"We were certain the bleeding star was the comet, what fools we were"

FittleLinger

These sudden realizations never seize to amaze me. Another oh-my-god moment. Thank you.

As I said earlier, I like more my theory that we will recognize Azor Ahai because Dawn turns red in his hand (like Stannis' fake Lightbringer), since, if it were real blood on the blade, it wouldn't be of any help (Dawn gets bloodied all the time, since the Daynes use it to fight).

I personally just think that the whole promising of princes is bollox :) Old religious story from a land far far away, crudely translated and interpreted by a man from a family that is known to be very prone to mental disorders.

Said religious story is only really considered by a religious fanatic (Mel) and members of above mentioned family (Targs). Further, the story is vague enough for Mel to be certain it's Stannis, Aemon to be certain it was Rhaegar, Rheagar to be certain it was Aegon, and the readers of the book to interpret its parts as anything and everything from swords, men, sigils, comets, seawater, tears, water vapour, etc etc..

Mel will never find her AA, Danny will complete her journey to targ madness and Jon may or may not fight the the others. But if he does he'll do it as regular old Jon, not as a flaming sword wielding superhero :)

the bleeding star is the sigil of ser patrek that wun weg wun dar wun killed ( jon snow AA) bowen marsh tears + smoke from wounds

GRRM lost a football bet to a friend of his named Patrick. For winning, his friend Patrick got written into the books with his sigil being a silver star on a blue background (like the Dallas Cowboys). GRRM had the last laugh when Ser Patreck was killed by Wun Wun, who is named after Phil Simms jersey number of 11 (one one=Wun Wun). I doubt GRRM's grand scheme would hinge on a lost football bet that wasn't even made until after CoK was written.

OP... I buy into the theory that Aemon was privy to some prophetic knowledge that hasn't yet occured in his final moments OR that the War of the 5 kings was the bleeding star.

GRRM lost a football bet to a friend of his named Patrick. For winning, his friend Patrick got written into the books with his sigil being a silver star on a blue background (like the Dallas Cowboys). GRRM had the last laugh when Ser Patreck was killed by Wun Wun, who is named after Phil Simms jersey number of 11 (one one=Wun Wun). I doubt GRRM's grand scheme would hinge on a lost football bet that wasn't even made until after CoK was written.

OP... I buy into the theory that Aemon was privy to some prophetic knowledge that hasn't yet occured in his final moments OR that the War of the 5 kings was the bleeding star.

i never heared that s--t if he put in for a bet i thought snow coming back AA next book

Pretty sure Jon is just going to be in the infirmary for a while then back in action. And since it would be extremely cheap to get him out of his vows via resurrection, he wont be Undead.

Agreed. I don't think GRRM can kill off another loved character until the last book. Sooner or later, good guys have to start catching some breaks.

Archived