest estimate on that,if you ask me.

See Joe's blog fore more info if you're interested.

Well, if the rat poison says "Do not Eat: Rat Poison" on it and you eat it anyway, I'm not liable.

:agree:

I've not 'read' much of her work, but what I have is terrible. I had the first book in the Godspeaker trilogy in audio. I did not finish, though I listened to well over half. It is the worst fantasy novel I've heard in a long time. There is not a single likeable character. Her battle/military tactics are worse than my 5-year old son's. It rambles, is overly long, and I there is no discernible point to any of it.

I just read a bit where a guy batters a women, and screams at her to open her legs, because she's only gave him six sons and too many "female flesh bags" (I'm guessing he means daughters) and it does seem terrible. Way too over the top to open a book with stuff like that, before I even know any of the characters.

There is a part of me that wants to keep reading, no matter how bad it is. It might even be a good thing. Read really crap books now and then so I'll appreciate well writen books all the more.

:agree:

I've not 'read' much of her work, but what I have is terrible. I had the first book in the Godspeaker trilogy in audio. I did not finish, though I listened to well over half. It is the worst fantasy novel I've heard in a long time. There is not a single likeable character. Her battle/military tactics are worse than my 5-year old son's. It rambles, is overly long, and I there is no discernible point to any of it.

And that's some of her better work.

(To be fair, though God knows why I am, you're supposed to hate all the characters in Godspeaker I believe. Something about writing the first book from the evil empires POV so when they show up later you're all like OMG THEY ARE SO EVIL..nice,um, idea, i guess?)

Well, if the rat poison says "Do not Eat: Rat Poison" on it and you eat it anyway, I'm not liable.

But why then did you take another big scoop after finishing a whole trilogy by starting another? Did you mayhaps develop stockholm syndrom after being raped multiple times by the sun?

Archived