Roberts Bastards

The WarHammer

^ Not necessarily. I got the impression from the books that Gendry looks a lot like Robert did as a young man. Could be the resemblance is strong enough that Stannis wouldn't be able to go through with the sacrifice. It would be like burning his brother. Also, keeping Gendry around can help prove that Tommen and Myrcella are not Robert's children. Since Edric Storm isn't in Westeros anymore, Gendry can be exhibit A.

^ Not necessarily. I got the impression from the books that Gendry looks a lot like Robert did as a young man. Could be the resemblance is strong enough that Stannis wouldn't be able to go through with the sacrifice. It would be like burning his brother. Also, keeping Gendry around can help prove that Tommen and Myrcella are not Robert's children. Since Edric Storm isn't in Westeros anymore, Gendry can be exhibit A.

and Mya is exhibit B.

• 4 weeks later...

For normal people, your argument holds, not for a hardboiled egg like Stannis. He refrained to say 'my beloved brother' in that letter he sent to all lords. From what I inferred about Stannis's feelings towards Robert, he will not restrain from burning Gendry for any similarities he share with Robert. Stannis is more likely to spare Gendry for being a good smith than being his bastard nephew.

Things that would stop him from burning Gendry could be: as a proof to Cersei's infidelity, or as possible heir to Storm's End (in case Shireen is dead and Stannis himself face uncertain future), or because Gendry now supports the Rh'llor.

I haven't read all posts in this thread, but I wonder if Arya would come across Edric Storm, learn he is Robert's bastard(Edric will tell easily), see resemblance with Gendry and realize who Gendry is?

As to Mya, I would like Gendry, Brienne and Pod going to the Vale, and Gendry meeting his half-sister (and know she is his half-sister), and both of them becoming happy to find some family.

Maybe Edric will meet Arya on her travels.....and he will remind her of Gendry...and she will piece together who Gendry is. Although what she will do with this information is anybody's guess. But I still think Edric's a goner....

I'm also not convinced that all the Bastard's are dead, Robert did get around.....

I also wonder too if there are other minor characters that are Robert Bastards that we have read about but haven't piece together yet....I'm looking at you, Satin. :cool4:

I just posted above before seeing this, I have the same guess about Edric-Arya meeting, too.

Love the satin possibility!! It would be so lovely, with him dreaming of Robert coming to save them and all. Also, he would be Renly's nephew.

Satin didn't dream of Robert coming to rescue them , it was Owen the Oaf.. “I had a dream that the king had come,” Owen said happily. “Maester Aemon sent a raven, and King Robert came with all his strength. I dreamed I saw his golden banners.”

I suspect Satin to be the bastard of Baelor Hightower. There are distinct similarities in their physical descriptions , besides other odd , subtle clues ... e.g. Baelor is currently said to be busy building ships and when watching Mance's turtle being built, Satin thinks it looks like a boat...

• 2 months later...

Hard to say. In any case, it's pretty sure GRRM won't leave us with the seven kingdoms all under one king. And the times are ripe enough for several Martin-Septim-esque figures to pop up. And no matter what the Stormlands need a lord. Lots of room for Baratheons kids to play in.

I've got to agree that at least one of the male bastards will end up as a Lord. Maybe even marry Shireen if she is not given to the flames for Jon Snow.

If stannis takes the throne they would heir.

The realm would never stand for a bastard king, Targ blood or other.

I don't think Jaime has ever met Gendry, Cersei either. She just knew from intel (LF) where he worked in KL when she ordered his execution. Actually having the gold cloaks go after him, confirms that he is Robert's son.

Jaime will have to know who he is - he spent 16 years with Robert (goodlooking young Robert and fat, drunk Robert)...so far Brienne, Ned, Jon Arryn, Stannis all recognized who he was immediately. The resemblance must be uncanny.

Jaime may even keep Gendry with him should he get past LS and BWB because Gendry becomes a great big barganing chip for Jaime; one of Jaime's last thoughts is removing Tommen from the IT; Jaime could present Gendry as a "true heir" to Robert's throne and admit that Tommen is his son......causing Cersei to explode with anger! Fight ensues, "valonquar" appears and....scene!

The funny part is there will be three "little brothers" present...Jaime, Gendry (younger bro to Mya), and Tommen.

Just an unrelated thought, if Tommen isn't King, he ceases to be "golden" and returns to the crimson colours of House Lannister - a chance he won't die? Was Tommen included in Jaime's dream where he is visited by dead Lannisters? Cersei was, but was Tommen and Marcella? Man I need to reread these books.

Archived