"I just bought" part 6

Calibandar

Couldn't find an old thread that hadn't been closed, so here's a new one.

Recent acquisitions:

Some kind of Fairy Tale-Graham Joyce

Canada- Richard Ford

The Cove-Ron Rash

Dog Stars- Peter Heller

Crackpot Palace- Ford

Trolls-Froud ( new artbook)

The Snow Child- Eowyn Ivey

Wind through the Keyhole-King

The Croning-Laird Barron ( horror)

Visitants: Stories of Fallen Angels and Heavenly Hosts

Got a gift certificate to amazon and just purchased:

Wolf Hall by Hillary Mantel

Blade of Tyshalle by Stover

A Betrayal in Winter by Abraham

Warriors Anthology by GRRM and Dozois

The Grass Crown by McCullough

Best Served Cold by Abercrombie

Legend by Gemmell (still have never read any Gemmell)

Tales of the Dying Earth by Vance

Here be Dragons by Penman

I'll join in:

Tower of Midnight-Jordan

The Belgariad, Vol. 1-Eddings

The Drowned Cities-Bacigalupi

Thone of Glass-Sarah Maas

Scourge of the Betrayer-Jeff Salyards

The Hammer and the Blade-Paul S. Kemp

Plodding though Jordan for right now.

-30% (Not a big deal, but to me it is!)

Márai Sándor: A teljes napló 1943–1944 (The Complete Diary)

Márai Sándor: A teljes napló 1945

Márai Sándor: A teljes napló 1946

Márai Sándor: A teljes napló 1947

Márai Sándor: A teljes napló 1948

Márai Sándor: A teljes napló 1949

Márai Sándor: A teljes napló 1950-51

Márai Sándor: A teljes napló 1952-53

Márai Sándor: A teljes napló 1954-56

Márai Sándor: A teljes napló 1957-58

Márai Sándor: A teljes napló 1959–1960

Strabo: Geographica (Hungarian edition) - used, it was cca. $10 :D

recently...

physical copies

1. the reality dysfunction- hamilton

2. pump 6 and other stories- paolo b.

3. caliban's war- corey

kindle

1. archetype- our boardmate simon steele

2. lies and red seas- lynch

comics

1. saga 1-4 bkv

2. prophet 21-26

3. ignition city- wellis

God Delusion by Richard Dawkins.

I wish some people could get me an amazon gift card so I can go buy a few books

I've always wanted to read that, please let me know what you think? And I second your statement. Amazon gift cards would be most welcome here.

The book I most recently bought was The Kingmaker's Daughter by Philippa Gregory. I had a huge buying spree this month so I'm trying not to buy any more books until I've read my huge pile. This will be a challenge :lol:

-30% (Not a big deal, but to me it is!)

Márai Sándor: A teljes napló 1943–1944 (The Complete Diary)

Márai Sándor: A teljes napló 1945

Márai Sándor: A teljes napló 1946

Márai Sándor: A teljes napló 1947

Márai Sándor: A teljes napló 1948

Márai Sándor: A teljes napló 1949

Márai Sándor: A teljes napló 1950-51

Márai Sándor: A teljes napló 1952-53

Márai Sándor: A teljes napló 1954-56

Márai Sándor: A teljes napló 1957-58

Márai Sándor: A teljes napló 1959–1960

Strabo: Geographica (Hungarian edition) - used, it was cca. $10 :D

I don't know what this post means.

-30% (Not a big deal, but to me it is!) Márai Sándor: A teljes napló 1943–1944 (The Complete Diary) Márai Sándor: A teljes napló 1945 Márai Sándor: A teljes napló 1946 Márai Sándor: A teljes napló 1947 Márai Sándor: A teljes napló 1948 Márai Sándor: A teljes napló 1949 Márai Sándor: A teljes napló 1950-51 Márai Sándor: A teljes napló 1952-53 Márai Sándor: A teljes napló 1954-56 Márai Sándor: A teljes napló 1957-58 Márai Sándor: A teljes napló 1959–1960 Strabo: Geographica (Hungarian edition) - used, it was cca. $10 :D
I don't know what this post means.

He bought some books in Hungarian!

I've always wanted to read that, please let me know what you think? And I second your statement. Amazon gift cards would be most welcome here.

The book I most recently bought was The Kingmaker's Daughter by Philippa Gregory. I had a huge buying spree this month so I'm trying not to buy any more books until I've read my huge pile. This will be a challenge :lol:

I'll try and remember. It might be awhile till I read it though being that I have to read a bunch of stuff for school.

Went to Chicago. The Dealer's room was like an opium den. I also attended a seminar on Canadian genre writers, since my lack of knowledge of Canadian SciFi and Fantasy writers is shameful.

So, Canadian books I bought on the weekend:

Three Robert J. Sawyer books, his trilogy: Wake, Watch and Wonder.

The last two in the annual Canadian SciFi short story compendium: Tesseracts Sixteen, Parnassus Unbound, and Tesseracts Fifteen, A Case of Quite Curious Tales

The publisher of Tesseracts, Edge Science Fiction and Fantasy Publishing, also added an Australian to their lists, and several people said his books were great reads, so since he was right there at the stand I bought K. A. Bedford'sTime Machines Repaired While-U-Wait and Paradox Resolution, with personalized signatures from the author as a bonus.

Since Leigh Bardugo was there, I went searching for a copy of Shadow and Bone, but none was to be had in the Dealer room. But I went up to chat to her anyway (and btw, she's drop dead gorgeous and a lovely person to boot) and she told me she just happened to have one extra copy of the book with her which I promptly bought and she signed for me.

GRRM must have has a sore wrist, because every dealer came to him with every single copy they had of his books, so I bought signed paperback copies of ACOK, ASOS, and AFFC, there were no GOT copies available. And also Songs of Love and Death and Suicide Kings. And since Ron Donachie (Ser Rodrik Cassel) was there, I got his signature too, which made sense in the ASOIAF books, but not the other two, but what the hell, eh?

And just before Chicago, I bought The Keeper of Lost Causes by Jussi Adler-Olsen which I am reading now and Wayne Johnston's (Canadian author of The Colony of Unrequited Dreams) A World Elsewhere, which I am also reading at the same time, and is just great so far.

ETA: Oh, I missed one book, A Shadow in Summer by Daniel Abraham. I meant to get him to sign it, but I went to a seminar and just missed the signing. I bought it on the recommendation of Ser Scot Ellison, as a good starting point, since I have not read any of his books.

/sp

I've just bought:

Doktor Glas, a novel by the Swedish author Hjalmar Söderberg. It was published in 1905, and tells the story of a physician in 19th century Sweden who deals with moral and love issues.

Naiv. Super, by the Norweigan writer Erlend Loe.

Vägen (The Road), by the American novelist Cormac McCarthy.

Kallocain, Karin Boye. It's a classic Swedish dystopian novel, published in 1940.

Heaven's Needle, by the American writer Liane Merciel.

Eric, by the English super-novelist, Sir Terry Pratchett.

Crime and Punishment, by the Russian author Fyodor Dostoyevsky. It was originally published in 1866.

Slaktare små, by the Swedish fantasy-novelist Erik Granström. Slaktare means butcher, and små means small/little/tiny.

Udda verklighet, by the Swedish novelist Nene Ormes. The title literally means "Odd reality".

Fred så gyllene, by the Swedish author Stefan Hagel, i.e. me :thumbsup:. (It's my debut, and the title can be translated to "Peace so Golden". By the way, this is only a sample. The real stuff is actually published quite soon, on September 21th.)

Archived