Mance

redriver

Left the Night's Watch.

United a disparate multitude,through badassery.

Led them all south.

Got them beyond the Wall.

Married the sister of the coolest babe in Westeros.

Got her with child,the sister I mean.

Watched himself being burned.

Undertook a suicide mission whilst cleaning his nails.

Chose a bunch of prozzies from Mole Town to assist him on said mission.

Sits singing songs in the presence of the most evil people in all of Westeros and ad-libs the words,ad libs the words I say.

Is there a cooler dude in Westertos?I say this from a manly admiration perspective.

?

Stannis is a cooler dude.

But Mance is pretty high up there as well.

Had a rep for being a damn good ranger.

Still protected the realms of men while he was part of the Free Folk.

Mance is definately up there but there is one thing I must say.... Hodor! Hodor hoooooodor!

All kiding aside, I am very much interested in finding out his fate in TWOW. I have a feeling that GRRM still has plans for him. Hopefully he is not flayed by the Bastard of Bolton. I wouldn't mind if he had a POV chapter, even if it's in the prologue or epilogue.

Mance is pretty damn cool, but it gets undermined by a little bit of a "Darkstar Douche" streak.

Jon comments that while he is admirable in some ways, he is also a man who plainly loves to hear the sound of his own voice.

He just tries a little too hard, he will boast a bit too much, and then try to play "fake humble" - there's just something a little fake about him.

Mance is pretty damn cool, but it gets undermined by a little bit of a "Darkstar Douche" streak.

Jon comments that while he is admirable in some ways, he is also a man who plainly loves to hear the sound of his own voice.

He just tries a little too hard, he will boast a bit too much, and then try to play "fake humble" - there's just something a little fake about him.

Nothing fake about the battle between him and Jon, Snow got his arse handed to him.

Nothing fake about the battle between him and Jon, Snow got his arse handed to him.

i think this scene was included purely to make it more significant in the end when Jon Snow does kill him. Not what i want to see happen mind you but i think thats where they were going with that

Is there a cooler dude in Westertos?I say this from a manly admiration perspective.

It pleases me that someone is finally asking these hard-hitting questions. Of course, there is no one cooler than Mance "I tasted the Dornishman's wife and he was happy to get his ass kicked by me afterward" Rayder. He's too good for this world, honestly.

He bluffed everyone that he had the Horn of Joramun and could bring down the wall, when all he really had was an oversized horn he found in a hole. And everyone fell for it.

Archived