Intriguing Quaithe Quote

I just watched episode 5 again and Ser Jorah asks Quaithe who she is, to which she replies "no one". Perhaps I'm reading to much into this but does not this very response to that question have some significance? I will have to check if that is faithful to their conversation as per the book. Thoughts? Valar morghulis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't doubt it, as this episode has MANY hidden tidbits which are meant to be overlooked. Notice the pink cloaks in Harrenhal? Aren't Lannister men supposed to wear red ones? But there are pink cloaks in Harrenhal in the books. I need to watch it again because there were at least 3 other things like this that I saw in EP205 that I can't remember.

An obvious one is that Tywin knows it is Arya.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

In ACOK Tywin and Arya never interact..I thought she was Roose Bolton's cupbearer..but I could be wrong..I did recently watch this episode and my brother (who is watching the series for the first time) asked me if Quaithe was Melisandre? I had to tell him I have no clue, but it would certainly be interesting if that was the case... it is definitely an interesting theory that may be worth looking into...I do believe they have the same kind of magic and are both shadowbinders from Ashai so it seems like a possibility.

• 3 weeks later...

Tywin knows Ayra is someone, that she is of at least upper middle class origin, he also suspects she may be a spy, but Tywin is very distracted, he is busy conducting a war, remember, so he does not get to the bottom of things. He does give her some false clues when leaving Harranhal, though.

Archived