Is the right of conquest void while Danny is alive?

I dont understand how Stannis is the rightful King by conquest while danny is alive (or Ageon/jon but we will see about their Targayen roots)? i was under the impression that in order to be the rightful king need to either wipe out the other ruling family or make them bend the knee ie. Ageon the conquerer with the royalty of westeros during the conquest of westeros. Dany (or one of the other Targaryen children) never bent their knees so once they raise their banner doesn't it void any claim Stannis has? And if Stannis knew about danny he is kinda throwing away his whole honer thing. Any thoughts? ^_^

There aren't set rules for right of conquest; who would create those rules? why would any lawgiver create a law detailing what has to do a guy to lawfully take the throne from him?

The right of conquest goes like this: "I beat the former king and proved that I'm stronger; that makes the throne rightfully mine, by right of conquest...Of course, nobody has the right to do the same to me and my descendants, that would be an usurper".

Archived