LoneStarCon 2013

I think WOTK means to book the room and/or flights. Unless I missed something. Which is entirely plausible... (Yoko/Yoda?)

Muhahahahahaha - Just saw this. I am still snorting over your Yoko/Yoda insanity. That was sooo funny.

Of course, I have no idea why I think this is funny when you're kicking my tail in Trivie so much. :(

Flights are now booked! Woooo-hoooooo! I'm so happy about this, I'm not even going to gripe (well, much) about the total lack of direct flights.

Fenryng and I plan to arrive Wednesday afternoon, and depart Tuesday morning. Staying at the Rivercenter, if I didn't mention that before.

Now all we need to do is get our Hugo nomination ballots in asap...

So excited!!!

Last I checked, flight prices were still pretty reasonable. In fact southwest's fares just started posting... I'm using miles though. The prices to SAT in generally are pretty crappy from LAX.

and from oakland, sfo and san jose. Maybe I should try sac too.

Muhahahahahaha - Just saw this. I am still snorting over your Yoko/Yoda insanity. That was sooo funny.

Of course, I have no idea why I think this is funny when you're kicking my tail in Trivie so much. :(

That was between you and TMoW? LOL TMoW accidentally picked JR Ewing as the person who wrote The Hobbit! That one is now my favorite. Can't wait to see the both of you at LoneStar!!!

That was between you and TMoW? LOL TMoW accidentally picked JR Ewing as the person who wrote The Hobbit! That one is now my favorite. Can't wait to see the both of you at LoneStar!!!

No no no I accidentally picked JR Ewing instead of JK Rowling. :blush: They're gonna kick me out of Hogwarts!

My flights are booked. Arriving weds evening, leaving early tues morning. I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!

No no no I accidentally picked JR Ewing instead of JK Rowling. :blush: They're gonna kick me out of Hogwarts!

My flights are booked. Arriving weds evening, leaving early tues morning. I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about that! JK Rowling, JRR Tolkien and JR Ewing, same difference :lol: Can't wait to meet you!

Gah. I guess I better think about where to sleep. I don't plan on being in any condition to drive home in the evening :P

Thanks! Are you going? If so, where are you staying?

You three are bad influences. How can I miss this when y'all are going to be there, and I'll be bemoaning my staying home. I'm seriously considering.

RH, please come. We can go shopping and further indoctrinate Bai. into turning southern whilst she teaches us how to be Puerto Rican.

It will be a learning experience. :)

You three are bad influences. How can I miss this when y'all are going to be there, and I'll be bemoaning my staying home. I'm seriously considering.

RH, please come. We can go shopping and further indoctrinate Bai. into turning southern whilst she teaches us how to be Puerto Rican.

I will DIE if you come with to the con. You know, this is what's needed to convince Trisky there's really four of us. But he can only make sure if he attends himself. Calling Triskers!! Really, Ravenhair, PLEASE come!! We'll have a great, great time!!

Ooh I'm tagging along. Definitely. \m/ This Yankee wishes to broaden her horizons. It is known...

and from oakland, sfo and san jose. Maybe I should try sac too.

I'd recommend miles over dropping $400+ on the flight. Southwest was 25K for round trip, and same for united (both fly nonstop from LAX).

I'd recommend miles over dropping $400+ on the flight. Southwest was 25K for round trip, and same for united (both fly nonstop from LAX).

I don't fly enough to have miles. I'm looking at 550 + bags with a stop. blech oh wait...double that. TheRedwoman would be mad if I left her at home :)

I don't fly enough to have miles. I'm looking at 550 + bags with a stop. blech oh wait...double that. TheRedwoman would be mad if I left her at home :)

I received my Hugo pin today. Are there any categories for us to nominate GRRM? I haven't looked at the ballot yet. If you guys have and/or know, let me know. :)

There is a thread in the Literature forum about the Hugo nominations and what people are nominating. On the current last page of the thread is a summary of everything that has been named so far in that thread:

As for GRRM specific nominations, some are included in the thread linked above, but you can find some comments from GRRM himself about that in some of his more recent postings on his blog:

http://grrm.livejournal.com/

There is a thread in the Literature forum about the Hugo nominations and what people are nominating. On the current last page of the thread is a summary of everything that has been named so far in that thread:

http://asoiaf.wester...4/page__st__180

As for GRRM specific nominations, some are included in the thread linked above, but you can find some comments from GRRM himself about that in some of his more recent postings on his blog:

http://grrm.livejournal.com/

Thank you Lady Narcissa!!! :)

oh wait...double that. TheRedwoman would be mad if I left her at home :)

The rest of us would also be mad at you for leaving TheRedWoman behind! :whip:

Not that you would be foolish enough to do such a thing... :kiss:

The rest of us would also be mad at you for leaving TheRedWoman behind! :whip:

Not that you would be foolish enough to do such a thing... :kiss:

are you saying I"m whipped? <sigh> thank god you know i'm not foolish

Archived