Roberts Bastards

The WarHammer

I think they will make appearances in other POV's storylines but have no major impact in TWOW. I think the only major occurrance will be if Jaime comes across Gendry and recognizes Robert in him. Although Jaime hates Cersei right now, he still hates Robert more and may kill Gendry if provoked by him.

Mya Stone will continue to assist Sansa but she won't leave her mountain. She'll just keep Sansa on edge while she is still LF's "natural daughter".

I think they will make appearances in other POV's storylines but have no major impact in TWOW. I think the only major occurrance will be if Jaime comes across Gendry and recognizes Robert in him. Although Jaime hates Cersei right now, he still hates Robert more and may kill Gendry if provoked by him.

Mya Stone will continue to assist Sansa but she won't leave her mountain. She'll just keep Sansa on edge while she is still LF's "natural daughter".

I think Jaime is intelligent enough to recognise Gendry as Robert's son. He'll pick the accent up as Kings Landing and join up the dots from there. I don't think he'll kill Gendry, though... but he may keep him close. Jaime doesn't want Tommen on the Iron Throne, don't forget, but he won't want Stannis to sit it either. Gendry could be a neat little solution.

I like the idea of Sansa/Mya playing out like Robert/Ned, however I don't know if theres time for that. I like how Sansa is almost being trained by Littlefinger, she is much more intelligent now and knows how to play "The Game". Also her collecting people with skills, like Mya, is very Littlefingerish. I also like the idea of Mya reminding Sansa of Arya, it could help heal their relationship if they ever meet again.

i see them happening simultaneously. littlefinger helping her learn the game but sansa finding people and reasons of her own to play it.

Well Gendry isn't a "Ser", unless a knight in the BWB has knighted him. I don't know if Jamie will recognize Gendry as Robert's sons. Seeing the relationship there is one of those things that has to be pointed out. Ned only realized it because he was right on the cusp of discovering what Jon Arryn had been.

with stannis in the north, and aegon in posession of storms end a baratheon would be a very valuable piece for the throne to hold. Sir Gendry has demosntrated prowess in getting this far and jamie having fought the kingswood would grasp that. by granting gendry the title he turns his problem into his friend and sends his new friend and followers south to fight his enemies. i dont think tyrion is the only lannister good at the game.

assume you meant Gendry, not Ned, and that could play out especially if there were some Baratheon loyalists. Out of all of the bastards I feel he would be the one that could really be the "face" of any group. Mya is locked away up in The Vale with Sansa, Edric is too young, and Bella is off at some inn. However I don't think that GRRM would introduce something like that at this point. It would take at least a book to really develop some kind of "Baratheon Loyalists" group and then at least another book to play that out, maybe more to show the after effects (They start calling Robb the King in the North in AGoT and then his part of the rebellion doesn't end till ASoS, three books later.) If GRRM truly means to end the series in two books then I just don't see this happening unfortunately, it would be an awesome storyline IMO.

the baratheon loyalist faction has been laid to a certain extent it just has to come together. the future foreign mercenaries and edric storm currently suspected to be somewhere in essos. salladhor saan replaces illyrio and it will feel like its all going to start over again, untill daenarys shows up. Ned = dead.

Jaime definitely does like hostages, good point. And he's caring less and less that people insinuate that he and Cersei had "relations". But at what point does Jaime not want Tommen on the throne? Is Jaime upset that he's there, or does Jaime simply think he'd be better off somewhere else??

When he returned to King's Landing, he told Cersei that he wanted to marry her. He later reflects on how he wishes to tell Tommen about his true parentage and asks himself, "Will he choose a father or a chair?" (paraphrasing). He also mentions in the latest chapter about how he will have to tell Mycrella too. He's never been one to play the game of thrones for his own gain. He played it to please Cersei, and now that relationship has ended, he wants his kids to know the truth. And I would like to think he wants them somewhere safe.

He also has this new commitment to the Kingsguard. He wouldn't need to give up his position of Lord Commander if he got to choose who was on the throne, and this makes Gendry an attractive pawn.

This isn't how I would play out his story, but it's a theory.

Well Gendry isn't a "Ser", unless a knight in the BWB has knighted him. I don't know if Jamie will recognize Gendry as Robert's sons. Seeing the relationship there is one of those things that has to be pointed out. Ned only realized it because he was right on the cusp of discovering what Jon Arryn had been.

Brienne did immediately recognize him as resembling Renly. In fairness, she was obsessed with Renly, but Jaimie was kingsguard so it wouldn't be that surprising for him to note the resemblance and figure it out.

i think edric will play a bigger part than others seem to think mainly due to the whole bastards of the five year gap thing, the kids are really central to the storyline and GRRM has said the gap was initially just to age the kids into players. we are effectively waiting at the minute for several people to be old enough to play the game with their specific advantages, eg bran warging about the place, aryas faceless adventures, rickon being brought back by manderly and being lord of winterfell.

so my theory is that robin being lord of vale even though right now he is a snivelling drain, rickon lord of winterfell and something leading to edric being lord of dragonstone/stormlands thus completing the arryn baratheon stark trio from the rebellion

I doubt it. Robin will die most likely at the hastening hands of peter. And edric storm what makes him special enough to get the targaryen seat when targaryens are coming back. Even storms end is far stretched for him. He's a bastard. I think gendry has a bigger story to play. Maybe he will forge lightbringer. Edric storm hasn't been in the story at all yet.

Brienne did immediately recognize him as resembling Renly. In fairness, she was obsessed with Renly, but Jaimie was kingsguard so it wouldn't be that surprising for him to note the resemblance and figure it out.

Also, Cersei knew that Gendry was one of Robert's bastards, she sent Gold Cloaks after him, so Jaimie might well know as well.

I was wondering if King Bob's daughter in the Vale was going to stir shit up somehow. We get a lot of information about her and so many people know she is Bob's daughter. Sansa seems to like her. Do you think she would "leave her mountain"???

great post btw.

I'm not so sure that many people know that she is Robert's. She certainly doesn't seem to know.

Also, Cersei knew that Gendry was one of Robert's bastards, she sent Gold Cloaks after him, so Jaimie might well know as well.

It was Joffrey who sent the Gold Cloaks after Robert's bastards, not Cersei. If I remember correctly, Tyrion confronted her about the infant killed in the brothel and she legitimately didn't know what he was talking about.

It was Joffrey who sent the Gold Cloaks after Robert's bastards, not Cersei. If I remember correctly, Tyrion confronted her about the infant killed in the brothel and she legitimately didn't know what he was talking about.

Pretty sure that was just in the show. And even if not, how would Joffrey know about Gendry if Cersei didn't.

Meddler is right, that was just in the show.

Pretty sure that was just in the show. And even if not, how would Joffrey know about Gendry if Cersei didn't.

My bad. I was about to reread the whole series but then I ended up picking up ASOS again cuz that was my favorite. Also, I kind of got my grandmother into the show and I left the first book at her place in case she wants to read it. Season 2 was kind of a hot mess, so I feel she needs the books.

Didn't one of the books say that Robert used to visit with his daughter in The Vale, btw? Mya Stone wasn't even in the show, so I'm pretty sure I got that right. ;-)

Archived