"We were certain the bleeding star was the comet, what fools we were"

FittleLinger

I assume he meant the second comet that appeared around the time Dany's eggs hatched. Though how Aemon knew that this was when Dany's eggs hatched, I don't know. Nor do I know why he thought the second comet (Dany's comet) was the 'bleeding star' while at the same time dismissing the first comet (Aegon's comet). I guess if your first saviour dies, you immediately transfer all your prophecy signs to the next best thing.

The Bleeding Star is the Dawn sword (forged out of meteoric iron), when it turns red in the hands of Azor Ahai reborn.

the bleeding star is the sigil of ser patrek that wun weg wun dar wun killed ( jon snow AA) bowen marsh tears + smoke from wounds

I'm sorry, did you read my post? I asked what does Aemon think the bleeding star is in Daeneris Targaryen's case, not what you think the bleeding star is in any other case.

I'm sorry, did you read my post? I asked what does Aemon think the bleeding star is in Daeneris Targaryen's case, not what you think the bleeding star is in any other case.

Many Targayrens have prophetic dreams. Daemon Blackfyre and Daeron the Drunken (the son of Maekar) had them, so Aemon probably has them too. I think Aemon watched the future when he was slowly dying of fever.

Aemon meant the comet that was 'bleeding' during Aegon's(VI) birth. The "right" comet, is Dany's one, which we saw in a clash of kings.

Well, he would've said "that comet" or something like this, if he were referring to another comet. It just doesn't add up - we were fools, we thought the bleeding star is the comet, but then it turned out it was another comet. How and why were they fools then? The wording suggests that they were completely wrong in their parallel "bleeding star = comet".

Well, he would've said "that comet" or something like this, if he were referring to another comet. It just doesn't add up - we were fools, we thought the bleeding star is the comet, but then it turned out it was another comet. How and why were they fools then? The wording suggests that they were completely wrong in their parallel "bleeding star = comet".

It might be strange, but considering the fact Aemon was blind when the 2nd comet arrived, it makes sense.

Perhaps it is the War of the 5 Kings.

Stars have 5 points. The war caused Westeros to bleed. It left the realm in a weakened state, allowing Dany to sail in and take over.

In Westeros stars are usually painted with seven points.

I assume he meant the second comet that appeared around the time Dany's eggs hatched. Though how Aemon knew that this was when Dany's eggs hatched, I don't know. Nor do I know why he thought the second comet (Dany's comet) was the 'bleeding star' while at the same time dismissing the first comet (Aegon's comet). I guess if your first saviour dies, you immediately transfer all your prophecy signs to the next best thing.

Was that not the only comet there was?

If Rhaegar's birth (or being concieved, I don't remember) was in parallel with the tragedy of Summerhall, and there Egg was trying to hatch some dragon's egg, maybe Aemon, who was a maester and probably know a lot about dragons, legends and prophecies, was the one suggesting Aemon the right time to try hatching the egg.

When Rhaegar was born or concieved there was a comet (R was convinced he was AAR and the tPwwP), and Aemon and Egg maybe thought it was meant for them ("we were wrong").

Maester Aemon's thought process was kind of like this:

"We thought the bleeding star was the comet, so that fits the prophecy. We were wrong - i just had the sudden realization. The bleeding star is not the commet - it's something else, and I know what it is. This thing, along with smoke and salt lead me to believe Daenerys Targaryen is the PTWP. I need to get to her."

I want to know if there is any evidence or theories as of what this thing might be. The thing that maester Aemon believes to suddenly realize is the bleeding star, and is connected to Daenerys.

The Bleeding Star is the Dawn sword (forged out of meteoric iron), when it turns red in the hands of Azor Ahai reborn.

Hang on! You've just raised something which I have not seen mentioned anywhere else! But I would change it slightly.

If Dawn is the star, then the last time it had blood on it was when Ned and his six companions fought Arthur Dayne and the Kingsguard at the Tower of joy - when Jon was born.

Jon could therefore be said to have been born under the bleeding star.

Great lateral thinking, naming Dawn as the bleeding star.

Hang on! You've just raised something which I have not seen mentioned anywhere else! But I would change it slightly.

If Dawn is the star, then the last time it had blood on it was when Ned and his six companions fought Arthur Dayne and the Kingsguard at the Tower of joy - when Jon was born.

I was thinking of the exact same thing! You beat me to it. I also haven't seen it mentioned.

The bleeding star is either Dawn or Dayne himself.

This still doesn't my qustion from the OP though. It was an interesting thought anyway.

You know, if what you say about the bleeding being just real blood is true, that's another example of how shitty prophecies are: "the bleeding star was the sword Dawn that was bloodied at the moment (of course, the sword Dawn was bloodied all the time, since the Daynes used it to fight and kill), the smoke is the vapor coming out of the wounds (if the sword is bleeding, it has been used on somebody, isn`t it?), and the salt are the tears (you know, I bet a lot of people shed tears when skewered with Dawn)...so essentially, Azor Ahai will appear when somebody is wounded with Dawn, which has happened like a million times during the last thousand years"...and that's assuming you already know the meaning of each word of the prophecy...no wonder Marwyn distrust prophecies, they are useless...

You know, if what you say about the bleeding being just real blood is true, that's another example of how shitty prophecies are: "the bleeding star was the sword Dawn that was bloodied at the moment (of course, the sword Dawn was bloodied all the time, since the Daynes used it to fight and kill), the smoke is the vapor coming out of the wounds (if the sword is bleeding, it has been used on somebody, isn`t it?), and the salt are the tears (you know, I bet a lot of people shed tears when skewered with Dawn)...so essentially, Azor Ahai will appear when somebody is wounded with Dawn, which has happened like a million times during the last thousand years"...and that's assuming you already know the meaning of each word of the prophecy...no wonder Marwyn distrust prophecies, they are useless...

No, but the prophecy doesn't say that Azor Ahai will be born every time there is a bleeding star, or every time that there is salt and smoke in a particular location.

It just says that when he is born, those circumstances will happen to be in place.

No, but the prophecy doesn't say that Azor Ahai will be born every time there is a bleeding star, or every time that there is salt and smoke in a particular location.

It just says that when he is born, those circumstances will happen to be in place.

But what's the point of prophecy, if it doesn't help you predict the future? Why not just saying "Azor Ahai will be reborn and save our asses" period?.

Archived