Darrio Naharis cast- Ed Skrein

tyrions sliced nose

akajea is right, he's described as being paler than Jorah in the books. So it's not whitewashing, per se... But the casting directors did ask for "any ethnicity but caucasian", so I'm a bit disappointed.

If he was so good that he made the directors change their mind, that can only be a GOOD thing. I think he'll be amazing.

I'm A-OK with this casting. He seems like he could play twat effortlessly. Give him a tan, some blue hair, and a gold tooth and he'll be great. I am also a fan of the Grey Worm casting. Idk I guess I just have complete faith in GOT casting. They've done a good job so far.

I took one look at his smug face and wanted to punch it.

He's perfect :thumbsup:

EDIT:

Ed Skrein is perfect. I want to punch him in the face already, and I've only seen a picture. I think that means he'll do fine as Daario.

LOL, we think alike. He's just got one of those faces I guess, doesn't he? I'd say poor guy, but it's probably what got him cast in the first place :drunk:

I took one look at his smug face and wanted to punch it.

He's perfect :thumbsup:

Exactly. Not how I imagined but I think he'll become the "bad boy" of the series who steals a few hearts, both in the story and amongst female viewers. Just like Daario.

Put him in costume with two obscene dagger hilts/pommels and I think he'll be solid.

I think it's too early to tell if this casting is bad or not. It all comes down to the makeup and the wigs. He definately has that angry and sly look in his facial expressions (especially his eyes) that I picture Daario with, so I think it can work out really well.

My problem is that he shouldn't have even been auditioning for the role in the first place.

They may have asked for black people, but it could just be they already had a load of white people that already tryed out, and wanted to give everyone a shot.

I wanted Idris Alba so i am going to be dissapointed no matter what.

i understand they probably didnt want to change a white guy to a black guy, due to racist outrage, being that i am part black i would of had no problem with it, and biased cus i was rooting for it lol.

the guy playing him seems very hateable

Daario easily could have been a non caucasion character in the show. They've changed those things before and may have been looking at actors of different races for him. But casting is about more than looks. They also have to take into account how that actor fits into that character personality wise and chemistry with the other actors. Maybe he and Emilia Clarke had enough chemistry together in screen tests that the producers changed their minds about his race in the show.

I don't quite understand why people are so upset that they cast a white guy as Daario. In the books he's described as a blue eyed, fair skinned man. Not that I think it really matters, Daario could easily be played by someone who wasn't white.

The only possible problem with that is that in book 5 some characters of Westerosi origin disguise themselves as Tyroshi.

I agree with the people who think Daario needs to look like someone you want to punch in the face. His sole accomplishment, besides enticing Dany, is betraying and murdering his partners then breaking his oath to his employers.

I don't quite understand why people are so upset that they cast a white guy as Daario. In the books he's described as a blue eyed, fair skinned man. Not that I think it really matters, Daario could easily be played by someone who wasn't white.

The only possible problem with that is that in book 5 some characters of Westerosi origin disguise themselves as Tyroshi.

I agree with the people who think Daario needs to look like someone you want to punch in the face. His sole accomplishment, besides enticing Dany, is betraying and murdering his partners then breaking his oath to his employers.

The cast is already filled with white actors. A little bit of diversity would be wonderful.

Archived