Moments of Foreshadowing 2

Ice Turtle

AGOT, pg. 347:

"Tyrion shivered. Now there was a nasty suspicion. Perhaps the direwolf and the lion were not the only beasts in the woods, and if that was true, someone was using him as a catspaw."

Perhaps this is foreshadowing the revelation that Littlefinger is the one who had Jon Arryn killed and manipulated the Starks and Lannisters into fighting each other.

The gates of the Citadel were flanked by a pair of towering green sphinxes with the bodies of lions, the wings of eagles, and the tails of serpents.

It's interesting that those sphinxes have attributes of four great houses - green is color of house Tyrell, not to mention that it's associated with house Gardener, lion and eagle are sigils and snakes are often associated with house Martell.

The gates of the Citadel were flanked by a pair of towering green sphinxes with the bodies of lions, the wings of eagles, and the tails of serpents.

It's interesting that those sphinxes have attributes of four great houses - green is color of house Tyrell, not to mention that it's associated with house Gardener, lion and eagle are sigils and snakes are often associated with house Martell.

The Citadel has maesters from

House Tyrell with Maester Gormon- green

House Lannister with Maester Theomore-lion

Sand Snakes with Sarella-Alleras-snake

we could expect a maester from House Mallister whose sigil is an eagle

This may have been already been discussed, but:

"I dreamt of a man without a face, waiting on a bridge that swayed and swung. On his shoulder perched a drowned crow with seaweed hanging from his wings."

I always took this to imply that Euron hired the FM to murder Balon, thus instigating the KIngsmoot and allowing him to seize control of the Ironborn. As opposed to it just referring to his symbolism as king.

"I dreamt of a man without a face, waiting on a bridge that swayed and swung. On his shoulder perched a drowned crow with seaweed hanging from his wings."

I always took this to imply that Euron hired the FM to murder Balon, thus instigating the KIngsmoot and allowing him to seize control of the Ironborn. As opposed to it just referring to his symbolism as king.

Oh bless you.

But yeah that's exactly what it means. Euron hired a Faceless Man to kill Balon.

I always wondered why it is a drowned crow. There have been some speculations that Euron is undead like Beric.

Don't remember the exact conversation but when Tywin and Tyrion were talking about Stannis (I think Cersei was there too) Tywin says "This is Stannis Baratheon, the man will fight to the bitter end and then some"

Could Stannis eventually become a wight ? ( I don't want that personally.. I like Stannis :) )

Has it been discussed that GRRM sets up Jamie Lannister an even better swordsman with his one hand. I think GRRM sets this up in the dialogue of when Jon or whomever is thinking how Qhorin Halfhand became a greater fighter with his other hand

"One skinchanger can always sense another. Mance should have let me take the direwolf. There would be a second life worthy of a king. He could have done it, he did not doubt. The gift was strong in Snow, but the youth was untaught, still fighting his nature when he should have gloried in it."

Think about it.

"One skinchanger can always sense another. Mance should have let me take the direwolf. There would be a second life worthy of a king. He could have done it, he did not doubt. The gift was strong in Snow, but the youth was untaught, still fighting his nature when he should have gloried in it."

Think about it.

Mind-f*cking-blown!

By the way whose words are those?

ETA: Found it, it's Varamyr.

Someone else pointed it out in another thread but I can't for the life of me recall which one. And agreed, a genuine "omfg" moment.

He is warging into Ghost, he is warging into Ghost, he is warging into Ghost! I'm so f*ckin excited I can't believe it haha.

Not that it wasn't a possibility from the beginning, but this, and Mel's vision - man-wolf-man pretty much confirms it to me. I can't believe all brilliant minds on this forum hadn't caught this (not sarcastic), thank you Apple.

Now, we have who saying that - Varamyr. And what happens to him? He dies in a prologue. And what does this prologue actually do plotwise - it shows us the technicalities of warging and more specifically the death issue - that someone can warg upon his death and how it actually happens.

Let's assume that he does warg into Ghost, and we didn't have Varamyr's prologue. We would all be like, "Oh, so you can do that upon death? That's cool I guess". But now we have this explained through Varamyr. That's it, I'm convinced 100%.

Yeah, but when the body dies, the spirit can't go back into it and stays forever in its familiar.... so I really hope Jon's just really badly injured and while unconscious spends time in Ghost, and eventually returns in his own body...

ETA: Forgot to mention that resurrecting his body while his spirit is in Ghost probably wouldn't work, because, as Black Crow put it, no one's home.

"Kill the boy, and let the man be born."

If we consider Jon's decision to leave the Wall and go to Winterfell because a psychotic maniac calls him bastard a few times in a letter childish, and if we assume that was the catalyst of his brothers stabbing him, isn't that exactly what happened? They killed the boy? He killed the boy with his own actions?

Archived