Darrio Naharis cast- Ed Skrein

tyrions sliced nose

I do find it strange they went with somebody who actual resembles the pale-skined blue-eyed description given of Daario. It certainly seems like they wanted to racebend the role, and they have not shied from that in the past. That being said the guy is a former criminal and apparently in good enough shape to swim the English channel and bike from Cornwall to the North of Scotland. Daario's supposed to be slim and wiry rather than bulky so his more athletic build works. And speaking of racebanding, given how poorly conceived their character od Xaro was and how little used Saan was, I really wish they had used Lucian Msamati as Brown Ben and Nonso Alonzie might have been a little you but he's huge and heavy set just like Moqorro. really wish theyed thought ahead with those two actors

Sorry, Dany, but Daario being hot was the one thing that might make me understand your obsession with him.

And I don't find this guy hot at all, even if they put hair on him. Personal preference, of course. Partly because I'm disappointed with him being white. Regardless of what he was in the books, they said they didn't want a white guy to play the part.

I was searching in the books where is said this, buti i didn't find it. Can you help me? Thanks.....

I can't give you the quote nor the page, but they were compared in Dany's mind.

Daario was fair where Jorah was swarthy, he was lean and smooth skinned whereas Jorah was burly and hairy. The quote isn't 100 % accurate, but it is along those lines.

I never liked Daario as a character and his description with the blue hair everywhere and even blue nails made me go yuck :ack:

and when he opened his mouth I wanted to punch him in the face.

Then I saw Skrein and thought "hey - you're hot"

Then he smiled and I wanted to punch him in the face as several of you mentioned already.

Ergo; This can be very good indeed!

Especially if the make up turns out okay - can't imagine what they will do with all the...blue?

Lester?! Awesome suggestion! I can't believe I haven't thought of him yet.

I cannot picture anyone else in that role :P And Peters lives in the UK which is a major advantage in nabbing him... I actually kind of hope they expand Plumm's role a bit to score him. He could bring a whole new level to a minor character who always rather interested me.

The cast is already filled with white actors. A little bit of diversity would be wonderful.

Well for most part they are just following the lore of the world. I always thought it was silly to have diversity, just for the sake of diversity. But of course there are some actors who has been made black, and there will probably be some more.

Well for most part they are just following the lore of the world. I always thought it was silly to have diversity, just for the sake of diversity. But of course there are some actors who has been made black, and there will probably be some more.

I'd rather have diversity for the sake of diversity than racism for the sake of 'following the lore of the world'.

Having a character that was originaly white be white isn't racism though. Changing a character of color to white would however bee unfourtunate. I wouldn't have cared if they racebent Daario, the same way I don't care that they did Xaro and Saan. Of course I didn't like how they used those characters and as I mentioned above, I think both actors would have been perfect for other parts of color later in the series. Well okay Nonzo Alonzie may be a little young for Moqqoro but was perfect in everyother way. He's not got the "belly like a boulder" either but he is husky. Really wish his part had been better written, seems a waste of a good talent with a great look.

Archived