Jon Snow is Azor Ahai (the text proofs)

Jon's Queen Consort

My only issue with Jon being AAR is that I can't see him as a champion of R’hllor. He's a northerner through and through, a champion of the old gods. Of course, I have no idea what the future holds for him or whether he'll undergo a fundamental shift in allegiance, but for now I have trouble seeing it.

There's still the possibility, as I've seen mentioned around these forums, that Azor Ahai is just a bastardization (no pun intended) of the Last Hero myth, and that this "savior" figure isn't really a fire champion at all.

i kinda can see it . just because Mel and other Red Priests burn people doesnt mean its what R'hllor wants ... just look on TODAYS Christianity or Islam many of its followers do stupid stuff and claim

thats the religion they believe in .

Hitler himself took on Jews , because he found Jesus' quote saying something about fighting the Jews (yea thats not the only reason but nvm that)

the further you look beck in time the worse it gets

long story short : i dont think we should say who R'hllor is or what he wants becouse Mel said so .

I personally think it is possible that Azor Ahai is more than one person. If it is Targaryen based (even though I don't think Stannis is AA, he still has Targ blood), then I think 'the dragon has three heads' is relevant.

I thought "the dragon must have three heads" was a Targaryan thing, not an AA thing.

• 2 weeks later...

My whole problem with the majority of the 'evidence' for the Jon Snow= Azor Ahai comes from Melisandre, and from her visions specifically. A lot of this is based on the fact that she is confused because she doesn't get a glimpse of Stannis when she's looking for AA in her flames. However, this entire argument is founded on the idea that R'hllor actually gives reliable visions, or even exists, given that we see no evidence of his power outside the actions of his priests. Furthermore, Melisandre is questionable with her flame interpretations (Arya fleeing her marriage, for example).

I find the J=AA theory interesting, and post-aDwD there could be some very strong evidence for J=AA depending on how things are resolved, especially if Jon is to survive, he may be 'reborn' which is in connection with the whole AA thing, as the previous evidence of Melisandre's prophecy says that AA will be born amid salt and smoke (which sounds more like bacon than a person).

Personally, I think that everyone should just leave the prophecies alone. As Tyrion said, "Prophecy is like a half-trained mule. It looks as though it might be useful, but the moment you trust in it, it kicks you in the head."

• 1 month later...

I don't know, it might be Dany since she has woken dragons out of petrified eggs.

Dany is the Great Red Herring. She's the diversion to get people to think she's AAR and not Jon. She's too obvious. Both Aemon and a Red Priest, from Voltanis, say she's AAR/TPTWP. But as wise as he is, Aemon is wrong about Dany being AAR/TPTWP.

Archived