Darrio Naharis cast- Ed Skrein

tyrions sliced nose

I think Darrio is perfectly cast. Being able to act the part is more important than looking the part.

I guess I can see Ed as Daario once hes in character and everything. However, the other guy, Jacob, I am not seeing as an Unsullied at all.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Really did not picture Daario like this. I actually like him as a character.

Ed Skrein seems like a really arrogant person judging from the video on youtube. He constantly looked over the interviewer and could not hold eye contact for longer than 10 seconds. That is not just arrogant but rude.

And yes I know many people think of Daario as arrogant, I don't personally but in any case not like that.

Thanks guys :)

I wasn't trying to accuse them of whitewashing, I honestly didn't remember how he had been described and I always pictured him as more dark skinned. And I remember the casting director had said that... well...

Where is Daario from anyway?

I think he's from Braavos, which is multi-ethnic but probably more white due to being the northermost of the free cities.

its ok. Daario doesn't have to be a sexy beast, its just his attitude that really gets Dany, and sometimes girl like people who others don't really find that good. Also Daario is a hateable character, and fans will not only hate the character, but also Dany for falling in love with him, abit like we do.

I like Grey Worm too.

I wonder if they will go ahead with the blue beard, blue hair and golden mustache. Might make him look like a cartoon lol. GRRM needs to go easy with the coloring.

Daario is from Tyrosh. I don't know why anyone would think he's from Braavos? I expected better from a self-professed book purist! :P The Braavosi loathe slavery; the Stormcrows, the sellsword company Daario is part of, were hired by slavers to uphold slavery. No Braavosi would be found amongst them.

I think Darrio is perfectly cast. Being able to act the part is more important than looking the part.

I think it's a good casting decision personality-wise. What I question is why the role was given to a white actor when the casting call specified non-white actors...

Ed Skrein is perfect. I want to punch him in the face already, and I've only seen a picture. I think that means he'll do fine as Daario.

ETA I do wish they'd stuck to their non-white casting call... diversity is good.

He's certainly a handsome guy but.. all these Essos castings of lately, for slavers and captains etc.. they seem too "western" too me, too Westeros. Too caucasian, so to say. Am I wrong to imagine these characters to be darker, with more pronnounced features then your average westeros male / female?

They are doing it based on acting ability, availibility and more importantly BUDGET. I wanted JRM of "The Tudors" to play Daario. Daario is from Tyrosh so he is caucasian and they are filming in the area of Morocco known for people who are Arabic, Black, Brown and Red.

They changed things up by having a Black Daxos and Black Saan, again it is abillity and cost that matter not how they look.

I think he will do great, even though there are things I like and hate about Daario.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Really did not picture Daario like this. I actually like him as a character.

Ed Skrein seems like a really arrogant person judging from the video on youtube. He constantly looked over the interviewer and could not hold eye contact for longer than 10 seconds. That is not just arrogant but rude.

And yes I know many people think of Daario as arrogant, I don't personally but in any case not like that.

Uh, that's quite shallow of you. Because of one interview you've decided that Skrein is arrogant and rude? How was he rude in the interview? He answered the questions and was most likely nervous, hence why he looked away. Many people do this.

Archived