LoneStarCon 2013

Ah, Domnhall has arrived! Yes he's been helping me in the workshop and will be coming with me to San Antonio. We'll have a booth in the dealer room this time. The big news is that there WILL be dragons at Worldcon... dragon coins that is! The scheduled release date is Sept 1.

I guess the cat's out of the bag on the gold dragons...

Oh, and look; I'm no longer a silhouette!! Yay!!

MoC, I'll never be able to afford one but the Golden Dragons sound really cool. I can't wait to see one.

That's why we're mainly doing them in brass! They will be affordable.

It's unfortunate that the story largely centers on the upper classes and that most economic transactions that are specifically mentioned are very large. In reality, most people in that world would never see (much less own) a gold dragon. When I do the silver coins I do them in real silver... and they are a bit pricey... but silver is still in the realm of the common-man. I'd prefer to stick with the real metals, but the price of gold is so stratospheric that doing the dragons only in gold would make them so exclusive that many many fans (not just you and me) would be utterly unable to ever acquire one. And that would just be sad. So... brasses for the masses! Actually we'll call it "aurichalcum" which is simply the ancient latin name for.... brass.

Guys' I've updated the first post with the attendee listing! :)

I'm pretty damn excited. I booked our hotel today at RiverWalk. The con hotel rates are gone but you can still stay at the hotels. Stupid me for not booking sooner.

Oh damn. I didn't realize they would do that. I was about to book my room last week and Iwas waiting for someone else to tell me if they had booked yet. Darn, darn, darn!

Oh damn. I didn't realize they would do that. I was about to book my room last week and Iwas waiting for someone else to tell me if they had booked yet. Darn, darn, darn!

I just checked and the booking link on the con's site and it's active with the con rates, same as I booked a few days after booking opened. Maybe it was a glitch?

Confirmed, Con rate is still going. If I keep making my reservations further and further in advance like a responsible person (instead of sleeping on Pod's floor), I may have to accept the fact that I've grown up and change my forum title. I suppose there's still time to forget to buy a plane ticket.

Only 158 more days to go!

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

...and counting! So excited!

If I keep making my reservations further and further in advance like a responsible person (instead of sleeping on Pod's floor), I may have to accept the fact that I've grown up and change my forum title. I suppose there's still time to forget to buy a plane ticket.

Awww, our Frisco is growing up. So proud of you! *sniff, sniff*

This also means that eventually I will be able to guilt trip YOU into doing stuff by saying you have to do it because you are "one of the responsible ones" lol.

LP,

Are you renting a car? San Antonio is about an hour and a half drive from Austin.

No-I've got friends that live in Austin and they are attending the con with us. I'm spending a few days there before the con and we are driving down/back together.

:)

Archived